• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 16 / PES 2016

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
You boys are tempting me to break my fifa streak for the first time in years.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's fantastic. Just in the process of finding an option file to download (kits, badges etc.) Wonder if my main man @blaze_of_glory can help me out?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Tried both the demo for Fifa and PES, have a hard time deciding which one to get.

Have always played Fifa, but I don't feel it's worth buying every year for the few changes they make. Some bugs take years for them to iron out and it feels like a rip off to me.

Really enjoyed playing PES, it feels much more realistic, less fluid. I'm digging it so far, but not sure which to get yet.

blaze_of_glory

maxresdefault.jpg

It's fantastic. Just in the process of finding an option file to download (kits, badges etc.) Wonder if my main man @blaze_of_glory can help me out?

Here is an EPL pack that is apparently quite good, though the badges are poor quality.

http://www.pesworld.co.uk/p/pes-2014-files.html

You can get better badges here, just drag them into a folder on your computer.
https://hdlogo.wordpress.com/category/england-u/

I found a "megapack" the other day that I have used instead. Has tons teams/leagues. EPL badges look nice too. I found it on a forum on pesgaming.com, but that site has not been working for me for the past few days.

I'll see if I can maybe find the link to the pack itself on when I get home to work.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Here is an EPL pack that is apparently quite good, though the badges are poor quality.

http://www.pesworld.co.uk/p/pes-2014-files.html

You can get better badges here, just drag them into a folder on your computer.
https://hdlogo.wordpress.com/category/england-u/

I found a "megapack" the other day that I have used instead. Has tons teams/leagues. EPL badges look nice too. I found it on a forum on pesgaming.com, but that site has not been working for me for the past few days.

I'll see if I can maybe find the link to the pack itself on when I get home to work.

Nice one lad, I owe you one.

Tried both the demo for Fifa and PES, have a hard time deciding which one to get.

Have always played Fifa, but I don't feel it's worth buying every year for the few changes they make. Some bugs take years for them to iron out and it feels like a rip off to me.

Really enjoyed playing PES, it feels much more realistic, less fluid. I'm digging it so far, but not sure which to get yet.

PES gameplay >>>>>

FIFA can be conquered by anyone who knows how to use players with pace. My mate plays with Yanited and uses Ashley Young up front ffs. When you have pace on that game, few other attributes matter.

BobP

Memri Fan
PES gameplay is generating some real buzz, presentation and organization has been a bit of a let down apparently.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

PES gameplay >>>>>

FIFA can be conquered by anyone who knows how to use players with pace. My mate plays with Yanited and uses Ashley Young up front ffs. When you have pace on that game, few other attributes matter.
Yeah, true. Pace, strength and skill moves is all you need. Tactically it matters so little how you play.

blaze_of_glory

PES gameplay is generating some real buzz, presentation and organization has been a bit of a let down apparently.
Yeah they have not updated the rosters yet, which is annoying if you wanted to start the career mode with updated squads. Apparently its coming out sometime next week. Silly of the not to have done that before launch.

Also heard theres a few bugs in some of the game modes but I've not had any problems in the little I've played so far.

