• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 11

Jbruin

Established Member
Everyone stop what you're doing.

Watch this: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/74963670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/74963670</a>

Enjoy.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So i decided to get back into Manager Mode, decide to go Arsenal and think with a budget of £21 million i'll need to sell some players to get 3-4 top players (Hazard/Banega etc). Sell Squillaci £8 million - laughing all the way to the bank and loan out a few others.

Now, i then put Bendtner and Chamakh up. Good prices for both (think they're £18/£19 million each - fook knows why) and i get two offers...both from Sp**s and i refused.

I wouldn't sell them Denilson...well, maybe him i would but not selling them Chamakh and Bendtner, they'll kill me on set-pieces -_-.

EDIT: Now had about 5 offers for Chamakh and 4 for Bendtner ALL from Sp**s - willing to pay £21 million for Chamakh :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Starting with £21 million i done the following:

Squilacci - Sold for £8 million
Denilson - Unsold.
Clichy - Sold for £21 million
Rosicky - Unsold.
Almunia - Sold to Bolton £3 million :lol:
Chamakh - Sold to Roma in the end £22 million
Bendtner - Sold to CSKA Moscow £16 million

Which meant i had £91 million to buy players

So these are the deals i done:

Cissokho - £13 million
Banega - £17 million
Pato - £28 million

Now got £23 million to buy a centre back and a third goalkeeper.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
I'm only 2 league games into mine.

Bought:
Cahill 7m
De Rossi 18
van der Wiel 6/7
Agbonlahor 14
Rodwell 6

Sold:
Bendtner 11 - Barca
Squillaci 7 - Bolton
Almunia 3 - Sampdoria
Denilson 6 i think - Can't remember
Eboue - Barcelona i think, can't remember how much
Then sold a load of youngsters

mo50

Established Member
After 1 year of career mode and some very messed up growth values, I stopped playing altogether. Has there been some sort of fix for this issue, or do you guys play with this problem?

Someone hacked into the PSN. Hopefully he doesn't use my credit card :sad:

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Armor for Sleep said:
Had that same problem with Schweinsteiger too, don't think there is any way around it. I take it your team is excellent then - so what kind of points total do you end up with?

Last 2 teams i played with were Arsenal and Barca - gave up after about 15 games in both as i had won almost every game and it seemed a forgone conclusion. Starting again with Arsenal now, using the 4-2-3-1 as it gives a more lifelike game compared to the 4-3-3 i was using which was way too easy to score with.
Think I'm 18-3-2 so far this season, I don't win by big margins usually and have to battle hard for the points so still find it enjoyable. 4 points ahead of Munich whom I beat 4-0 in my last match (think that's probably the biggest margin of victory I've had with this team). My depth isn't great and I'm juggling three comps so get some tough matches now and again.

Edit: Oh and what control settings and difficulty do you use? Like assisted/semi/manual and Legendary?
THunter said:
Denilson - Unsold.
Rosicky - Unsold.

Just before my Dortmund career I had a short lived Arsenal career and on the last day of the transfer window Juventus gave me about 30mill all up for these two. Laughed all the way to the bank.

Yeah how do you guys all find the growth values? I'm over 18months into my career and I think the only changes I've had are Coentrao up 2, Hummels and Subotic both up 1 and Błaszczykowski down 1 (bench player).

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
I use assisted/legendary. Growth values are ****, the players that should be going up don't. Unless you play perfectly, it seems you can't improve your young players.

What formation do you play? I play 7 minutes a half. I'm playing 4-2-3-1 and so far it looks good - a 2-0 and 80th minute Clichy! 1-0 win in my first 2 games. I found with 4-3-3, if you had a fast winger and played 1-2's it was just piss easy to score so i rather the new system as it gives a more realistic and challenging game.

I think i might do Dortmund after Arsenal and then maybe take over someone like Wolves.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well, i'm thinking of starting a new season. The one with Arsenal i got to 10-0-0 with a team of:

Szczesny

Sagna-Djourou -Vermaelen-Cissokho

Cesc-Banega-Wilshere

Walcott-RVP-Pato

It was simply too good...but got boring very quickly.

Player growth? Well the only message i've had about a player was Szczesny in the first few weeks - went from 69-70. I'm counting on it working though because i found this website:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifafanatic.com/fifa-11-best-young-players/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifafanatic.com/fifa-11-best-young-players/</a>

It is a list of what rating players can get to, gives you a good idea. By the way, whenever i go to sign Hazard it says he only just joined his club and won't leave.

