• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fifa 18

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

As I'm a nerd I always enjoy making these threads. Fifa 18 trailer dropped not to long ago:

Game will probably feel a lot different, I think it does every year although people disagree, just wish they'd sort out career mode.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Honestly finding it hard to get excited about, I image it's going to be the same stuff as usual.

One thing I am excited for and hope it's good, is the supposed new atmosphere, nothing worse than scoring in the 90th minute and feeling like you've scored in a friendly, hope the celebrations have changed as well, I think they're awful.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
has pitch conditions been implemented? or does the ball still roll like on a billard table?

Godwin1

Very well-known
One thing I am excited for and hope it's good, is the supposed new atmosphere, nothing worse than scoring in the 90th minute and feeling like you've scored in a friendly, hope the celebrations have changed as well, I think they're awful.
Yes there can certainly be many minor upgrades but the main issue for is the base game needs some tweaks going a few fifa's back. I only really play online head to head and the game play gets so boring and representative the closer to the top you get.

I've seen some of the tournaments on youtube and the top players play the most boring gamey football imaginable.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Already pre-ordered the R9 icon edition. Can't wait.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Yes there can certainly be many minor upgrades but the main issue for is the base game needs some tweaks going a few fifa's back. I only really play online head to head and the game play gets so boring and representative the closer to the top you get.

I've seen some of the tournaments on youtube and the top players play the most boring gamey football imaginable.

I think a lot of the flaws in FIFA are almost unfixable due to the nature of football itself. It's a 90 minute game with a lot of "boring" (in video game terms) fiddling about with the ball in midfield etc. It just doesn't translate to two 6 minute halves. It's either gamey football or every game ending 0-0.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I think a lot of the flaws in FIFA are almost unfixable due to the nature of football itself. It's a 90 minute game with a lot of "boring" (in video game terms) fiddling about with the ball in midfield etc. It just doesn't translate to two 6 minute halves. It's either gamey football or every game ending 0-0.
Yeah I agree there is a limit as to what they can do but I still feel with some changes it can make playing more realistic football more rewarding.

thierrytheking14

Anyone have any hope of any strides in career mode? I know it's all about the FUT cash cow now like but still kinda hoping for improvement's in CM.

Were some minor improvements from 16 to 17 but nowhere near enough.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Anyone have any hope of any strides in career mode? I know it's all about the FUT cash cow now like but still kinda hoping for improvement's in CM.

Were some minor improvements from 16 to 17 but nowhere near enough.

It's all I hope for year on year, I love career mode a lot and normally put at lot of time into it bar this year because of how bad it was.

My improvements would be-

1: Teams need to stop stock piling players, at one point united had, Ibra, Rashford, Griezmann, Kane, Lukaku all for one spot, was so stupid and happens at lots of clubs.

2: Why don't the best players play? I noticed a lot of the time, especially when I played as a different team than Arsenal, when I came to play them it was never the best team, Ospina in net, no Özil, Elneny in midfield instead of Ramsey, it was awful, happens alot with other teams to.

3: Stats. I want stats to carry over the years, I wanna know how many goals a player has scored since I bought them, also I want to be able to view top scorers from every league.

4: Atmosphere, this ties into gameplay and I think they're improving it, the crowds are ****, never actually feel engulfed in the moment, like the stadium shouldn't be full when I'm playing Boreham wood. When I play City I don't want such obvious areas where its literally a red section and a blue section in the crowd, looks stupid.

5: Again gameplay, change the celebrations, let me see that the players look like they're actually happy to score a winner in the 90th, give the camera a small shake and increase the crowds volume.

6: Transfers need a re do, not sure how but they're very basic, I don't want FM style but I wan't them to have more parts.

7: Training is ****, cba ever doing it really, let me just set it to what I want and sim each week.

8: Open potential, now I love the potential system they have and they should keep it, but I wish there was a system where for example lets say Welbeck who's rated like 79, if he's scoring week in week out and really inform, lets raise his rating to like an 85 until he has a very bad run of games or something, we see it all the time in football, ie, Torres, Falcao Vardy and people.

9: Pre season, I don't play it really but when I'm supposed to be on pre season in Asia and i play in a stadium called Town Park, get ****ed.

10. International Manger, either get rid or improve it drastically, its rubbish.

11. Would be hard, but wouldn't mind seeing managers retire, swap clubs etc.

Anyway its a long list, but I grew up playing career mode and fifa, it is such a great game but it has been the same for years. Most of these changes are simple and would improve it loads. There's probably way more I'd add as well.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's all I hope for year on year, I love career mode a lot and normally put at lot of time into it bar this year because of how bad it was.

1: Teams need to stop stock piling players, at one point united had, Ibra, Rashford, Griezmann, Kane, Lukaku all for one spot, was so stupid and happens at lots of clubs.

2: Why don't the best players play? I noticed a lot of the time, especially when I played as a different team than Arsenal, when I came to play them it was never the best team, Ospina in net, no Özil, Elneny in midfield instead of Ramsey, it was awful, happens alot with other teams to.

3: Stats. I want stats to carry over the years, I wanna know how many goals a player has scored since I bought them, also I want to be able to view top scorers from every league.

4: Atmosphere, this ties into gameplay and I think they're improving it, the crowds are ****, never actually feel engulfed in the moment, like the stadium shouldn't be full when I'm playing Boreham wood. When I play City I don't want such obvious areas where its literally a red section and a blue section in the crowd, looks stupid.

5: Again gameplay, change the celebrations, let me see that the players look like they're actually happy to score a winner in the 90th, give the camera a small shake and increase the crowds volume.

6: Transfers need a re do, not sure how but they're very basic, I don't want FM style but I wan't them to have more parts.

7: Training is ****, cba ever doing it really, let me just set it to what I want and sim each week.

8: Open potential, now I love the potential system they have and they should keep it, but I wish there was a system where for example lets say Welbeck who's rated like 79, if he's scoring week in week out and really inform, lets raise his rating to like an 85 until he has a very bad run of games or something, we see it all the time in football, ie, Torres, Falcao Vardy and people.

9: Pre season, I don't play it really but when I'm supposed to be on pre season in Asia and i play in a stadium called Town Park, get ****ed.

10. International Manger, either get rid or improve it drastically, its rubbish.

Anyway its a long list, but I grew up playing career mode and fifa, it is such a great game but it has been the same for years. Most of these changes are simple and would improve it loads. There's probably way more I'd add as well.
awesome points. maybe in ten years...

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli

Couldn't agree more! I buy FIFA for career mode as I just love making my own team but there is A LOT that needs to be improved. I wish FIFA would have a suggestions thing and do like a Q&A and explain why they can or cannot do certain things. Put the effort into the game please!

Also, Id love to do career as an actual manager rather then create a manager; let me be Arsène or Klopp!

thierrytheking14

What a post man, I applaud you! Literal found myself agreeing wholeheartedly with every single point. Stats, transfers and training especially!

As you say, some of these changes are NOT hard to implement. It's a f**king travesty that year on year they ignore it in favour of tweeking their prized asset of ultimate team. I tried FUT a couple years ago and it's absolute sh**e. As you say, I don't want an FM level of detail in career mode, but sort it out ffs. Just make it semi realistic and enjoyable.

I had a youth player quite recently in my Dortmund career 4 years in. Stefan Gerhardt. Was a physically strong striker, 5 star moves and 5 rated week foot. Grew to 83 rated by the time he was 19 and potential was 90-94. All round stats made him a beast (quick, strong and skillful) and had a stellar season. Think it was like 34 goals in all comps. I loved that I had unearthed this gem. Brought him through and played/trained him so carefully. I'd made my very own Lewandowski.

This is why I play Fifa.

Not so I can spend 72000 'coins' on Aubameyang to have him in my 'dream team' called BIGBOYZFC wearing Acrington Stanley's kit playing at the San Siro. I play it because I want to experience the trials being a good club manager whilst playing a good game of football into the bargain.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

What a post man, I applaud you! Literal found myself agreeing wholeheartedly with every single point. Stats, transfers and training especially!

As you say, some of these changes are NOT hard to implement. It's a f**king travesty that year on year they ignore it in favour of tweeking their prized asset of ultimate team. I tried FUT a couple years ago and it's absolute sh**e. As you say, I don't want an FM level of detail in career mode, but sort it out ffs. Just make it semi realistic and enjoyable.

I had a youth player quite recently in my Dortmund career 4 years in. Stefan Gerhardt. Was a physically strong striker, 5 star moves and 5 rated week foot. Grew to 83 rated by the time he was 19 and potential was 90-94. All round stats made him a beast (quick, strong and skillful) and had a stellar season. Think it was like 34 goals in all comps. I loved that I had unearthed this gem. Brought him through and played/trained him so carefully. I'd made my very own Lewandowski.

This is why I play Fifa.

Not so I can spend 72000 'coins' on Aubameyang to have him in my 'dream team' called BIGBOYZFC wearing Acrington Stanley's kit playing at the San Siro. I play it because I want to experience the trials being a good club manager whilst playing a good game of football into the bargain.

The problem I have as well is the fact FUT is **** too, I tried to not put any money into it this so obviously started with a bronze team and I thought well it'll be good playing against people with similar team levels, played two games against bronze opponents and then next minute I'm coming up against ****ing gold teams, was so pointless. Literally have to put money in if you want a good team.

