• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 23

ThePortugueseGunner

I owned every FIFA from 11 to 20, and decided that it was not healthy for me to play it on a regular basis anymore.

The extreme focus on the Ultimate Team mode led the game to become as addicting (in a bad way) as a videogame can get. It promotes gambling and it makes you spend hours and hours of trying to complete futile objectives in order to get cards that will get outdated in a couple of weeks. I knew it was time to stop when I started noticing that it looked like work more than a hobby.

Haven't missed it a bit.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
I owned every FIFA from 11 to 20, and decided that it was not healthy for me to play it on a regular basis anymore.

The extreme focus on the Ultimate Team mode led the game to become as addicting (in a bad way) as a videogame can get. It promotes gambling and it makes you spend hours and hours of trying to complete futile objectives in order to get cards that will get outdated in a couple of weeks. I knew it was time to stop when I started noticing that it looked like work more than a hobby.

Haven't missed it a bit.
Hardly ever played UT. Just for those reasons you mentioned. It's boring mode

I play online and recently got into Volta which I find fun.

I'm always going to play FIFA, especially now since I play less single player story mode games these days as I mainly play sports games now.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Still play Fifa but have big doubts 22 'next gen' is going to be much of an improvement, the engine remains the same and unfortunately in my opinion one of the biggest problems with the game is the community that plays it.

Got a close eye on PES 22 this year but PES also has its own problems.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I finally retired from FIFA a few months ago. I hope I don't get sucked in by the beta again. It's been nice not playing any Weekend League.

mirrorstare

Seems they added things to career mode but just to create your own club ffs.

Even going back to how it used to be in FIFA 05 would be an improvement

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Are you guys still play this? EA are just stealing people at this rate same game with updated roster

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Are you guys still play this? EA are just stealing people at this rate same game with updated roster

Its not the same game though, people always say this when there is clear differences, but yeah nothing drastic is going to change as they cant exactly add new guns/maps etc.

There is only so much they can do.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Its not the same game though, people always say this when there is clear differences, but yeah nothing drastic is going to change as they cant exactly add new guns/maps etc.

There is only so much they can do.
I was hoping they did bit better movement and defending positioning i always hate that when i was playing and i agree sport games you can't change much

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I was hoping they did bit better movement and defending positioning i always hate that when i was playing and i agree sport games you can't change much

Apparently they have improved the defensive positioning/AI, I've got a next gen console which they've made a lot of improvements for but as always never know til it comes out.

Personally, its £50 for a football game; I'll get good usage out of it for the price so its not much of a worry for me.

Batman

Apparently they have improved the defensive positioning/AI, I've got a next gen console which they've made a lot of improvements for but as always never know til it comes out.

Personally, its £50 for a football game; I'll get good usage out of it for the price so its not much of a worry for me.
They say that every year and then you play the beta and the early release and think "Wow, they've finally done it." Then the first patch comes out and turns it into FIFA 18 with a roster update and you feel a fool for having been duped yet again. I don't expect this year to be any different even with the next gen consoles power and new engine.

D

Dial Square 1886

I put so much time into FUT the last three years (but not bought any fifa points for the last two thanks god) and not going to bother this season.

I mean like 80+ games a week, which at about 15 mins (plus extra time etc) per match is quite a lot.

Just a massive time and energy sink, plus can put you in a worse mood than watching Arsenal!!

Gameplay is so stale and there is such a narrow band of players you need to use to be properly competitive, plus the EA handholding and mystical happenings, coupled with dire servers and very toxic community.

No thanks.

(I will probably have changed my mind once the clocks/weather changes and I can't go out and ride my bike so much. ha, ha.)

Batman

I put so much time into FUT the last three years (but not bought any fifa points for the last two thanks god) and not going to bother this season.

I mean like 80+ games a week, which at about 15 mins (plus extra time etc) per match is quite a lot.

Just a massive time and energy sink, plus can put you in a worse mood than watching Arsenal!!

Gameplay is so stale and there is such a narrow band of players you need to use to be properly competitive, plus the EA handholding and mystical happenings, coupled with dire servers and very toxic community.

No thanks.

(I will probably have changed my mind once the clocks/weather changes and I can't go out and ride my bike so much. ha, ha.)
I've just tried the beta against my better judgment and I don't think you'll be missing much mate. For all the hype about this new engine and new animations it feels largely the same. By the beginning of October, whatever minute difference in feel there is between this and Fifa 21 will have been patched out and the only thing people will be doing is spamming whatever the new meta in FUT is whether it be low driven shots, near post shots or the like. It's a shame, they really don't seem to care. If they really wanted the game to feel like football and actually be different they'd take some of that boatload of money and poach some of the Konami devs.

