• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 17

BobP

Memri Fan
I think EA call it "momentum" and it's definitely the worst thing about FIFA.

It happens so often in manager mode, that's why I don't bother playing against the CPU anymore. You can be crusing in a game, then the 80th minute comes and suddenly the other team starts pressing with so much intensity. Not only that but your players start taking ridiculously heavy touches and losing the ball so carelessly. And don't get me started on smaller players beating big centre backs in the air, seen the likes of Messi and Victor Moses tower over Sergio Ramos and score in injury time. Makes it feel like the game is conspiring to make you lose or at least make it interesting.

:lol:

Small players beating monstrous CBs in the air have resulted in many a broken controllers.

Just inconceivable.

I can handle the exceptional pressure from the CPU or opposition, that's whatever, what I can't handle is when the performance of my team turns to rubbish for no discernible reason at a certain stage in the game.

It got to a stage where I would just shut down, and refuse to play properly, as I would just pass the ball amongst my defense and GK.

If the game wants to **** with me, I can **** it right back.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that scripting is really a thing. Countless times you just feel that the CPU is going to score and there is nothing you can do about it.
Currently in the middle of a horrific losing streak but now I think about it, it's quite funny. The other day I had a player sent off for a 'last man' foul despite having 4 defenders between the attacker and my goal. I was also penalised for a perfectly clean tackle, my opponent went on to take a lame free kick which my keeper fumbled into the goal.

Like @BobP said I didn't really accept scripting/momentum until it benefited me. I was stoned out of my mind and for some reason decided to play Fifa, I was completely dominated but my opponent simple couldn't score for the life of him. He was missing 1v1's from the penalty spot and when that wasn't happening my goalkeeper was saving anything and everything.

The guy was winning 1-0 at halftime but in all honesty it should have been 5. I then went on to win every 50/50 and get every single lucky bounce I could, I wasn't surprised when I scored with every long shot I took regardless of who I took it with. The poor guy lost 3-1 and I actually felt sorry for him.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone like to see more personality in the refs and acting more like normal with the odd mistake etc.

Probably not worth the effort on EA's part anyway, given that the majority of their player base can't control themselves while playing.

LordBendtner

Currently in the middle of a horrific losing streak but now I think about it, it's quite funny. The other day I had a player sent off for a 'last man' foul despite having 4 defenders between the attacker and my goal. I was also penalised for a perfectly clean tackle, my opponent went on to take a lame free kick which my keeper fumbled into the goal.

Like @BobP said I didn't really accept scripting/momentum until it benefited me. I was stoned out of my mind and for some reason decided to play Fifa, I was completely dominated but my opponent simple couldn't score for the life of him. He was missing 1v1's from the penalty spot and when that wasn't happening my goalkeeper was saving anything and everything.

The guy was winning 1-0 at halftime but in all honesty it should have been 5. I then went on to win every 50/50 and get every single lucky back in the game, I wasn't surprised when I scored with every long shot I took regardless of who I took it with. The poor guy lost 3-1 and I actually felt sorry for him.
When you start to feel sorry for you winning a game of Fifa you know the scripting is bad. A shame it has to be in the game, but will probably still play the game until i die.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Anyone like to see more personality in the refs and acting more like normal with the odd mistake etc.

Probably not worth the effort on EA's part anyway, given that the majority of their player base can't control themselves while playing.
There's plenty of mistakes in fifa anyway, they might as well just blame them on the ref.:lol:

thierrytheking14

Thinking this could be the year where I finally make the switch over to PES. I like what I'm seeing so far

Might wait till both are released n see which one fairs better

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I cannot help but buy all the FIFA's...even when I know they can or will be garbage lol. I just enjoy having them all and one day I can pass it on to my kids and show them how far gaming has come.

thierrytheking14

Yea I'm exactly the same. Last year PES was getting raved about yet I still bought fifa. It took about 3 or 4 patches from EA Sports before the game was 'right' though.

I think I'm gonna look at both this year n check out reviews n stuff first

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
PES just isn't enjoyable long term without licenses. It was acceptable back in it's hay day because you knew you were at least guaranteed a decent game but now its too much of a risk.

I don't understand how people can play this and COD for months on end, must missing out on so many better games.

E

Enoch

PES just isn't enjoyable long term without licenses. It was acceptable back in it's hay day because you knew you were at least guaranteed a decent game but now its too much of a risk.

I don't understand how people can play this and COD for months on end, must missing out on so many better games.

It took me literally an hour to download the badges and kits and put them in PES on my PS4, looked as authentic as ever, but i understand if you couldn't be arsed with doing that. Blame EA Sports who likes to take away all the licenses, so they can have a monopoly and steal your money by continuing to publish a stagnate game every year.

People knowing the game is s**t and still buying it is the exact reason why this s**t company continues it's ways. Some things will never change.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
It took me literally an hour to download the badges and kits and put them in PES on my PS4, looked as authentic as ever, but i understand if you couldn't be arsed with doing that. Blame EA Sports who likes to take away all the licenses, so they can have a monopoly and steal your money by continuing to publish a stagnate game every year.

People knowing the game is s**t and still buying it is the exact reason why this s**t company continues it's ways. Some things will never change.

You can download that stuff for PES? I honestly played PES once when I was a kid and hardly remember it other then the fact that the player names are messed and there is no commentary :s I want it to be as authentic as possible hence FIFA, I like my games to be completely up to date.

E

Enoch

You can download that stuff for PES? I honestly played PES once when I was a kid and hardly remember it other then the fact that the player names are messed and there is no commentary :s I want it to be as authentic as possible hence FIFA, I like my games to be completely up to date.

Yeah mate, you can download all the kits and badges, you have to put them in place though but that for me didn't take long because I knew what team was what, and plus the names of the players are there. England and majority of German teams you have to do, they have a couple of teams already in game like bayern, United and another teams forgot who, the rest of the leagues are in game, you have to rename a league to Bundesliga and get that logo but that takes two minutes.

BobP

Memri Fan
I played FIFA 16 for the first time today.

An exceptionally mediocre game.

One thing I noticed was the fluidity of passing and snappy combination play.

Nevertheless, it's a bland game.

Was over it after about an hour and a little.

The tactic/formation builder is an absolute ***** to deal with.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Did any of you guys get invited to play the beta?

Aevi

Hale End FC
Arsenal's 3 released ratings:

CrC5zuOXYAAB7Gl.jpg

CrHuUsxWYAAW4Xz.jpg

CrNF9VOWYAEUINq.jpg

Latest posts+

Top Bottom