• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 12

Bossa

Established Member
Anyone in the higher divisions in the h2h seasons? I'm currently in division 4 and its tough as hell. I think that a lot of people are using the GK exploits because scoring is almost impossible.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Just wondering, is it possible to score against Neuer when you're above division 5?

I don't believe so, myself...

caek

I think they fixed the GK exploit in the latest patch.

@Irish- Ha, I feel your pain mate. Neuer is stupendously good, pretty much saves all my one-on-one's although I think I've beaten him with a cheeky lob.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
I changed the game speed to slow and it seems to be working better.

Read elsewhere that somebody had created the perfect settings for a realistic game. They customised all that pass error/player speed stuff and it worked well, might try doing it. Theres also apparently an option to swtch to a defensive system such as the one in Fifa 11 by switching Tactical Defending to Legacy Defending.

Proof

Established Member
Man. City's and Chelsea's starting XI is ridiculously good. Szczesny (on legendary mode) is a disaster waiting to happen. His 78 rating can easily cost you games.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have 8 games left in my first career mode and I'm undefeated, 6 poins clear with Arsenal.
I started on Legendary but I was just racking up the draws so switched to World Class. However I find there's a massive difference between the two, i.e. now I have little problem racking up the 4/5 goal victories here and there, anyone else find this?
I've plenty of time from next week onwards and would love to play some of you guys so if your keen PM me your user tag.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

redwhiteAustrian said:
With Skyrim and Anno 2070 both available now, I've lost any interest in FIFA 12 instantly. :(

Anno games are great... especially Anno 1602. Played that game so much.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
The new fifa is one of the most frustrating games i've played. I thought the gameplay in 11 was excellent but they have ruined it in the new one. I think i'll trade it in.

ricky1985

Established Member
I got it last week, sort of love it and hate it at the same time.

It's impossible to get the ball back and so easy for the computer, or anyone, to walk straight past you, but on the ball I think it's out of this world good.

I've set everything to manual and it was impossible at first, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Can occasionally beat the computer on legendary, but it's very, very hard.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ricky1985 said:
I got it last week, sort of love it and hate it at the same time.

It's impossible to get the ball back and so easy for the computer, or anyone, to walk straight past you, but on the ball I think it's out of this world good.

I've set everything to manual and it was impossible at first, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Can occasionally beat the computer on legendary, but it's very, very hard.
I tend to hold R1 and X (I've got it on Xbox but don't know the button names so still use PS3 ones) constantly when defending, backing off right upto my 18 yard box. When they get a little too close to you, let go of X and direct towards the ball to make a tackle (without pressing tackle). It works everytime for me and the faster you drop off the quicker they'll attack, thus the less possession they'll have.

Do you find the computer never crosses the ball on Legendary? It's rather annoying.

I've just realised; I haven't changed any of the settings so on Manual my tip above might not work as on the original settings, if you're close enough to the opposition, like right on top of them, then the computer tackles for you.

Armor for Sleep said:
The new fifa is one of the most frustrating games i've played. I thought the gameplay in 11 was excellent but they have ruined it in the new one. I think i'll trade it in.
I love the gameplay in '12 and it's by far my favourite ever Fifa. Is it just the defending side of play you dislike or the offensive too?

ricky1985

Established Member
I've tried a few different ways. Tried the 'jockeying' option with my finger on green/A button to tackle when the moment is right, but it's almost impossible to consistently time it right and if you're a split-second off they walk straight through you.

Most successful way I've found is holding down red/B button, which 'contains' them and keeps you at a safe distance. Makes it difficult for them to walk straight through you, but it also makes it bloody difficult to make a tackle and generally you only get the ball back when they play an errant pass in your crowded defensive third.

I think that's the best way, but you've got to find a balance between containing and tackling. All it takes is a bit of practice.

Btw - I would recommend trying the game with manual settings. It's incredibly difficult and frustrating at first, but when you start to crack it it's so so satisfying. Banging one in the top corner on manual is 20 times more enjoyable - mainly because you were hitting the corner flag for games on end beforehand. Passing can also be a lot more dangerous once you get the hang of it on manual.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ricky1985 said:
I've tried a few different ways. Tried the 'jockeying' option with my finger on green/A button to tackle when the moment is right, but it's almost impossible to consistently time it right and if you're a split-second off they walk straight through you.