Stoneh

Lads... take a look at Bellerin!
Fastest RB in game.
Speed 97
Acceleration 96

Managed to buy him, he is developing very well indeed.:lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Been playing the early release of FIFA 16 since yesterday and my 10 hour trial is almost up. Guys, it's seriously good this year. Teams actually play the way they set up in real life. There's legitimate variation, you can't just dribble through a whole defense unless you're playing as Messi and you have to understand how to play the ball into space or you'll achieve nothing.The game is finally a chess match between you and the CPU or you and your opponent. Spamming sprint will get you nowhere against quality players or the higher CPU difficulties. I love it. To me it feels like the best aspects of FIFA and PES to this point have been married. The only thing missing is the CL license.
Of course I've played most games as Arsenal and I've produced some pretty spectacular stuff as well as some very pedestrian stuff. Cech is a freaking monster in this game. The guy saves everything. He definitely kept my first few games within reach as I was getting used to the match. Özil, Ramsey, Coq, Sanchez, Kos,Gab and Bellerin stand out as well. Defending is a joy now. If you're smart and you can keep your players organized you can force the CPU into mistakes and burn them on the counter. If you run around like a headless chicken they'll bury you. Passing is great too. Some teams will let you move the ball around while others will press you to death so you've got to use all of the different passing options available to you in order to retain possession and create chances. I hate that I've got to wait until Tuesday for the full release.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Been playing the early release of FIFA 16 since yesterday and my 10 hour trial is almost up. Guys, it's seriously good this year. Teams actually play the way they set up in real life. There's legitimate variation, you can't just dribble through a whole defense unless you're playing as Messi and you have to understand how to play the ball into space or you'll achieve nothing.The game is finally a chess match between you and the CPU or you and your opponent. Spamming sprint will get you nowhere against quality players or the higher CPU difficulties. I love it. To me it feels like the best aspects of FIFA and PES to this point have been married. The only thing missing is the CL license.
Of course I've played most games as Arsenal and I've produced some pretty spectacular stuff as well as some very pedestrian stuff. Cech is a freaking monster in this game. The guy saves everything. He definitely kept my first few games within reach as I was getting used to the match. Özil, Ramsey, Coq, Sanchez, Kos,Gab and Bellerin stand out as well. Defending is a joy now. If you're smart and you can keep your players organized you can force the CPU into mistakes and burn them on the counter. If you run around like a headless chicken they'll bury you. Passing is great too. Some teams will let you move the ball around while others will press you to death so you've got to use all of the different passing options available to you in order to retain possession and create chances. I hate that I've got to wait until Tuesday for the full release.

Nice review bro!! Yeah the gameplay has improved, I just wish they did more with career mode to give it the longevity, however I reckon i'll still be into it many months down the line. I like the idea all teams play different and I play on legendary so hopefully changing tactics is more important in this game, so I don't keep with the same 443 that wins me all games. I also wish they changed celebrations and tried to create more atmosphere with the crowd when you score but meh maybe they'll do it in 2017.

Stoneh

I find Fifa great for stuff off the pitch like the career modes, however once you actually play it.. its very predictable. You can score same goals again and again. The only stat you need is speed. None of the others appear to matter so much.

PES this year is the best its ever been. Types of players make huge difference. Similar type players play better together. Keep playing them and they build up better understanding.

Its not about pace either, try shoving Yaya or Fellani off the ball.. not easy, they are tanks and make interesting midfield battles. Robben is very skilful with close ball control. Watch players like Lewa amd Walcott make runs just like they do. Im still finding out more things but so far im loving it. Ive deleted the Fifa demo ;)

After last 4 years with FiFa this year its definetly PES for me. I played Fifa last year only for a month after I worked out how to score almost everytime. In PES no two goals are alike... appears that way anyway.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
FIFA 16 is out the 22nd right? I'm gonna need that as therapy for most of our games this season I think, you know; Make my own Arsenal with good players and ****.

''Lost 2-0? Ha, I think not.''

Fifa is terrible game.

People should move over to PES.

Fifa seriously need some time out, thinking about how terrible game they have been making over the years.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
Pace is only a problem in Fifa if;

a) You don't know how to defend
b) You're playing Ultimate Team

Other than that it isn't anywhere as bad as a few years ago. Strength has a big part in the physics of the last two games, someone like Costa wasn't the quickest but was an animal because it was so difficult to push him off the ball. Or Pogba, not that quick but 90 strength & 4* skills makes him almost impossible to deal with.

Before 2015, lol, Emenike and Doumbia, that's all you needed.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Officially made the switch and got PES today.

Lot of work changing all the team names, though. Playing on 360 so I'm not sure it's possible to change the emblems and shirts, but the gameplay is so much better.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Pace is only a problem in Fifa if;

a) You don't know how to defend
b) You're playing Ultimate Team

Other than that it isn't anywhere as bad as a few years ago. Strength has a big part in the physics of the last two games, someone like Costa wasn't the quickest but was an animal because it was so difficult to push him off the ball. Or Pogba, not that quick but 90 strength & 4* skills makes him almost impossible to deal with.

Before 2015, lol, Emenike and Doumbia, that's all you needed.
It's not as bad as before but still pretty bad. I actually think chip through ball is the thing that's OP, accuracy needs to be reduced in fifa 16.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
It's not as bad as before but still pretty bad. I actually think chip through ball is the thing that's OP, accuracy needs to be reduced in fifa 16.
Yeah chip balls are always way too effective on FIFA. If you've got a striker with decent pace, and a midfield that isn't ****, chip balls all game will yield you 2 or 3 goals no problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom