• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 23

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Im jealous of your Vini Jr, I need him for my team but really dont want to pay the coins :lol:
After a few matches I can report back that he would definitely be worth it. Absolutely electric for me. What's particularly nice is that he has very quick shooting feet. With Leao on the wing (who I also enjoy, btw) it sometimes took too long to cut in and shoot, but Vinicius always seems to be on time and his finesse shots always find the net. Multiple hattricks already.
Have you tried Kane? I know hes slow but his shooting and 5* wf are so good, he could replace Haaland for cheap but you would have to adapt your style to him, I've got him untradeable and he scores loads but you lose the running in behind plan.

At the moment I dont think there are many well rounded strikers, Haaland is probably the closest one who has a mix of everything.
My goal for years has been to play with Cruyff, but I don't have time (nor desire) to spend on trading so he's always been out of reach. Last year I packed Neymar IF, but he was untradeable. Year before I packed an icon, but he was 1 million. Selling Haaland would only net me 400k towards a 3 million striker.

Need insane luck this year to pull it off, which hasn't happened so far.

So I'm sticking with Haaland for now, even though the lumbering brute doesn't have the quick turns in the box.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Can‘t believe how cheap Messi is, just bought him and built a team around him playing false nine.
This is it in game: (Saliba is really good btw).

1665138669942.png

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Can‘t believe how cheap Messi is, just bought him and built a team around him playing false nine.
This is it in game: (Saliba is really good btw).

View attachment 9612
Interesting squad. I use Bernardo and Foden as well, they're both really great with amazing long shots.

Batman

Guys, who have you been using in goal this year? I've been cheaping out and just playing my untradeable Ramsdale and he's actually been very solid but for chemistry purposes I'm looking at Maignan to get my Theo Hernandez on full chem. Do any of the high rated keepers seem to be really worth it in this early stage?

Dutch D

Guys, who have you been using in goal this year? I've been cheaping out and just playing my untradeable Ramsdale and he's actually been very solid but for chemistry purposes I'm looking at Maignan to get my Theo Hernandez on full chem. Do any of the high rated keepers seem to be really worth it in this early stage?
Got Ter Stegen and Maignan untradeable from the Hybrid sbc's. I like Ter Stegen significantly more. Seems like Maignan has the propensity to do one of those fake dives that inexplicably let the ball through.

Batman

Got Ter Stegen and Maignan untradeable from the Hybrid sbc's. I like Ter Stegen significantly more. Seems like Maignan has the propensity to do one of those fake dives that inexplicably let the ball through.
Thanks, will steer clear of him then. That's definitely one of my pet peeves for a keeper.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

I was using Navas who was hit and miss, recently I switched to Neuer and the difference is night and day.

Screenshot_20221011-190259_Companion.jpg

Current squad plays 4231 in game, I binned the Real Madrid past and present, it sounds like a good idea on paper but just felt I was handicapping myself.

Batman

I was using Navas who was hit and miss, recently I switched to Neuer and the difference is night and day.

View attachment 9705

Current squad plays 4231 in game, I binned the Real Madrid past and present, it sounds like a good idea on paper but just felt I was handicapping myself.
I'm using Alisson to get Virgil on full chem. He's been pretty good. I also play 4231 in game.
Benzema
Koman Bernardo Foden
Renato Tchouameni
Theo Virgil Carvalho IF Dalot
Alisson

Then I've got Kuyt and Danjuma as my super subs. Sitting on 2 million coins at present. I packed that Lemar from my SB rewards on Sunday and I really liked him but didn't need him with Renato in the club.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'm using Alisson to get Virgil on full chem. He's been pretty good. I also play 4231 in game.
Benzema
Koman Bernardo Foden
Renato Tchouameni
Theo Virgil Carvalho IF Dalot
Alisson

Then I've got Kuyt and Danjuma as my super subs. Sitting on 2 million coins at present. I packed that Lemar from my SB rewards on Sunday and I really liked him but didn't need him with Renato in the club.

Nice, 2milli you've definitely been busy, I got 100k coins and all the rest tied up in investments, no idea what the total is anymore, I just keep reinvesting constantly.

Danjuma is a boss, same with Lemar, Lemar is one of the best cards I've used so far.

Tchoumeni is also surprisingly beastly, I was going to upgrade him but he doesnt seem to do anything wrong, hes also pretty noticeable as a CDM in every game I play.

Was contemplating buying Lucio the other day, the stats look like hes an end game CB.

Batman

Nice, 2milli you've definitely been busy, I got 100k coins and all the rest tied up in investments, no idea what the total is anymore, I just keep reinvesting constantly.

Danjuma is a boss, same with Lemar, Lemar is one of the best cards I've used so far.

Tchoumeni is also surprisingly beastly, I was going to upgrade him but he doesnt seem to do anything wrong, hes also pretty noticeable as a CDM in every game I play.

Was contemplating buying Lucio the other day, the stats look like hes an end game CB.
Yeah I was lucky to be online during the tradeable hero pack fiasco so made a little over a million flipping heroes. I had already invested in discard informs so once those get to a number I like I'm hoping for another 4-500k. Yeah Tchouameni plays way above his stats and he always seems to be where he's supposed to be. It lets Renato get into the box more often. That Lucio does look insane, like Virgil but way faster. I wasn't able to snipe him during the hero crash but he's probably still worth it even at this price although when his WC version drops he'll probably drop a bit too.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah I was lucky to be online during the tradeable hero pack fiasco so made a little over a million flipping heroes. I had already invested in discard informs so once those get to a number I like I'm hoping for another 4-500k. Yeah Tchouameni plays way above his stats and he always seems to be where he's supposed to be. It lets Renato get into the box more often. That Lucio does look insane, like Virgil but way faster. I wasn't able to snipe him during the hero crash but he's probably still worth it even at this price although when his WC version drops he'll probably drop a bit too.

You lucky ****er, I completely missed the hero fiasco, was gutted after.

The only thing I did right was I sold Morientes during the day for 250k I think it was, was oblivious til after everything died down in the market.

Batman

You lucky ****er, I completely missed the hero fiasco, was gutted after.

The only thing I did right was I sold Morientes during the day for 250k I think it was, was oblivious til after everything died down in the market.
It's wild to me how EA just took it down and never acknowledged it. It's getting to be really gross and unfair though because people always miss out on these screw ups while others benefit greatly. Remember last year when they were giving out mid icons instead of untradeable base icons in one of the SBCs some lucky bastards were getting a mid Pele untradeable and then a tradeable base Pele as compensation? They're truly the worst company around. Today the Pre Season packs from FIFA 22 dropped and people were packing the gold version of cards like Lemar and EA said that affected players would be given a compensation pack rather than the actual special player that they should have packed. Just an awful company.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
It's wild to me how EA just took it down and never acknowledged it. It's getting to be really gross and unfair though because people always miss out on these screw ups while others benefit greatly. Remember last year when they were giving out mid icons instead of untradeable base icons in one of the SBCs some lucky bastards were getting a mid Pele untradeable and then a tradeable base Pele as compensation? They're truly the worst company around. Today the Pre Season packs from FIFA 22 dropped and people were packing the gold version of cards like Lemar and EA said that affected players would be given a compensation pack rather than the actual special player that they should have packed. Just an awful company.

I remember the Pele incident last year, people were pretty much getting gifted like 3million on a screw up.

The thing which I kind of disagree with though is people tend to get way to invested in the 'screw ups', me personally I'm happy you and others profited.

Does you having an extra million really affect me in anyway, no. There are soooo many people playing the game it doesnt even matter and if we were ever to play eachother you having a Pele for example wont change much, if you're going to beat me you're going to beat me and if you're not you're not, to much emphasis is made on cards and stats.

Like ask youself how many times you get slapped by what you perceive to be a ****ty standard gold team.

The player who has given me the most trouble is that POTM Marcus Rashford, I dont even want the damn card but people be slappin' me with him.

The real difference maker in my opinion is having the ability to keep your emotions in check whilst playing which most people including myself cannot do. I can do it every now and then when its like I'm just zoned in but out at the same time, like I can just play it as a game and not care but FIFA has a way of dragging people in emotionally and thats where losses come from most of the time, the amount of times I'm calling someone a prick in this game is unreal :lol:

Batman

I remember the Pele incident last year, people were pretty much getting gifted like 3million on a screw up.

The thing which I kind of disagree with though is people tend to get way to invested in the 'screw ups', me personally I'm happy you and others profited.

Does you having an extra million really affect me in anyway, no. There are soooo many people playing the game it doesnt even matter and if we were ever to play eachother you having a Pele for example wont change much, if you're going to beat me you're going to beat me and if you're not you're not, to much emphasis is made on cards and stats.

Like ask youself how many times you get slapped by what you perceive to be a ****ty standard gold team.

The player who has given me the most trouble is that POTM Marcus Rashford, I dont even want the damn card but people be slappin' me with him.

The real difference maker in my opinion is having the ability to keep your emotions in check whilst playing which most people including myself cannot do. I can do it every now and then when its like I'm just zoned in but out at the same time, like I can just play it as a game and not care but FIFA has a way of dragging people in emotionally and thats where losses come from most of the time, the amount of times I'm calling someone a prick in this game is unreal :lol:
I agree, I don't mind it from the perspective of others benefitting, I just think it's gross that EA are so incompetent and then I imagine someone who maybe isn't that good at the game, never gets to use the best players and probably missed out on a good chance while I just got super lucky and I feel sorry for them. I've only faced that Rashford a couple of times and I didn't think he was too special. He and Haaland have done nothing against my CBs. Virgil is probably the best he's been in years in this FIFA. The guy who is giving me nightmares at present is CR7. Anyone who knows how to use him is causing me some problems. I agree though, if you can calm down and just let muscle memory take over you will do a lot better. I often beat myself if the skill levels are close rather than the other player really dominating me.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I agree, I don't mind it from the perspective of others benefitting, I just think it's gross that EA are so incompetent and then I imagine someone who maybe isn't that good at the game, never gets to use the best players and probably missed out on a good chance while I just got super lucky and I feel sorry for them. I've only faced that Rashford a couple of times and I didn't think he was too special. He and Haaland have done nothing against my CBs. Virgil is probably the best he's been in years in this FIFA. The guy who is giving me nightmares at present is CR7. Anyone who knows how to use him is causing me some problems. I agree though, if you can calm down and just let muscle memory take over you will do a lot better. I often beat myself if the skill levels are close rather than the other player really dominating me.

Saying all that, did you play the Weekend League just gone?

Now I'm not one to usually moan on my losses but god damn there was some bullshit going down, I'll tell you where I agree EA are gross and its there blatant manipulation on things like 'dramatic moments', its like games can not go into extra time without minutes 82-FT being absolute chaos, you could say you're level it can go either way but I'm talking repeatedly getting done or winning by moments where a defender is 100% moved or made uncontrollable for the 'dramatic moment' to take place.

Annnnd if you dont score your dramatic moment 100% your opponent will fly up the other end and claim theres.

Luckily I can usually laugh these things off as its what you sign up for when playing an EA game but there was definitely times I was left questioning why I wasted time playing a game for it to be ruined and manipulated in the last few mins.

I was going to pick Virgil up actually but I dont want any other Liverpool players and like having 3 chem on all. Having a big CB in 23 is a must, they seem so wide in this version.

Dutch D

Trading is really boring to me, but I do need to be a bit smart about it if I want to save up 2.4m for Cruyff.

I just packed Busquets, for example. He's 85 and currently 8k. He's steadily rising. Given that I'm only on 200k at the moment, I'm in no rush to sell. Would you guys hold for a bit or sell? I have a bunch of 84's that I haven't listed either because they are only going for 2k and 83's that are only going for 1k. Wait for a better moment on those?

Edit: do you guys consider buying that RTTK untradeable pack?

Batman

Saying all that, did you play the Weekend League just gone?

Now I'm not one to usually moan on my losses but god damn there was some bullshit going down, I'll tell you where I agree EA are gross and its there blatant manipulation on things like 'dramatic moments', its like games can not go into extra time without minutes 82-FT being absolute chaos, you could say you're level it can go either way but I'm talking repeatedly getting done or winning by moments where a defender is 100% moved or made uncontrollable for the 'dramatic moment' to take place.

Annnnd if you dont score your dramatic moment 100% your opponent will fly up the other end and claim theres.

Luckily I can usually laugh these things off as its what you sign up for when playing an EA game but there was definitely times I was left questioning why I wasted time playing a game for it to be ruined and manipulated in the last few mins.

I was going to pick Virgil up actually but I dont want any other Liverpool players and like having 3 chem on all. Having a big CB in 23 is a must, they seem so wide in this version.
Yeah I played but I stop at 11 wins. Honestly I get wound up when I try to get to 17 or 18 because the scripted BS seems to start at higher ELOs. I've lost too many controllers to WL to really go all out anymore. :lol:
@Batman your slappin's are about to double my man..

View attachment 9707

Hes coming for you!
Yeah I checked Sherrif because it looked like some of the popular cards were crashing a bit and I immediately dropped my head. Thankfully he'll be so expensive that I won't see him very often. :lol:

Batman

Trading is really boring to me, but I do need to be a bit smart about it if I want to save up 2.4m for Cruyff.

I just packed Busquets, for example. He's 85 and currently 8k. He's steadily rising. Given that I'm only on 200k at the moment, I'm in no rush to sell. Would you guys hold for a bit or sell? I have a bunch of 84's that I haven't listed either because they are only going for 2k and 83's that are only going for 1k. Wait for a better moment on those?

Edit: do you guys consider buying that RTTK untradeable pack?
I think I would wait. Once more desirable SBCs come out they'll rise in price. I have the baby Cruyff on loan and he is an absolute demon, especially with how effective trivela shots are this year. The mid is considerably better so as long as gameplay doesn't drastically change, he will be worth every coin. I would definitely steer clear of that RTTK Untradeable pack unless you're using FIFA points to open it. Never, ever open packs like that with coins. The only packs you should open with coins are preview packs if the items in the pack are worth more than the 7.5K. Now if you do have preorder points left over, I still wouldn't really recommend it. There will be better packs on Black Friday that make more sense to spend points on.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I think I would wait. Once more desirable SBCs come out they'll rise in price. I have the baby Cruyff on loan and he is an absolute demon, especially with how effective trivela shots are this year. The mid is considerably better so as long as gameplay doesn't drastically change, he will be worth every coin. I would definitely steer clear of that RTTK Untradeable pack unless you're using FIFA points to open it. Never, ever open packs like that with coins. The only packs you should open with coins are preview packs if the items in the pack are worth more than the 7.5K. Now if you do have preorder points left over, I still wouldn't really recommend it. There will be better packs on Black Friday that make more sense to spend points on.

Echo this @Dutch D,

Im no master trader but I like to think I've somewhat sorted the long hold trading method, well good enough for me to survive the market and buy who I want within reason etc.

First things first, the reason to hold is SBC's, the SBC's theyve released so far have been nothing in comparison to what comes down the pipeline eventually.

We're basically talking icon SBC's or those like last years 90+ Varane etc, all the Rashford type SBC's hoover up the crumbs of the market, all the 83's, 84's, 85's etc and then when the big SBC's which everyone wants get released thats when people realise theyve dumped all there cards into SBC Rashford and go to the market to complete.

This is when you offload your bag, in my opinion its not too late to invest, but you need to be careful, if I remember correctly and going completely off of last years market only prices end up something like this..

84's - 2k --> 5k
85's - 4/5k --> 9/10k
86's - 7/9k --> 14/16k
87's - 14k --> 18/22k
88's - 18/22k --> 30k+
Etc etc..

What I've been doing is stocking up constantly, varying my selection, but I started ridiculously early in the process, I've got Kroos multiple times at 7k, Navas multiple times at 7k, I picked up 86's at 6k and sold them the other week all for 18k minimum so I could restock.

85's I got plenty, 84's plenty etc, just keep restocking, I've held everything apart from 86's as I wanted coin to reinvest in other cards.

The other cards are that 87 rated Gerard Moreno, he is 87rated at 20-22k, that card will become an 89 rated player in my opinion, 88 at a minimum so when SBC time comes he should have gone to either 30k or more.

The other good thing about this method is you can constantly ride the waves, every SBC which releases puts the prices up, every rewards day brings the prices down, invest in Thursday, Sunday or whenever prices dip then offload SBC day and repeat.

I done this method last year and had 6million by December, got bored though and transferred it all to a mate which got me banned from the market.

It helps if you have a pretty set squad though, thay way you can play and upgrade when needed whilst also investing heavily.

I was genuinely scared of losing coins doing this at first but it kept working and the fear I felt at dumping 200k into this method disappeared and I was dumping like 2million in at a time.

Hope that helps with trading, theres plenty other methods too, IF trading = buy 84 IF's at close to discard and wait, they always seem to go up.

The other one I know but dont use is buy some Eden Hazards for example and list them all at a ridiculous price, this is called the lazy bidder method, someone will eventually buy your card well over the value just from not checking the prices BUT this method is loooong and involves listing pretty much every hour.

Edit: my bad, just realised none of what I wrote is even what you asked and that you cant be bothered with trading :lol:, I'll leave it there anyway just incase someone finds it helpful.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom