• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 11

OneProudGooner

Established Member
I quite like PES 2011 it's much better than last year.
The ball physics feels more heavier than Fifa which is a little too soft, (lighter) that it doesn't feel quite right, visually it looks more realistic (lighting etc) and player individualism is much better than in Fifa.

The animations are improved but may not be as smooth as Fifa's, the crowd sounds seems less repetitive but still a little too quiet and you have more freedom to pass in all directions although it still feels on rails at times.
It's a step up from Konami at least.

mccroix

Armor for Sleep said:
Tell her you love her!
:lol:

I want this game NOW!!!!

Can't wait to get my season started with the Gunners.

Does anyone now if you are in the CL (or ECC or whatever it is called on FIFA) from year 1? I hated that the teams which have qualified in reality aren't in the competition if you start a career with them.

concerning PES

I used to play PES on the PS2, loved the game..but on the PS3 it was crap and FIFA made a huge step forward and is better now I think. In addition I just need the real names and kits to get a feel for the game because I want it to be as realistic as possible

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Sorry Gurj, couldn't resist!

makaveli tha don said:
Does anyone now if you are in the CL (or ECC or whatever it is called on FIFA) from year 1? I hated that the teams which have qualified in reality aren't in the competition if you start a career with them.

Ye its one of the many "off the field" changes that needs to be made. As I have said a few times, its things like that, that were my major gripe with the last game.

Rorz

Established Member
They also need to make the ECC believable, not full of strange second rate teams while the Europa League equivalent is full of teams like Inter and Real Madrid year on year.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Not to mention that the majority of my CL games took place during the day. The calendar needs a serios revamp. Sometimes teams could be up to 4 games ahead of/behind me. Every league game you play takes place on the same day too. Its not hard to do a realistic schedule - even if its just a plain 8 PL games on Saturday followed by 2 on Sunday, with CL games rotating between Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

entropy13

Established Member
Rorz said:
They also need to make the ECC believable, not full of strange second rate teams while the Europa League equivalent is full of teams like Inter and Real Madrid year on year.

Not really make the ECC believable, but make leagues believable. Stoke, Portsmouth and West Ham finished 2nd-3rd-4th in my manager mode game in 10 :lol:

Rorz

Established Member
Yeah I suppose one leads to another. My MM seasons were never that drastic, although half the time Everton would be 2nd, and Chelsea would be in the bottom half.

jerome2158

Established Member
my biggest gripe is the scheduling. Why am I playing 2 matches on a saturday? I think it must be because the game doesn't anticipate players making it deep into every tournament, but nonetheless. It kills my players. End up playing the lowest ranking squad imaginable because I had a cup semi against man utd 2 hours before a league game against newcastle.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Really looking forward to this now, starting to love the changes they have made despite being sceptical at first.

Anyone else's demo not have OG's? Goal is awarded to whoever gives the pass/cross in mine.

Just hope the opposition are better going forward when the proper game is brought out. Quite easily able to shut out the top teams with Leverkusen on Legendary so using that yardstick, it should be possible for the likes of Arsenal to keep clean sheets galore in Manager Mode. Would be a bit of a let down if winning with Arsenal or any top team was no challenge.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Don't know if this has been posted but apparently the demo is shorter than it says in when you choose a skill level above Beginner, what you get is 2 mins instead of 3 mins but some people are reporting longer than that if you choose Beginner.

<a class="postlink" href="http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/7673.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/7673.page</a>

mccroix

That's true!
Tried it out the other day..

just select beginner when you are asked at the beginning.
Then select your team and in the pre game menue you can switch to legendary for example..

now you have 4mins

Smartly Dressed Morris

For pc fifa 11 demo players - Nice little program that allows you to change half length and difficulty.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.fifadelisi.net/down-36-fifa+11+demo+expander" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.fifadelisi.net/down-36-fifa+11+demo+expander</a>

mccroix

just cancelled my amazon order since the game should be in stores today or tomorrow (2 days earlier).

I hope it's there..
can't wait to get started :bounce

EDIT: got it here in Germany!
well I guess I have to leave work early then :bounce

OneProudGooner

Established Member
It'll be interesting to see the difference between the final build and demo build, I remember the Fifa 10 demo feeling quite different to the final build.

mccroix

OneProudGooner said:
It'll be interesting to see the difference between the final build and demo build, I remember the Fifa 10 demo feeling quite different to the final build.

hard to tell..I thought it felt really good..

started manager mode with arsenal..(legendary, 8 minutes a half)

1st game against Man City seemed like it would end 0-0, I was the better team..then Chamakh came on and tapped in the winner in the 85.
Man City then really started to press and dominated..I just managed to hang on...

second game: fulham away
early lead by Robin.
dominated, hit the post twice

then just before the half Fulham scored to make it 1-1.
I started to struggle going forward, Fulham were very passive and then scored on the counter attack just before the end of the game..I threw everything forward but couldn't create a good chance and lost..
really felt like an away game..home crowd atmosphere and all..

can't wait to get home rom work and play liverpool!

Smartly Dressed Morris

Im playing the full game on pc , plays very nicely although i much prefer slow speed , which isnt really that slow anyway.

Just played chelsea away on world class and lost 1-0 , would say the ai is better and commentary is excellent.

Top Bottom