WTF?

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Ches should be 76 after the updates...presuming you started before it?

They will only improve though if they constantly get high match ratings which is very hard unless you are thumping teams 5-0 consistently.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Armor for Sleep said:
Ches should be 76 after the updates...presuming you started before it?

They will only improve though if they constantly get high match ratings which is very hard unless you are thumping teams 5-0 consistently.
I stopped playing Fifa for about 2/3 months mate. Now with PSN being down i can't update the squads :(

Any idea why Hazard can't move? It allows me to bid for him yet when i do it says he has just joined Lille and so can't. :(

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Probably just a screw up, he should be able to move if you start a new one. Fifa doesn't always make sense with stuff like that.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
THunter, A similar thing happened to me and I realised it was because before I started the career I'd transfer'd those players in to a different team to play a few friendlies with and then transfered them back to their original clubs prior to starting the career. It happened with 3-4 players and I'd done this with all of them and it didn't come up with that message to any one else that it shouldn't have so can't be a coincidence.

Armor for Sleep said:
I use assisted/legendary. Growth values are ****, the players that should be going up don't. Unless you play perfectly, it seems you can't improve your young players.

What formation do you play? I play 7 minutes a half. I'm playing 4-2-3-1 and so far it looks good - a 2-0 and 80th minute Clichy! 1-0 win in my first 2 games. I found with 4-3-3, if you had a fast winger and played 1-2's it was just piss easy to score so i rather the new system as it gives a more realistic and challenging game.

I think i might do Dortmund after Arsenal and then maybe take over someone like Wolves.
I think all of mine are on semi-assisted or manual and I found the first season much harder with that but going pretty good now in 2nd season.

I'm kind of playing 4-4-2 but have altered the positions slightly, for instance Gotze is my left mid but I have tucking inside to an LAM type position so Coentrao can take up the whole left side.

I have Sahin and Fellaini in CM and the Belgium is an absolute beast for me.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah i put Hazard at Dortmund about 2 days ago but then put him back at Lille when i started manager mode. Any idea on how to fix it?

Started a new season just then, Arsenal again - manager Villas Boas. :lol: Sold Almunia/Squiallaci/Bendtner and bought Hulk and Thiago Silva.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
THunter said:
Yeah i put Hazard at Dortmund about 2 days ago but then put him back at Lille when i started manager mode. Any idea on how to fix it?

Started a new season just then, Arsenal again - manager Villas Boas. :lol: Sold Almunia/Squiallaci/Bendtner and bought Hulk and Thiago Silva.
:lol: My Dortmund manager is called Villas-Boas.

Only way is by reseting original squads, something I've had to do a few times with this Fifa due to various blips in the game and it's extremely annoying as I do edit's to players (as I can't download the latest squads) and these reset also when you do it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

:lol: Class.

Yeah, i only recently started playing fifa again, so i didn't have the latest squad update and can't get it with the PSN being down. So i done the premier league january transfers which took the ****. If i've got to do all that again then i'm sorry Eden you can fook off. :wink:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Armor for Sleep said:
Why can't you download the latest squads?
Need to sign in to PSN but it's been hacked so SONY have took it down. Meant to be down for another two weeks yet..that's what i read anyway.

mo50

Established Member
THunter said:
Armor for Sleep said:
Need to sign in to PSN but it's been hacked so SONY have took it down. Meant to be down for another two weeks yet..that's what i read anyway.

Please tell me your joking! Just as I've finished school for the year this happens, you couldn't make this **** up.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

By the way, i found this forum for Career mode on Fifa. It really is hilarious, people make threads about the team they are and pretend it's real. Somebody made a thread about Arsenal, saying Arsène Wenger had taken ill in the night and so has come to the decision to step down as manager...Tony Adams is the manager :lol:

<a class="postlink" href="http://forum.ea.com/uk/forums/show/37.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.ea.com/uk/forums/show/37.page</a>

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

mo50 said:
THunter said:
Armor for Sleep said:

Please tell me your joking! Just as I've finished school for the year this happens, you couldn't make this **** up.
Well, i looked up some PSN forums and a few people have mentioned two weeks, others a week. It could be anytime but prepare yourself :lol:

EDIT: Just found this..<a class="postlink" href="http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/04/28/playstation-network-psn-outage-status-update-online-by-weekend/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/04/ ... y-weekend/</a>

Should be up by Sunday latest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom