• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 12

Freagle

First Official Trailer for Fifa 12.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An-E0GOKwvA&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An-E0GOK ... r_embedded</a>

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Here's hoping that they make the attacking in the game more rewarding to possession based football, rather than everyone trying to counterattack.

Looks good for what it's worth, but the demo will paint a much better picture.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2011/jul/11/fifa-12-hands-on" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/ga ... 2-hands-on</a>

Can't wait, sounds like some great changes have been made.

On a different note, I just sold Chamakh for 20m to Barca on '11. Great bit of business.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Barca always want Chamakh, one January transfer window i sold them Chamakh and Bendtner. Got around £40M.
:lol:

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Read most of it.

I'm cynical about Manager Mode changes. In 11 they couldn't get some pure basics right... for example playing in England you often had Thursday night league games and the weekend was split 5/5 with your game always middle of the day. Transfers are also quite unrealistic. Now 12 has gone into such detail that players get unhappy and talk to the press?....doubtful it will be as good as it sounds.

Also i think the physical side of the game is pretty good as it is, i'll be suprised if this new impact engine is much better.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Manager Mode is basically the only thing I do on Fifa so the changes better be vast. I think this part about players unhappiness will be good, I liked it in the old Fifa's how you had to keep players morale's high and it's good that clubs will bid for any of your players now, not just those listed.

I agree that the physical side is already good but I'm hoping this new impact engine means much more injuries (it's good that the tackler can now get injured too). Strangely, I hated going through a season with only picking up one or two injuries, and never an extremely serious one.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
I'm the exact same. At the very least there should be an option to have them on or off...and if they're on you should get a realistic number of injuries per season.

Some of the stuff is just so basic...like not having European football in the first season. Would be easy to have an on/off option there too and it would make a big difference. Random fixture lists so you don't play the same set of fixtures every season... if they sort out those type of little things it could be a great game.

Freagle

Yeah definitely. I love manager mode and from what I gathered was that their full focus for FIFA 12 will be to basically reconstruct Career Mode to make it much more realistic. I hate unrealistic signings but there are a couple of 'small' additions that I think are magnificent. For example, if you sign Kaka for Arsenal, the commentator would actually explain the signing and how much of an impact he can make etc.

I'll update my post up top with the various updates we have learned.

Oh and I love the fact that they brought back the Youth Academy :)

Freagle

Not much has been said on the Youth Academy for FIFA 12 but if you look at the screen shots, they displayed the new skin for career mode and an option of "Youth Academy" among others.

How it works is beyond me. What I do know is how it used to work so I can only base this on assumptions and previous experiences. Youth Academy basically means an in-depth analysis on your youngsters or potential stars. Based on previous experiences this basically means getting specific information on what areas each player is working on, remained constant or improved. For example, playing a season with Ramsey could see an improvement in passing, dribbling and finishing whereas players like Lansbury can remain constant. It just shows you the wealth of talent you have at your ranks and makes your decisions on their future easier. Another benefit can be that if for example Gibbs, Lansbury, JET, Miyachi are getting little to not first-football, your option won't only be to loan them out but also to give them a couple of games in the youth department.

With that said, I believe they are going to improve it this time as it got huge complaints last time around, basically because obvious players were not improving but rather poor players were. There are going to be huge improvements as they have dedicated this years edition to career mode but to what extent we will eventually find out soon enough.

I'll hopefully keep this thread intact and up-date the first post as soon as it gets published.

There is light

A lot being sad about improvements in the manager mode but i would love some changes in the Be A pro mode. That's the real thing! Being part of a club and winning, i love that!

Great to see some of the new skills introduced in the game, something new to work at, hjerpseth has been doing some really good work as well finding new skills! Real difference in this game would be the MASSIVE improvements in the defense being talked about, too eager for that.

I think they also need to tweak the momentum feature of the game so as to make the 1v1 more exciting and competitive through the whole 90 minutes, games get finished off after 30 minutes very often because of this feature as the in-game AI reduces player ability of a losing side. If they can do that, 2012 will be a great game.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
With Jack being on the cover, a proper rating for him in the game is now ensured.

Btw, when was the last time we've had an Arsenal player on a FIFA cover?
Only remember Pat being on it 2005 (wearing that awesome home jersey), and Henry the year before....

Latest posts+

Top Bottom