• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 12

Freagle

Yeah, very happy with the demo. Finally, we get to learn how to defend. A huge plus for me is the fact that for the people who don't know how to defend, they will be running around chasing opposition players until they are tired hence making the game easier in the final minutes. A beautiful addition in my opinion.

Does anyone here play FIFA Ultimate Team? If so it would definitely be interesting to know what teams you set-up etc.

Also on September 20th there will be 2 free packs given for players who have established there teams BEFORE 16th August 2011 and daily gifts as well. On the 20th you can access your team on the website and start opening your free packs from there.

Herbas

New changes in Fifa12 makes Messi a lot more... realistic in the way that he is really scary now.
In Fifa11 Messi seemed to be just like a really solid player, but nothing jaw dropping, but now he is ****ing terrifying to defend against.

spartandre217

Established Member
I don't really like the feel of the game... A bit jarring having come from FIFA 10 and the way the game worked then.

AND having not been much for a man for regular boring tactics/formations.

I guess I'll give it more time and chances

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Should get my hands on the game tomorrow. Not massively keen on the demo and have read that a lot of the Manager Mode flaws still remain so not expecting anything too special. Hope i'm wrong.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Won't be having it until Tuesday, rather Wednesday next week.
Damnit, stupid UK imports.........

Looking forward to it, regardless.

Proof

Established Member
The reception has been positive. The "Career Mode" sounds fun to play. Anyway, I'll wait for FIFA 13 :lol:

I'm going for NBA2K12 this year.

Danni

The demo isn't a scratch on the actually game. The graphics have seemed to clear up a little, and the players who are supposed to be filled with intelligence actually play with mass intelligence (Gotze, for example). The offensive system in the game is top notch, aswell. In FIFA 11 it was near impossible to produce a Xavi like pass through the inside of the full-back out to the wing - but it's completely possible in this new edition.

The shooting is also ridiculously accurate - if not too accurate. When I was playing with Arsenal (against Tottenham), I had Wilshere cut the ball back to Wilshere at the edge of the box to van Persie. I didn't want Robin to have a first touch, so I pressed circle and the ball literally thrashed into the net - 200mph.

I also scored great goals with Gotze, who is a genius in the game, and with Lavezzi (Napoli is a great team when you want to attack consistently). The defending is still a little uneasy, but overall it really is a top game.

mo50

Established Member
Can't wait to buy this one some time next week. My fingers are itching with anticipation.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
The Wilshere and Arteta combination on Fifa 12 is sensational...

Lets hope this translates into reality.

(But neither can come close to how good David Silva is in that advanced position)

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Played it quite a bit and don't like it tbh. Defending on this is so hard its almost basketball style attacking then defending. Can't put the AI under pressure when they are on the ball in their half at all, one on one tackling is too hard. Manager mode hasn't improved a whole lot by the looks of things either....overall just a big disappointment.

FM is the game i'm looking forward too.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Defending is almost an impossibility really. Especially given that none of Arsenal's defenders in this game are overly quick, and users continue to face them up against Messi/Ronaldo/Tevez/Rooney...

I don't see why the pressure aspect of the game has been taken out either, given that it's a prominent feature of the modern game in reality.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Personally, I love the new Fifa. I see what you guys mean about taking away the pressure tactics but at least defending is a little harder than simply holding R2,X and O and waiting till you get the ball back like in '11.

I realised pretty quickly that I was never going to become great at 1 on 1 tackling so now I just use the midfield to block of the passing lanes and drop them real deep onto the defence. I find I hardly concede now though I'm still playing on World Class rather than Legendary.

Shooting also seems much better, it goes exactly where you tell it to, and unlike Fifa 11, when you're cutting in from the wing and finesse it to the far post, it doesn't automatically go in to the top corner.

It's harder and takes some getting used to but overall a massive improvement. I love the transfer window feature on manager mode.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I finally received my FIFA 12 today, and I must admit I'm a bit stunned.

The new defending system works quite well, reminds me a bit of FIFA 04. There are a whole lot of new ways to defend now, and it's become rather difficult to work the best one out.

After having played three games with Arsenal now (against Spuds, ManUre and City) all I'd like to add is: Szczesny and Robin are brilliant in this game.

mo50

Established Member
Just got the game and I must say its been cracking so far. The defending is quite hard but at least its much more interesting/fun than just holding X anf R2.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'm going to cry.....

Robin van Persie is an absolute beast in this game.
But he refuses to extend his contract at Arsenal during my career.....

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Theres a load of annoying sh*t like that in the game. Last day of transfer window Robben says he wants to leave. Real make a bid, i do nothing and the board sell him anyway.

Ahhh no i picked Bayern, i want to play with Bayern players, now give me Robben back you tw*ts! If i want stuff like that to happen i'll play a management game.

I'm still on world class, its probably harder than last years legendary. The opposition are too good on the ball, takes ages to win it back. A few times i've had less possession at home v relegation fodder. Only lost 3 times in 32 games thogh, win 2 more and i'll win the league.

Top Bottom