• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 23

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
'Mikel, why is the Xbox in the bin?'

FLEU5gLWUAEwdBL

🔥🐐🔥🐐🔥🐐🔥

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Although they only make my bench, both Team of the Season Guendouzi and Saliba are quality cards. Both are considerably better than Ben Wh- oh wait he didn't get one because he's sh*t.

vantoure

I'm relatively new to FIFA and in particular online play (seasons in FIFA 22). I quite find it frustrating - passes delivered to the wrong player, my players being too slow to react even when the laws of physics are in their favor, ref giving the softest penos, etc.

I could understand this if i was playing against AI as the motive would be to make it difficult for players. From reading online, i can also somewhat understand if AI favors some players in FUT as there appears to be some financial incentives. I cant understand how a lot of bad play puts me in the disadvantage most of the time though (in seasons), even accounting for some computing errors.

I'm an average to good level player, but some things just don't make sense. Question is

- do players rig the game play? Why? I don't see the incentives to do that in seasons

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'm relatively new to FIFA and in particular online play (seasons in FIFA 22). I quite find it frustrating - passes delivered to the wrong player, my players being too slow to react even when the laws of physics are in their favor, ref giving the softest penos, etc.

I could understand this if i was playing against AI as the motive would be to make it difficult for players. From reading online, i can also somewhat understand if AI favors some players in FUT as there appears to be some financial incentives. I cant understand how a lot of bad play puts me in the disadvantage most of the time though (in seasons), even accounting for some computing errors.

I'm an average to good level player, but some things just don't make sense. Question is

- do players rig the game play? Why? I don't see the incentives to do that in seasons

Nope, everyone sees the problems that plague them and not others.

I play seasons, won Div1 few times and have like 6 losses in total with 70-100 wins (cant remember the exact number); the game does allow for dramatic moments but 9/10 the better player wins.

The thing with FIFA which I find odd compared to every other online game is people rarely admit they just got beat by the better player.

All the issues you're having, your opponent is having too.

I've never done it but apparently recording your gameplay where you lose and watching it back is pretty eye opening. The reason I said above I've won Div1 and have a strong record isnt to brag but just so I can somewhat say that a lot of people who play seasons are ridiculously predictable and cannot change it up once you've figured it out. I can tell within the first 10 games mins if I'm going to win comfortably.

However, lag; if what you said is happening cos you have a poor internet connection then yes it can make it an uphill battle.

Also, you said you're new too the game, a lot of people, myself included have been playing this game for years, I've been playing since it first went online ages ago, there are certain mechanics and playstyles that are king in FIFA which you may not know about until you clock onto it.

You on Xbox or Playstation? If you're on PC that can be a whole ****show where it can be rigged but thats a whole different conversation.

vantoure

Nice details, thanks. Amazing that you've won division 1. Currently in div 5, need 1 point to avoid relegation though :lol:

A few points though
- I actually appreciate when a better player beats me, in fact, I've lost several matches by up to 9 goals and never arbitrarily ended them. It's just when it feels like I'm pushing a wall due to the game mechanics, i can't deal

- yes I'm average to good, unable to dribble well, so I try to utilise quick passing. So it's quite frustrating when i set up a pass, usually a killer pass and the AI delivers to a totally different direction or it's too short or too long. In FUT 19, I excused it as happening to players with low passing skills. But I've seen it happen to very good passers. I was absolutely pissed today when at the 120mins of XT, with 2 players running into acres of space in the opponent's half, Haller over hit a through pass out of touch.

- where I've felt like it's rigged mostly though is the reaction speed of my players, especially when the physics should favour them. It's either that it's rigged or my opponents are able to react super fast and consider multiple actions within milliseconds. Just feels unnatural

- your point is valid about being up against very experienced gamers. I just feel some things still don't hold up well.

- I'm on ps4. Maybe my controller's trainee time is not adequate though,
Nope, everyone sees the problems that plague them and not others.

I play seasons, won Div1 few times and have like 6 losses in total with 70-100 wins (cant remember the exact number); the game does allow for dramatic moments but 9/10 the better player wins.

The thing with FIFA which I find odd compared to every other online game is people rarely admit they just got beat by the better player.

All the issues you're having, your opponent is having too.

I've never done it but apparently recording your gameplay where you lose and watching it back is pretty eye opening. The reason I said above I've won Div1 and have a strong record isnt to brag but just so I can somewhat say that a lot of people who play seasons are ridiculously predictable and cannot change it up once you've figured it out. I can tell within the first 10 games mins if I'm going to win comfortably.

However, lag; if what you said is happening cos you have a poor internet connection then yes it can make it an uphill battle.

Also, you said you're new too the game, a lot of people, myself included have been playing this game for years, I've been playing since it first went online ages ago, there are certain mechanics and playstyles that are king in FIFA which you may not know about until you clock onto it.

You on Xbox or Playstation? If you're on PC that can be a whole ****show where it can be rigged but thats a whole different conversation.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Nice details, thanks. Amazing that you've won division 1. Currently in div 5, need 1 point to avoid relegation though :lol:

A few points though
- I actually appreciate when a better player beats me, in fact, I've lost several matches by up to 9 goals and never arbitrarily ended them. It's just when it feels like I'm pushing a wall due to the game mechanics, i can't deal

- yes I'm average to good, unable to dribble well, so I try to utilise quick passing. So it's quite frustrating when i set up a pass, usually a killer pass and the AI delivers to a totally different direction or it's too short or too long. In FUT 19, I excused it as happening to players with low passing skills. But I've seen it happen to very good passers. I was absolutely pissed today when at the 120mins of XT, with 2 players running into acres of space in the opponent's half, Haller over hit a through pass out of touch.

- where I've felt like it's rigged mostly though is the reaction speed of my players, especially when the physics should favour them. It's either that it's rigged or my opponents are able to react super fast and consider multiple actions within milliseconds. Just feels unnatural

- your point is valid about being up against very experienced gamers. I just feel some things still don't hold up well.

- I'm on ps4. Maybe my controller's trainee time is not adequate though,

Hmm, its difficult too say because what you seem to be experiencing may be lag/connection issues.

As you're in Div5 at this time in the games cycle that may be part of the issue. The matchmaking is not the best and most people will be in Div3-1 by now so your matchmaking will be limited and it will attempt to match you with people in your division first so you may be getting matched with players from far away.

The player base in seasons on Xbox is usually around 5-8k at most, not sure on PS but that is very low in terms of online players to be matched with. The game also matches you with players above and below your division if it cant find anyone in yours.

It does sound like a connection issue as how you explain in I completely understand because I've had it too, usually if I get opponents from the US or Saudi etc.

However one point where I think you are sabotaging yourself, through balls with Haller is asking for trouble. I mainly use Portugal and because I've used them a lot I know the strengths and weaknesses of the players, I'd rarely if ever use CR7 to through ball and instead work it to some one like Fernandes or Felix instead as some players youre just asking for trouble.

You also got to remember unless you are playing on full manual controls youre giving up a percentage of your input to the AI. You shoot, cross, pass etc and once youve pressed that button there is a random number generator where the stats come in to play which decides if the input is going to be successful or not.

Haller has pretty crap passing stats before it goes through the lottery, personally I wouldnt risk it most of the time unless acres of space but even then I wouldnt be surprised if it went wrong.

Also, for some reason lofted through balls seem to be more successful than on the deck, I'm not a fan of lofted as I think it looks stupid and prefer a cutting through ball but lofted through balls people regularly spam and they eventually get through.

Saying all that, there is known issues with passing going in the wrong direction though, personally its annoying but ita a 2 way street and your opponent faces it too.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Fifa has become more and more a game for 14 year olds with momentum engines etc. to keep it 'interesting', I stopped taking it seriously a few years ago. Fifa 15 I would regularly win division 1 with little sweat in both singles and co-op but in Fifa 22 (I think this started in Fifa 16 but not sure) as soon as you go 2-0 up your players forget how to pass the ball and defenders are forcefielded away from attackers etc.

I hate it when I'm 2-0 up or 2-0 down, its become a very unrewarding experience tbh. They also made invidual "skills" and pace far more relevant than passing, technical ability or anything that actually relates to team football.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
as soon as you go 2-0 up your players forget how to pass the ball and defenders are forcefielded away from attackers etc.

Absolute nonsense :lol: , people adapt to playstyles and a hell of a lot of people are a lot more predictable than they think.

Fifa is that one game where everyone feels they got screwed instead of accepting there loss.

Top Bottom