Most successful way I've found is holding down red/B button, which 'contains' them and keeps you at a safe distance. Makes it difficult for them to walk straight through you, but it also makes it bloody difficult to make a tackle and generally you only get the ball back when they play an errant pass in your crowded defensive third.

I think that's the best way, but you've got to find a balance between containing and tackling. All it takes is a bit of practice.

Btw - I would recommend trying the game with manual settings. It's incredibly difficult and frustrating at first, but when you start to crack it it's so so satisfying. Banging one in the top corner on manual is 20 times more enjoyable - mainly because you were hitting the corner flag for games on end beforehand. Passing can also be a lot more dangerous once you get the hang of it on manual.
We must have different control settings as the jockeying you described is what I use and was talking about beforehand. I find it works well if you just let go off the jockey button when they're close enough. I don't find they pass you easily often that way.

On '11 I switched to manual eventually and enjoyed it but I'm really liking my Arsenal career at the moment on '12 and don't want to change settings as I know it will frustrate me to begin with and I'll end up giving up. Once I've had enough of this career I'll start with a new club and change the settings then.

I play a lot of two player but my flatmates are a couple of levels below and don't like playing me any more so perhaps I'll start playing manual against them to even it out. You do get a much better feel of self accomplishment when it's all on manual.

van Persie bagged 30 goals to take golden boot as I won my first season ;D

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
On legendary macca? I'm still on world class. I could win leagues on legendary easily in 11 but find WC on 12 even harder.

I dislike everything about it tbh. The defending drives me crazy. That stand tackle is ridiculous, the defender over-commits to the tackle like a drunk kid. No pressing is stupid, i don't think you should have to allow the opposition into your final 3rd just to win the ball back. I concede goals for fun in the game.

And the passing ability of the weak teams is crazy. I played Rotherham at home recently and they had even possession. I also find my attacking play severely limited. Crossing seems a waste of time now, so all i do is get it wide and try and round the full back. Basically i'm completely reliant on having pacey players, somebody like a Mario Gomez is useless for me.

I might mess around with the settings and try and find a balance because right now i just find the game a pile of crap.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Na, I'm on WC. Started my Arsenal career on Legendary but was drawing practically every game. I think there's a huge difference between Legendary and WC. I agree with the cons you mentioned but the crossing definitely needed adjusting from 11, I'm sure my ratio was > a goal every 2nd cross.

spartandre217

Established Member
The Cpu players are stupidly good at keeping possession, are brokenly strong and pacey at times. Crossing and lobbed through balls have been nerfed to high heaven regardless of player vision and passing stats. Pace and blinding amounts of it are the only real way to win. I've stuck to an asymmetrical 4-2-3-1 with players like Miyaichi, Chambo, Doumbia, Shaqiri, Hulk, Gerv on the wings and completely counterattacking football.

Possession based football is useless as are traditional wingers and wide play. I play on World Class and Miyaichi can't even get away from Samba... Christopher f***ing Samba

AFC-Phil

Established Member
There are a few ways to win the back in this game. Put a lot of depth in your formation in your midfield/defence and it becomes impossible for your opponent to keep the ball in your half. Another is to force them wide and swarm them when near the touchline. More often than not you will win the ball, or at the very least force a throw in. It's a bit risky as you can be open in the middle, but it's effective.

Apart from that, anticipate passes and in particular to their striker. The amount of times someone online/offline aimlessly tries to hit their CF as quickly as possible in amazing. Just anticipate it with your DM and it's an easy turnover.

As for the game, I love it. The gameplay is great and when I got used to my opponent having the ball a bit more, I really began to enjoy it. My main annoyance with the gameplay is that it's all centralised to the 18 yard line. Apart from that, it's too easy to come inside and difficult to defend when someone comes inside.

David Smith

Established Member
I never find time to play fifa 12 as I'm playing AC revelations and AC brotherhood all day, everyday.
Remains the best FIFA game though.

Top Bottom