• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 2008

qs

Established Member
stuart said:
So is anyone gonna be playing this on the old ps2 like me?? It seems to be all xbox360 and ps3's these days! Let me know what it's like if you do ;)

I might get the PS2 version. Was thinking of getting the Wii version either.

Theres rumours the PS3 is about to drop in price though so I may wait/.

stuart

Established Member
qs said:
stuart said:
So is anyone gonna be playing this on the old ps2 like me?? It seems to be all xbox360 and ps3's these days! Let me know what it's like if you do ;)

I might get the PS2 version. Was thinking of getting the Wii version either.

Theres rumours the PS3 is about to drop in price though so I may wait/.

I heard the other day it's gonna drop too....i cant actually remember how much was coming of it though....

stuart

Established Member
I was told today that you have to give it a chance, after playing a right number of games you begin to appreciate how good it is. Apparently the more you play the faster the pace seems to be!

So, give it a chance!

nazo

Established Member
Meh, i hate the through balls. Manual or not, they suck either way. And the fluidity and pace of the game pisses me off. I can't counter attack properly because one my players decides to stop/go the other way when i pass. Btw, is there a way to ask a player to run off the ball or something? Oh and goalkeepers make the most unbelievable saves ever, thats annoying too. (PC version)

entropy13

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Meh, i hate the through balls. Manual or not, they suck either way. And the fluidity and pace of the game pisses me off. I can't counter attack properly because one my players decides to stop/go the other way when i pass. Btw, is there a way to ask a player to run off the ball or something? Oh and goalkeepers make the most unbelievable saves ever, thats annoying too. (PC version)

You can check out this site:
http://www.sweetpatch.tv/

It's custom content. I made my FIFA 07 in the PC better, more realistic, have more clubs and players by getting the CEP for FIFA 07. There seems to be downloads for FIFA 08 already...

gunnerGH

Established Member
Just got the game now, in my first season with Arsenal my aims are:

Qualify for ECC
Win League Cup
Get a better goalkeeping coach
Buy a left-back

Whats wrong with Clichy?

How are West ham and Aston villa as good as arsenal on this?

illmatik

Established Member
That's weird I just got it and Newcastle and the **** are just as good as Arsenal (4 1/2 stars). In reality, we know that's way off

nazo

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
Just got the game now, in my first season with Arsenal my aims are:

Qualify for ECC
Win League Cup
Get a better goalkeeping coach
Buy a left-back

Whats wrong with Clichy?

How are West ham and Aston villa as good as arsenal on this?

Same with me, that's stupid. Screw buying a new left back, Clichy is good enough for me. We got Traore coming through too so meh.

JML

Sounds like you just suck at the game. Just because you can't blast a 30-yard screamer into the top corner with 3 defenders hanging off of you with Gilberto anymore doesn't mean the shooting's ****.

If anything the shooting's more realistic.

illmatik

Established Member
JML said:
Sounds like you just suck at the game. Just because you can't blast a 30-yard screamer into the top corner with 3 defenders hanging off of you with Gilberto anymore doesn't mean the shooting's s**t.

If anything the shooting's more realistic.

That makes no sense, how does he suck if the shooting has gotten more realistic and harder

Anyway after playing a couple of games, this game is sick

gunnerGH

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
gunnerGH said:
make that 5 matches. Why is the shooting so s**t and why are the goalies so good?

pffft

Just out of interest, what level are you playing on?

I dont know.

It doesnt matter now anyway ive found a way of scoring. Simply work your way upfield and pass it to your striker who has his back to goal, immediately turn left or right and the n turn towards the goal to sidestep the defender. Haha!

This game maybe more realistic, but it aint as fun as Pro and never will be, there are so many things on this game that I hate that pro has.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
GoonerGurjit said:
gunnerGH said:
make that 5 matches. Why is the shooting so s**t and why are the goalies so good?

pffft

Just out of interest, what level are you playing on?

This game maybe more realistic, but it aint as fun as Pro and never will be, there are so many things on this game that I hate that pro has.

Nail.on.head.

qs

Established Member
I bought this yesterday along with a PS3.

Its a bit slow to start off but I'm getting into it now and its quality. I love the pro mode.

Who esle has a PS3? We should get 10 lads off here, put a team together and challenge other teams message boards.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom