• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 16 / PES 2016

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Haven't seen a thread for the new football games this year so thought I'd make one. I've played both demos and Fifa edges it again for me, PES seems very clunky and not as smooth, also I can't bear to not have real teams.

Discuss both FIFA 16 & PES 16 here.

:lol:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Seems like Fifa 2015 imo. Looks abit more pes-ish but i'll buy it as always. Love the new draft idea though!

blaze_of_glory

I'm getting PES for the first time ever this year. Sick of Fifa and the same issues never getting resolved. I've played the PES 16 demo and its fantastic. Actually feels like the real game. The passing is tight and the AI for your team is outstanding, always making the runs that they never do in Fifa.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I'm getting PES for the first time ever this year. Sick of Fifa and the same issues never getting resolved. I've played the PES 16 demo and its fantastic. Actually feels like the real game. The passing is tight and the AI for your team is outstanding, always making the runs that they never do in Fifa.
I'll have to give the demo a go mate be good if PES does regain top spot.

blaze_of_glory

I'll have to give the demo a go mate be good if PES does regain top spot.
I've not played the Fifa 16 demo yet in all fairness, but compared to Fifa 15 the PES demo plays a lot nicer in my opinion. Then again, I preferred the PES 15 demo over Fifa 15 as well but had already purchased Fifa last year.

I've been buying Fifa annually since 2002, but over the past few years I have barely played after the first week or so of having it. Just gotten stale for me. PES feels fresh and fun again. Your players make the right runs, come to the ball when they should, the passing is crisp, and you can actually shoot from distance against the computer without being blocked 99% of the time in impossible ways.

I don't care much about presentation or tons of different game modes. Just want a game that's fun and polished on the field, and that isn't enraging when playing the computer since I prefer that to online play.

Hegemony

PES has definitely got better game-play. I had both Pro Evo 15 and Fifa 15, PES was far superior when it came to mechanics and CPU Intelligence. When you lost, you felt you deserved to lose, unlike Fifa.

Only problem is it feels like an unfinished game; the commentary is bland, Martin Tyler, Jeff Stelling and co make Fifa atmospheric. PES has limited stadiums, Fifa has all the big ones. PES doesn't have too many game modes, fifa a bundle. Also, PES has no licencing. Finally PES also has a really quiet community; it's dead online. Fifa's big problem is the game-play; it's unpredictable and broken, with rumours of handicap's and God knows what.

It's a shame really because if you combined both Fifa and PES you'd have a top footballing game. At the moment both fall a bit short and I wouldn't value either at 50 quid.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Things I like about PES are the celebarations, as I feel like your players are actually excited, I'm sick of scoring a screamer in the 90th minute on fifa in the North London derby and for my players to look as if its a friendly, does my head in. Also the crowed on fifa looks fake as ****, I mean there's never clear colours such as all red and then in the corner a section of blue, it just doesn't look like that on TV if you get me. Plus if you play an early round FA cup game against a super low league team, it annoys me how the stadiums all sold out. I know these are little things but they bug me so much.

I play career mode most, and they need to sort that **** out so badly, there is so much they could do but they never do it. I wish they added in lots of stats so I could see players who I want in my teams stats from the past 3 seasons and stuff, like FM. But anyway it'll be fifa 16 again for me this year.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
After playing the PES demo a few weeks ago I was afraid FIFA was going to really underwhelm me in comparison but boy was I pleasantly surprised. Much like Madden, it actually feels that EA have really gone a truly next gen direction this year with what finally plays like a different game rather than a roster update. The pace of play is excellent and I love all of the little intricacies they've added this year. I like it better than the PES demo and of course there's the added benefit of proper licensing. I can't wait to play the full game next week when it comes out on EA Access. I think Özil and Alexis in particular are going to be extremely fun to play as this year with the improvements to passing, shooting and dribbling. I would definitely recommend that people try the demo before just dismissing it as the same game as 15 because it's really not at all.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
@Batman Madden 16 was a huge upgrade this year I found. Playing offense is fun again, so much more action and possibilities, especially when throwing the ball.

I need to try both demos before I decide. I find getting FIFA back-to-back years is difficult. The new one always feels like a roster update with some slightly new animations. PES has had some brilliant games in the past, but they're so up and down. When they get it wrong, the game is almost unplayable. Hopefully they're back to their best, I'd like to give FIFA a rest for at least a year.

blaze_of_glory

After playing the PES demo a few weeks ago I was afraid FIFA was going to really underwhelm me in comparison but boy was I pleasantly surprised. Much like Madden, it actually feels that EA have really gone a truly next gen direction this year with what finally plays like a different game rather than a roster update. The pace of play is excellent and I love all of the little intricacies they've added this year. I like it better than the PES demo and of course there's the added benefit of proper licensing. I can't wait to play the full game next week when it comes out on EA Access. I think Özil and Alexis in particular are going to be extremely fun to play as this year with the improvements to passing, shooting and dribbling. I would definitely recommend that people try the demo before just dismissing it as the same game as 15 because it's really not at all.
Interesting, I'll definitely check the demo then.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The PES demo has officially turned my head. I'm going pro evo this year. It's been a long time but I'm sick of the fifa bulls*it. PES is a hell of a lot fun and just seems a lot more balanced with how you can score goals. No L1 triangle abuse every game. Gonna miss the fifa skills tho. Got pretty good at them in the end.