Ooooo I love that about career mode on Fifa tbf, even if you don't scout them yourselfs you can still find gems. I was looking into free agents and found a 17 year old, 6'5, German keeper, and he became worth over 40 million at the age of 20. Was so fun to see him grow. However due to the repetition of career mode, I sadly didn't see how good he could get.

thierrytheking14

The problem I have as well is the fact FUT is **** too, I tried to not put any money into it this so obviously started with a bronze team and I thought well it'll be good playing against people with similar team levels, played two games against bronze opponents and then next minute I'm coming up against ****ing gold teams, was so pointless. Literally have to put money in if you want a good team.

Ooooo I love that about career mode on Fifa tbf, even if you don't scout them yourselfs you can still find gems. I was looking into free agents and found a 17 year old, 6'5, German keeper, and he became worth over 40 million at the age of 20. Was so fun to see him grow. However due to the repetition of career mode, I sadly didn't see how good he could get.

Another point well raised. The repetition of career mode is such a slog. The longest I've ever done was that Dortmund save - 5 seasons. It just gets so samey and boring that after a few years at a club it loses its appeal. I find myself thinking of something different like going down the leagues or to a more obscure country just to mix it up and get me interested and I start over.

It just becomes a repetition of play match, sim training, sim to next match, play match, training etc etc.

The press interview's are a joke too. Can't remember the last time I bothered with it.

Just give it more substance and sort out the fundamental errors for th love of God too EA.

I got so fed up last year that I bought PES 17 too in the hope that getting a good option file and playing Master League would fill the void. I just couldn't get into PES at all and came back to Fifa.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Another point well raised. The repetition of career mode is such a slog. The longest I've ever done was that Dortmund save - 5 seasons. It just gets so samey and boring that after a few years at a club it loses its appeal. I find myself thinking of something different like going down the leagues or to a more obscure country just to mix it up and get me interested and I start over.

It just becomes a repetition of play match, sim training, sim to next match, play match, training etc etc.

The press interview's are a joke too. Can't remember the last time I bothered with it.

Just give it more substance and sort out the fundamental errors for th love of God too EA.

I got so fed up last year that I bought PES 17 too in the hope that getting a good option file and playing Master League would fill the void. I just couldn't get into PES at all and came back to Fifa.

Yeah I get what you mean, I've tried doing a career mode with a small team and getting them to the Prem, it's kind of fun but gets boring quite quickly.

Wish they'd re-do be a pro career mode too, that could of easily been a master piece but they replaced with the Journey which is absolutely terrible. I remember when I used to play Madden, they're depth was great for be a pro career mode, wish it was the same for Fifa.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Yeah I get what you mean, I've tried doing a career mode with a small team and getting them to the Prem, it's kind of fun but gets boring quite quickly.

Wish they'd re-do be a pro career mode too, that could of easily been a master piece but they replaced with the Journey which is absolutely terrible. I remember when I used to play Madden, they're depth was great for be a pro career mode, wish it was the same for Fifa.

Football just doesn't lend itself well to the "control one player" type of gameplay. So much of being a good footballer is positioning yourself correctly, and making the most of the relatively few touches you get.

A striker typically gets 30 touches or so per game across 90(!) minutes. FIFA halves are 6 minutes, so for it to be realistic, you'd get around 4-6 touches per game :lol: Not exactly entertaining gameplay.

If you want to play a career mode kind of thing, you should try out NBA 2k17. Basketball, being 5vs5, lends itself well to that kind of gameplay and you're constantly doing meaningful things on the court gameplay wise.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Football just doesn't lend itself well to the "control one player" type of gameplay. So much of being a good footballer is positioning yourself correctly, and making the most of the relatively few touches you get.

A striker typically gets 30 touches or so per game across 90(!) minutes. FIFA halves are 6 minutes, so for it to be realistic, you'd get around 4-6 touches per game :lol: Not exactly entertaining gameplay.

If you want to play a career mode kind of thing, you should try out NBA 2k17. Basketball, being 5vs5, lends itself well to that kind of gameplay and you're constantly doing meaningful things on the court gameplay wise.

Hmmm I don't think thats all true, like I can still really get behind the pro career mode with more improvements, I think the gameplay is actually fine, just a few tweaks. Plus a fifa game is a lot faster than real football. Its the story mode I want!

I have played a little bit of 2k17, it's brilliant however I did get bored quickly :/

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Hmmm I don't think thats all true, like I can still really get behind the pro career mode with more improvements, I think the gameplay is actually fine, just a few tweaks. Plus a fifa game is a lot faster than real football. Its the story mode I want!

I have played a little bit of 2k17, it's brilliant however I did get bored quickly :/

Sjm9ixs.jpg

Can't say I got bored quickly tbh :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom