• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 11

Rorz

Established Member
Does anyone else set the game speed to slow? I find it makes the play seem at a slightly more realistic pace.

otfgoon

Established Member
CandysRoom said:
Well impressed with the fifa demo. Penalties are s**t though...

Penalties are great once you learn how to take them. I had the WC game so go used to it them.

The only bad thing about them is that the AI is **** and miss 80% of the time.

-Shaun-

Aye I love the penalties, so so so much better than last years. A lot of variation.

And also don't forget oftgoon (regarding AI), it's only a demo ;) Expect them to make a few tweaks or so before the full game release.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Got the demo on PS3, really liking it so far. Plays a more tactical game than last year which was quite frankly a quick one-two and pressure abuse-fest.

I currently use default formation with Song, Diaby and Cesc in midfield with Theo, Chamakh and Arshavin up front. Vermaelen, Diaby, Chamakh and Arshavin are really good in this one.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Not overly impressed with the demo. It seems slower and even on world class the opposition barely threaten my goal. Its also much harder to attack - not sure if thats a good thing or not, will have a better idea when the full game is out.

For me the biggest test will be changing little things like the calender in manager mode etc. rather than gameplay changes.

entropy13

Established Member
How are the differences in difficulty? In FIFA 10 the progression is "your AI teammates are 100% stupid", "your AI teammates are very stupid", "your AI teammates are stupid", "your AI teammates are somewhat stupid", and "your AI teammates are a bit stupid", from most difficult to least difficult.

Rorz

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
Not overly impressed with the demo. It seems slower and even on world class the opposition barely threaten my goal. Its also much harder to attack - not sure if thats a good thing or not, will have a better idea when the full game is out.

I noticed this as well. The AI will defend as if their lives depend on it yet are very poor going forward.

-Shaun-

I'm playing 4-2-3-1:

Almunia
Sagna/Koscielny/Vermaelen/Clichy
Nasri/Song
Walcott/Fabregas(c)/Arshavin
Van Persie

Works a treat ;)

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
What level? Haven't scored too many goals on WC, majority of the games just finish 0-0.

Tricks seem less useful in this one, very hard to skin a defender.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
The days of quick two pass attacks are over. This game requires a tactical build-up. It's one of the major differencs from the last couple of games.

otfgoon

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
The days of quick two pass attacks are over. This game requires a tactical build-up. It's one of the major differencs from the last couple of games.

like this? :cool: Just like the real thing.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/36866128

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/36865221

That was in legendary by the way, not amature like it says on those links.

If you pick begginer at the start of the game you get 4min halves (3 for the middle one and only 2 for expert). You can then go into settings and change it to World Class or Legendary that way, as well as your controls.

Enjoying this a lot more now that the game time has doubled from 4 mins to 8.

ricky1985

Established Member
otfgoon said:
If you pick begginer at the start of the game you get 4min halves (3 for the middle one and only 2 for expert). You can then go into settings and change it to World Class or Legendary that way, as well as your controls.

Enjoying this a lot more now that the game time has doubled from 4 mins to 8.
That doesn't seem to work for me. My half-lengths have been 3 minutes since I first got the demo. Are you talking Xbox360?

otfgoon

Established Member
Yeah, 360. Whatever you choose, when you go into settings it will say 3 mins. But the actual game will be longer.

You will be able to notice the difference. Could have confirmed it by uploading a goal, but not that they've changed the format of the website I don't think they show 'half lenght' anymore.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom