• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 23

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I disagree, I reckon they could patch it back to 22 if they really wanted :lol:, they wont as they introduce slow gameplay at the start of every Fifa, its clearly the style of game they want and it would also help with keeping the game speed normal for longer with promos etc but they always bend to pressure.

They're going to have to stick to one eventually, they cant keep bending to idiots who cant deal with change.

I've played some people today who are the issue, they play the same way for 90mins andw8oo spam the same sh!t over and over instead of adapting.
Largely but if you look at the animations, they actually do seem to be new captures for most everything. I think enough has changed in terms of the actual build that they could butcher it but not make it a carbon copy of FIFA 19 like the last 4 games. Yeah the community has always been the biggest problem in terms of actual gameplay. Everyone thinks they're some pseudo pro and they fetishize the meta to where they don't even care about having fun so much as copying every "influencers" favored tactics and skill moves spammed.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Whats everyone been doing with there coins? I've literally been dumping every coin into 88's, I should probably buy a striker but I cant stop investing :lol:

Batman

Whats everyone been doing with there coins? I've literally been dumping every coin into 88's, I should probably buy a striker but I cant stop investing :lol:
Not spent anything yet. I'm waiting until after I get the 2 Jumbo Rare Player packs from the Goal and Assist milestones to see exactly where the team is. It's already good enough to win games but the big decision is whether to sell Salah or not. I'm probably going to wait until full release Friday to get a better idea of how the market is moving this year.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not spent anything yet. I'm waiting until after I get the 2 Jumbo Rare Player packs from the Goal and Assist milestones to see exactly where the team is. It's already good enough to win games but the big decision is whether to sell Salah or not. I'm probably going to wait until full release Friday to get a better idea of how the market is moving this year.

I'd sell him at somepoint between Friday and following Friday, all the 'meta' and desirable players 'should' continue to rise upto the first weekend league.

Prices have been going up and the game hasnt fully released yet, Friday will see packs opened but I imagine a lot of team building will start and continue to weekend league.

I think the market will follow last year, everything will be somewhat 'cheap' with huge overnight rises when big SBC's release then to drop and settle again.

Personally I think as tight as EA are on packweight they are quite loose on giving you actual packs out of rewards and SBC's etc.

Also as above like you said, a high percentage of the player base just use the meta cards, out of the thousands of cards there are a lot of people using the same 11, everything else is fodder.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'd sell him at somepoint between Friday and following Friday, all the 'meta' and desirable players 'should' continue to rise upto the first weekend league.

Prices have been going up and the game hasnt fully released yet, Friday will see packs opened but I imagine a lot of team building will start and continue to weekend league.

I think the market will follow last year, everything will be somewhat 'cheap' with huge overnight rises when big SBC's release then to drop and settle again.

Personally I think as tight as EA are on packweight they are quite loose on giving you actual packs out of rewards and SBC's etc.

Also as above like you said, a high percentage of the player base just use the meta cards, out of the thousands of cards there are a lot of people using the same 11, everything else is fodder.
Haaland has already risen to 180k. Can't play this weekend, but wondering if I should sell him for the first weekend league and buy again when lower in price. Difficult to decide. Kind of regret not having bought Frenkie yet. Definitely a player I want.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Haaland has already risen to 180k. Can't play this weekend, but wondering if I should sell him for the first weekend league and buy again when lower in price. Difficult to decide. Kind of regret not having bought Frenkie yet. Definitely a player I want.

All depends if you want to use him. Plus if you sell him are you going to reinvest the coins?

How it usually works is players rise up until first WL as everyone will be building teams, they should then drop when rewards are dished out from WL, dont think rivals rewards will change much as the hype for WL will take them up.

What I have noticed though is high end cards are drying up, I've been investing in 1 certain player for the long hold, yesterday I was hoovering them up on bids as there was loads constantly coming up with 30seconds left etc.

Today, you got to wait 20/40mins most of the time, no one is opening packs today is my guess but everyone is still heavy investing and team building.

Haaland I dont think will come back down for a while, his general hype is high plus this new gameplay seems favoured to him right now, I think hes probably going to settle at around 180-200k, cant see him going much further up, but thats just my guess.

Batman

Yeah. I'm not even a huge fan of Salah so I know I will sell him sooner than later. You're probably right. I think preview packs have a lot to do with it. Seems to be somewhere between the PS and XB market in terms of where prices will be for top end cards as well. One new place to get good tradeable packs is from moments. The challenges are extremely easy and quick and you can get some decent pulls to sell on after exchanging the moments stars. For just 4 stars, Ted Lasso can be your manager. 🤣

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I've figured out the dribbling :bye:

You've got to move the LS slow and have a clear plan of where you want to go, then the player (depending on dribbling rating) will take intricate little touches.

It takes time but when you get it its so good.

22 was instant turn with no plan until your opponent messes up, this just takes time to get to your planned destination.

Batman

I've figured out the dribbling :bye:

You've got to move the LS slow and have a clear plan of where you want to go, then the player (depending on dribbling rating) will take intricate little touches.

It takes time but when you get it its so good.

22 was instant turn with no plan until your opponent messes up, this just takes time to get to your planned destination.
Yeah it's going to be sad when they patch this game. It's really good so far. Dribbling actually takes some thought and timing rather than just spamming elasticos.

Batman

I love how useable the big and clunky strikers are so far this year. I'm having so much fun using 850 coin Isak. I can imagine how good Haaland and CR7 are. If these guys continue to be useable you can already see that like an in form Lukaku or a Flashback Ibra is going to be absolutely unstoppable.

Edit: Just saw this on reddit and it explains a lot of why this game feels so different. Really interesting and possibly a big game changer in terms of how we think about choosing players and their chem styles.

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Gameplay/servers are very inconsistent at the moment, was playing today and its not the same speed as the day before :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
@NieThePiet @Dutch D @Batman

Bro's, I need your help..

Which one do I buy out of these 3 g's, cant go wrong with either but its racking me;

Rudiger 87 - beast defensive stats and pacey, like Eder below he lacks composure but also has poor balance and agility, also has a OTW card though which will get double upgrades I imagine.

Eder Militao 84 - slap and anchor on him and hes insane, pace is ridiculous for a CB and he has all the right defensive stats BUT 74 composure, I'm a big believer in the composure stat being very important.

Hierro 89 - big defensive stats, traits, high balance, high composure, decent agility, with the boost hes 91/92 rated CB BUT slower than the other two options.

Would need to be paired with Alaba who is already pacey but not top two pacey. They're all similar price apart from the OTW, I usually steer clear of icon cards this early doing a Real Madrid p&p so all fit.

I think if I was to narrow it down a bit its Hierro vs Eder Militao, but Militao's composure worries me, I know he will be like an even better Kimpembe, but composure makes the difference between meta vs classy.

So torn at the moment and cant decide..

P.S - Hierro's total in game stats dwarf the other two.

Batman

@NieThePiet @Dutch D @Batman

Bro's, I need your help..

Which one do I buy out of these 3 g's, cant go wrong with either but its racking me;

Rudiger 87 - beast defensive stats and pacey, like Eder below he lacks composure but also has poor balance and agility, also has a OTW card though which will get double upgrades I imagine.

Eder Militao 84 - slap and anchor on him and hes insane, pace is ridiculous for a CB and he has all the right defensive stats BUT 74 composure, I'm a big believer in the composure stat being very important.

Hierro 89 - big defensive stats, traits, high balance, high composure, decent agility, with the boost hes 91/92 rated CB BUT slower than the other two options.

Would need to be paired with Alaba who is already pacey but not top two pacey. They're all similar price apart from the OTW, I usually steer clear of icon cards this early doing a Real Madrid p&p so all fit.

I think if I was to narrow it down a bit its Hierro vs Eder Militao, but Militao's composure worries me, I know he will be like an even better Kimpembe, but composure makes the difference between meta vs classy.

So torn at the moment and cant decide..

P.S - Hierro's total in game stats dwarf the other two.
I think I'd go Rudi. He's the only defender I've come up against so far that has felt really difficult to play against. Since you've already got Alaba who is the smaller and more agile option, I think you don't need Militao. You want a unit next to Alaba. Hierro I'm sure is probably decent as well but Rudiger is one of those guys with the EA sauce. I was fortunate enough to pack Carvalho untradeable and he's great as my more agile CB but I'm looking to put a unit next to him. You need one with these big, physical strikers being useable now.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Would say Rüdiger too at the moment, but haven't seen Hierro often yet. Rudi could be even good enough to play the first weeks/months with him, looks like he has everything for a FUT CB.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I think I'd go Rudi. He's the only defender I've come up against so far that has felt really difficult to play against. Since you've already got Alaba who is the smaller and more agile option, I think you don't need Militao. You want a unit next to Alaba. Hierro I'm sure is probably decent as well but Rudiger is one of those guys with the EA sauce. I was fortunate enough to pack Carvalho untradeable and he's great as my more agile CB but I'm looking to put a unit next to him. You need one with these big, physical strikers being useable now.
Would say Rüdiger too at the moment, but haven't seen Hierro often yet. Rudi could be even good enough to play the first weeks/months with him, looks like he has everything for a FUT CB.

F**k sake guys :lol:

I'm that type of person who has to have the best version of the card too so now will have to look into getting Rudigers OTW which is like 400k 🤦‍♂️

Batman

Used the last of my points on a couple of promo packs and just pulled VVD. That's now my 2 biggest tradeable pulls Salah and Virgil. I sold Salah at 270 and now I'm sorted at CB probably for the next month at least with Virgil and Carvalho. Debating whether to splurge on Neymar or do a bit of inform trading.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Used the last of my points on a couple of promo packs and just pulled VVD. That's now my 2 biggest tradeable pulls Salah and Virgil. I sold Salah at 270 and now I'm sorted at CB probably for the next month at least with Virgil and Carvalho. Debating whether to splurge on Neymar or do a bit of inform trading.

I got about 380k ready to upgrade my Madrid team with IF Modric, OTW Tchoumeni, Mendy.

I got a lot tied up in investments which should eventually bag me 1mil - 1.5mil depending on how the market roles.

Personally, I wouldnt bother with Neymar yet, you can probably get away with cheaper alternatives for now, I'm using Hazard instead of buying Vinicius Jr right now and getting by.

Top Bottom