FUT is obviously the big selling point for Fifa though and I do rate it a lot but PES' MyClub seems like it will give it a run for its money. (Well not literally because FUT is a money making machine lol). Looking forward to playing the master league again. Remember that being so good back in the day.

I hope you boys come to your senses and come to the PES side too.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
@Batman Madden 16 was a huge upgrade this year I found. Playing offense is fun again, so much more action and possibilities, especially when throwing the ball.

I need to try both demos before I decide. I find getting FIFA back-to-back years is difficult. The new one always feels like a roster update with some slightly new animations. PES has had some brilliant games in the past, but they're so up and down. When they get it wrong, the game is almost unplayable. Hopefully they're back to their best, I'd like to give FIFA a rest for at least a year.
Agreed. Madden had been stagnant for the better part of a decade but since I had the 10 hour trial on EA Access I figured it wouldn't hurt to play it. I was blown away and that gave me a bit of hope for FIFA because you could finally see the new EA engine really making a difference in gameplay. FIFA is typically a bit more innovative so once I realized how good Madden is my thought was that maybe it would follow suit and change things up a bit. To me, the demo plays a little bit more like PES which is why I think people enjoy it. There's a seamlessness to the play that's very similar to PES at its best but with the smoother animations that FIFA is known for and of course all the bells and whistles of the licenses. I also love the new dribbling feature that Messi worked on where you can manually feint without touching the ball. It takes some work to figure out he appropriate times to use it and the best way to execute and chain it to skill moves but it strikes me as the kind of thing that will be a huge weapon if you can master it. I also want to make a special mention of how much better keepers reactions are this year. They actually seem much more in sync with the flight of the ball than in years past. It always seemed like when you scored a goal in FIFA and watched the replay the AI would basically delay the keeper to where they only made a save attempt after the ball was past them. Now the keeper's reaction is much more in tune with when the shot comes in and so it looks considerably more natural.

nicky47

Established Member
Played the Fifa demo just now, and it's literally Fifa 15, doesn't seem like anything has changed at all... So annoyed. The big difference I want this time around is more depth in Career mode, as that's all I play, but Ill have to wait and see about that.

I used to adore PES so I may give the demo a bash, seem's like it's getting a lot of praise!

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Any people that have played the PES demo noticed the goalkeepers are absolute *? Routine saves turn into epic dives for the cameras. Can't seem to catch the ball when its kicked at them. Tis my only real gripe of PES so far. I hope it's not that bad come the official release.

Hegemony

Played the Fifa demo just now, and it's literally Fifa 15, doesn't seem like anything has changed at all... So annoyed. The big difference I want this time around is more depth in Career mode, as that's all I play, but Ill have to wait and see about that.

I used to adore PES so I may give the demo a bash, seem's like it's getting a lot of praise!

In Career you can specify how to train your players now. For instance you could instruct Theo Walcott to improve on, say, finishing and then his finishing would gradually improve. You can chose to sim or play these training routines.
Also money rolls over now, so theoretically you could 'save up' to purchase a decent player in the next season's window.

Still, the limited gameplay improvements don't warrant £50. I'll wait for the price to drop and stick with fifa 15 until then.

nicky47

Established Member
In Career you can specify how to train your players now. For instance you could instruct Theo Walcott to improve on, say, finishing and then his finishing would gradually improve. You can chose to sim or play these training routines.
Also money rolls over now, so theoretically you could 'save up' to purchase a decent player in the next season's window.

Still, the limited gameplay improvements don't warrant £50. I'll wait for the price to drop and stick with fifa 15 until then.
Cheers for the reply man! Some nice improvements them.

I do wish they'd add more depth to statistics and add more options to transfers though. Would also like there to be more details to when you sim a game... I find you almost always end up with like 2-1's, and players will score in the same minute a lot, or score in the first minute a lot, or sometimes nothing happens, not even subs. That needs sorting out!

Hegemony

Cheers for the reply man! Some nice improvements them.

I do wish they'd add more depth to statistics and add more options to transfers though. Would also like there to be more details to when you sim a game... I find you almost always end up with like 2-1's, and players will score in the same minute a lot, or score in the first minute a lot, or sometimes nothing happens, not even subs. That needs sorting out!

Yeah, career needs a lot more work to keep it vibrant. Transfers also feel unrealistic as hell, I can offer Madrid 50 million + Flamini to land Benzema. Never happening in reality!

Agree with all your points, especially the sim options. Would love it if you could pre-select who should come on and at what time, or if they offered you a half-time player-score sheet so we could see who isn't playing well and could come off. So many things they can do, but I don't think they will because Fifa is so focused on Ultimate Team.

One positive I did notice about the demo is it seems they've tried to tone down the OP chip through-balls, which is one thing I guess!

PS: Here's a little 2 minute video on the career mode changes:

Top Bottom