• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 12

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Finnish_Gooner said:
1macca1 said:
How is revelations? better than brotherhood?

Both great games and for me on a similiar level. If you played Brotherhood, you should play this to 'finish the story'.
Yeah I really enjoyed ACII & Brotherhood, will wait for the price of revelations to drop though.

David Smith

Established Member
Same, it's my favourite video game series, I can't get enough of it. Played all of the games over and over. When AC1 came out I thought it was the best game I ever played :eek:ops: ... until the second one came out, and then brotherhood... :angel, finished the story with revelations but I continue to play every game, the story and online, I enjoy it so much. Brotherhood I'd consider my favourite but all are fantastic.

entropy13

Established Member
David Smith said:
Never got into Oblivion, I won't bother on Skyrim.

You're missing a lot then.

I never got into Morrowind...so I shouldn't have bothered with Oblivion years ago? :wink: :roll:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Need a bit of a hand.

I just bought Fifa 12 today - I know...late to the party and all that.

Now, my PS3 is being gash. Every time I try to update the software, the PS3 internet connection crashes out on me - and I can't play the game until I have the update, apparently :roll: :roll:

Does anyone know where I can get a web based version of the update instead?

EDIT: Nevermind. As if you can just press cancel. :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :lol:

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Picked this up the other day, I'm absolute garbage at this compared to previous years. All my games so far have been goalfests with horrible defending and spectacular goals.

spartandre217

Established Member
Defending is bloody tough at times. On world class, the strength of your defenders is irrelevant, as is their speed, agility and acceleration statistics.

Worse still, if you use the tactical defending set-up you can't press and or do sweet f*** all until the attackers are much much too close.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just buy the game too today i just played 3 games and oh my the defending is so hard FFS, i heared the defending in this game is hard but i see worse the defenders not pressure on the player and give him so much space.

When carroll score hattrick against you, thats mean you are s**t in this game.

now anyone can tell how to defend in this game.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
FIFA's single player needs a major overhaul. The AI is so damn boring to play against, the defenders never move out of position and they can all run faster than Walcott.

Online is the only way I can have fun.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
yousif_persie said:
Just buy the game too today i just played 3 games and oh my the defending is so hard FFS, i heared the defending in this game is hard but i see worse the defenders not pressure on the player and give him so much space.

When carroll score hattrick against you, thats mean you are s**t in this game.

now anyone can tell how to defend in this game.

I stopped using contain and standing tackle, which surprisingly has made my defending much better. If you mistime a standing tackle you're hopelessly vulnerable and you'll probably concede 9/10 times. I try to maintain my shape and apply second man pressure (R1), which so far has meant I concede far less goals than I used to. If I need to win the ball back quickly I try to manually barge into opposition players which is a fairly effective tactic as well.

Just got out of division 10 in Head to Head seasons and I'm starting to like this. AI is still boring to play though.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Exactly, applying pressure with two defenders/players is quite effective, especially when you're being attacked from the flanks.

Freagle

Do any of you lads play FIFA pro clubs? I was thinking of starting a thread and making our own Arsenal-Mania club for FIFA pros (If the moderators allow us of course).

If any of you are up to it or in need of any information about pro clubs just mention it here or by PM.

Freagle

I just figured I'd put this here instead of people asking for it.

FIFA pro is basically you being in charge of a single player, setting his position and all and eventually levelling your character up. You can choose any position on the pitch and then join a club. I have joined several clubs with my pro, the best was playing 11 vs 11 and I was an attacking midfielder.

If you guys are interested or if we have enough players, we can with the confirmation of the moderators, create an Arsenal-Mania club and play online.

Also, if anyone is interested but didn't start a pro player, PM me and I can help you level up as soon as possible. It's much easier this way than doing it alone and I mean much much easier.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
ferrarif50hunt said:
FIFA's single player needs a major overhaul. The AI is so damn boring to play against, the defenders never move out of position and they can all run faster than Walcott.

Online is the only way I can have fun.

I agree tbh. It's impossible to play a fun, attractive game against the computer.

Throughballs are nigh on useless even if your player is pacey as **** and keeping the ball in midfield to move the defenders around just leads to you getting swamped and losing the ball, only for them to break on you where Graham Dorrans dribbles around your entire backline and chips your keeper Messi style.

It seems the only way to win is through individual brilliance, which does get boring after a while.

I do like a lot of the new animations, though.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom