• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 2008

gunnerGH

Established Member
Anyone playing Manager mode on this, I need a some help?

When a player reaches 100% on his XP bar at the end of games what happens because RVP went to 100% yet he is still skill 85!!!

RC8

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
This game maybe more realistic, but it aint as fun as Pro and never will be, there are so many things on this game that I hate that pro has.

:lol: At this time 3 years ago people were saying they liked Pro Evo better than FIFA because you could score too easily in FIFA, and Pro Evo was more realistic.

Now that FIFA has finally won in every single department, it turns out now the Pro Evo lovers play Pro Evo because it's more fun :lol:

Sorry, last year I had both Pro Evo and FIFA, but I really get the impression most Pro Evo lovers are just blindly following them now. This year, FIFA is so much more complete it's a joke.

And Konami are obviously getting desperate as they implement things like the diving button...

gunnerGH

Established Member
@RC8

You are a Fifa lover

Myself usually Pro Evo but, going by the demo, Fifa have made the better changes this time around.

For gameplay, Pro will always be better

True Gooner

Established Member
Ok - Ive had my first game on FIFA 08 and Im really unhappy with them messing about with the gameplay.
When Im in on goal I have to leave the arrow keys and then press the shoot button. Otherwise the player just continues running. Infact this happens for everything, including a simple pass. If Im sprinting I cant pass...wtf?
Meh.
And the switch player key has been moved to Q.
Of course I had similar problems when I played 07 but I love that game now :D
But Im very dis-oriented..:?
Is there anyone who can explain the manual through ball and cross? And how do you give a lofted through ball? It used to be Q+E in 07 If I remember right..
Verdict - 7/10 although I think Ill enjoy it as time passes

gunnerGH

Established Member
Through balls are ****ing solid. For some reason I can only play them in 8 directions. Left, Right, For, Back, ForRight, ForLeft, BackLeft, and Bacn right. Therefore some throughballs cannot be played

gunnerGH

Established Member
PC Version with a PS contoller tho

One good thing i just noticed. Was 3-0 up against Man Utd (The only team I have won against 3-0) and every pass was getting greeted with a "OLE" from the crowd!

haha, top stuff

True Gooner

Established Member
Oh then I suppose you wouldnt know about the lofted through ball..on the keyboard

As for the Ole..it was a part of 07 aswell..lead at home by 3 or more goals and the crowd cries Ole to every successful pass..
Its class :D

RC8

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
@RC8

You are a Fifa lover

Myself usually Pro Evo but, going by the demo, Fifa have made the better changes this time around.

Not really. I never had any problem recognising Pro Evo was the more realistic game in 04, 05, etc. But now that FIFA has overtaken Pro Evo, it's funny to see the same people who were rebelling against EA, saying that Pro Evo might not be more realistic, but it is more fun! It's hilarious!

Personally I'm very impressed with the new FIFA. I didn't particularly like the demo, but the actual game is brilliant. You can only break down a defence quickly and with pace if you have worked them properly first, or if you are in a counter attack. For instance, I just intercepted a corner, and with 2 passes and 2 strong runs, I was scoring at the opposite end. This wouldn't have been possible if it hadn't been a counter attack.

Anyway, do you know how can you unlock Highbury? I heard you can do it but I have no idea how to.

gunnerGH

Established Member
No don't have a clue mate, probably by completing a set of the challenges FIFA has set within the game!

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Pro will always be better. For me its the freedom you have with the players. You can pretty do anything you want on the pitch.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
RC8 said:
gunnerGH said:
@RC8

You are a Fifa lover

Not really. I never had any problem recognising Pro Evo was the more realistic game in 04, 05, etc. But now that FIFA has overtaken Pro Evo, it's funny to see the same people who were rebelling against EA, saying that Pro Evo might not be more realistic, but it is more fun! It's hilarious!

Personally I'm very impressed with the new FIFA. I didn't particularly like the demo, but the actual game is brilliant. You can only break down a defence quickly and with pace if you have worked them properly first, or if you are in a counter attack. For instance, I just intercepted a corner, and with 2 passes and 2 strong runs, I was scoring at the opposite end. This wouldn't have been possible if it hadn't been a counter attack.

Anyway, do you know how can you unlock Highbury? I heard you can do it but I have no idea how to.

Pro was an arcade like game in 04 its getting more realistic each year imo.

nazo

Established Member
I actually like the new pes. I've played the demo a lot lately and i enjoyed every moment of it. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the full game.

RC8

Established Member
true gooner said:
I suppose there is no lofted through ball?
Im confused and I dont have the manual..

There is. I'm on a 360, but you have to pull the left trigger and press "Y" (through ball button). The thing is that, unlike in previous FIFAs, you need to do it simultaneously and release the controls sooner than in previous editions for it to work.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Im playing be a pro at the moment.

Im a bit confused. Do I still have to select the team? Who does subs?

Also I crossed for one of the goals in the 2-2 draw in my first match and I didnt fulfil my game aim which was to "Provide a great cross" !!!

One last thing.....why cant I see the league standings off the main menu in this mode...!!!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I've sold my PES6, and I'm playing Fifa '07 while waiting for PES7 to come out. i can't believe how crap the goalkeepers are. All the goals I concede are their fault!

Top Bottom