D

Dial Square 1886

I've just tried the beta against my better judgment and I don't think you'll be missing much mate. For all the hype about this new engine and new animations it feels largely the same. By the beginning of October, whatever minute difference in feel there is between this and Fifa 21 will have been patched out and the only thing people will be doing is spamming whatever the new meta in FUT is whether it be low driven shots, near post shots or the like. It's a shame, they really don't seem to care. If they really wanted the game to feel like football and actually be different they'd take some of that boatload of money and poach some of the Konami devs.

Of course!!

It's just a massive cash cow now.

FUT started with good intentions, but then when they realised how much money they could make, it became stupid.

I mean you can still get a good team by just grinding and some good trading etc... but the whole game cycle is basically geared around promos to fuel pack sales and it become a bit depressing after a while.

If the game play was truly amazing, then I could overlook all that, but I have found it very dull in recent time. Drop back, park the bus and counter, everyone with fullbacks and cdms on stay back and then boot to Mbappe and co, do a couple of elasticos, step-overs, directional nutmeg/bridge etc rinse and repeat!!

Always interested to see what the new version offers, but as you say it get's patched so much so quickly to appease the little timmys, that you just get back to stalemate so quickly.

Ah well, such is life...

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

How can they stop the meta? The meta will always be abused and highlighted once its figured out and on YouTube.

Personally, I think the game itself isnt the issue; its the community that plays it.

The game outside of FUT with the right sliders or even regular seasons is fine, the problems come inside FUT where everyone slaps a pace card on all of the players and you got 22 players just bolting around the pitch all above 90 pace.

Then you add the same tactics copy and pasted of YouTube and you got a disaster.

For me not a lot of can be done by EA, the moment the game comes out people go out there way to find a way to break the games mechanics.

Anyway, I'm taking a different approach to Fifa/FUT this year, going with an Ajax past and present, not overly interested in 'competing' just want to have fun with it.

Batman

How can they stop the meta? The meta will always be abused and highlighted once its figured out and on YouTube.

Personally, I think the game itself isnt the issue; its the community that plays it.

The game outside of FUT with the right sliders or even regular seasons is fine, the problems come inside FUT where everyone slaps a pace card on all of the players and you got 22 players just bolting around the pitch all above 90 pace.

Then you add the same tactics copy and pasted of YouTube and you got a disaster.

For me not a lot of can be done by EA, the moment the game comes out people go out there way to find a way to break the games mechanics.

Anyway, I'm taking a different approach to Fifa/FUT this year, going with an Ajax past and present, not overly interested in 'competing' just want to have fun with it.
More game testing. Make it so there's more than one overpowered means of scoring goals. This is not some tiny indie company. This is one of the largest publishers in the world. A lot of the issues also come down to a lack of or a quality issue with the servers. They absolutely print money from people opening packs and yet every year the servers impede gameplay. EA do a lot wrong mate. I understand an obligation to the shareholders but patching the game beyond recognition each season so that what you end up playing isn't actually what you paid for on release is wrong. Refusing to invest in infrastructure while bleeding your community dry with loot boxes is wrong. Other much smaller publishers manage to not only balance their game but ensure that there aren't glaring issues with servers every single year.

Batman

Of course!!

It's just a massive cash cow now.

FUT started with good intentions, but then when they realised how much money they could make, it became stupid.

I mean you can still get a good team by just grinding and some good trading etc... but the whole game cycle is basically geared around promos to fuel pack sales and it become a bit depressing after a while.

If the game play was truly amazing, then I could overlook all that, but I have found it very dull in recent time. Drop back, park the bus and counter, everyone with fullbacks and cdms on stay back and then boot to Mbappe and co, do a couple of elasticos, step-overs, directional nutmeg/bridge etc rinse and repeat!!

Always interested to see what the new version offers, but as you say it get's patched so much so quickly to appease the little timmys, that you just get back to stalemate so quickly.

Ah well, such is life...
Yup, all about the money. Any time there's any sort of skill gap the little kiddies get upset and EA freaks about their mothers' credit cards going back in the purse. This beta really disappointed me because you would think a new engine would at least mean a difference in feel and its seems like the same game as the last 5 years. Even the difference from 20 to 21 felt greater than this.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
More game testing. Make it so there's more than one overpowered means of scoring goals. This is not some tiny indie company. This is one of the largest publishers in the world. A lot of the issues also come down to a lack of or a quality issue with the servers. They absolutely print money from people opening packs and yet every year the servers impede gameplay. EA do a lot wrong mate. I understand an obligation to the shareholders but patching the game beyond recognition each season so that what you end up playing isn't actually what you paid for on release is wrong. Refusing to invest in infrastructure while bleeding your community dry with loot boxes is wrong. Other much smaller publishers manage to not only balance their game but ensure that there aren't glaring issues with servers every single year.

Ok, will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Top Bottom