• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 23

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I had Moments R9, Dinho, Pele and everything else and I was just bored because everyone had more or less the same players. This was the first year I played into August and I probably won't again lol

I quit just after TOTY then picked it up again in July.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
@Batman

Playing the game now, its soooooo different to 22, everything is sloooooow.
Ahh nice. I've got almost 15 hours to wait. Gonna stay up and get in a match or 2. From what I saw it looked pretty slow which I actually prefer. I'm excited to see how the different running styles impact pace. Hopefully with chem styles being nerfed a bit, it slows the power curve down and makes more kinds of players viable. And hopefully if it is a positive change to FIFA 22, it's not patched to death like every other year and reverted into the same repetitive through ball simulator.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Ahh nice. I've got almost 15 hours to wait. Gonna stay up and get in a match or 2. From what I saw it looked pretty slow which I actually prefer. I'm excited to see how the different running styles impact pace. Hopefully with chem styles being nerfed a bit, it slows the power curve down and makes more kinds of players viable. And hopefully if it is a positive change to FIFA 22, it's not patched to death like every other year and reverted into the same repetitive through ball simulator.

Got a feeling it gets patched first week or two. I prefer the slower pace but this is beyond different, the pace is very slow compared to what it was and fifa community doesnt like change.

Batman

Got a feeling it gets patched first week or two. I prefer the slower pace but this is beyond different, the pace is very slow compared to what it was and fifa community doesnt like change.
Oh yeah, every year the babies whine that it's too slow. Looking forward to trying it. I'm off tomorrow so will have plenty of time to play.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Oh yeah, every year the babies whine that it's too slow. Looking forward to trying it. I'm off tomorrow so will have plenty of time to play.

Just played another game so now 2 in total and its so much better how it is.

I'm using Kroos and Pique and they're actually good for the moment, high passing stats also seem to have a point right now too.

Batman

Just played another game so now 2 in total and its so much better how it is.

I'm using Kroos and Pique and they're actually good for the moment, high passing stats also seem to have a point right now too.
Nice. I'm looking forward to midnight. It would be so good if slower players were actually useable all year but we'll see.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I bought Kessie for 8k, De Paul for 3k and Felix for 7k three days ago, now they are 30k, 7k and 15k respectively. Think I'll sell them for now or do you guys think they will rise further towards the 30th?

Also, I spend 1200 Fifa points of the Ultimate Edition points and I already packed Haaland. 5 goals in 2 matches so far, seems really good at finishing and bullying defenders in the early game.

Was planning on going Portuguese after packing Leao (who has risen from 10k to 23k, but I packed him and I'm doing some first owner achievements at the beginning of the game), then I packed untradeable Ter Stegen and thought a Portuguese/La Liga hybrid, but now I have to reconsider. Just think a PL team is too boring, though.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I bought Kessie for 8k, De Paul for 3k and Felix for 7k three days ago, now they are 30k, 7k and 15k respectively. Think I'll sell them for now or do you guys think they will rise further towards the 30th?

Also, I spend 1200 Fifa points of the Ultimate Edition points and I already packed Haaland. 5 goals in 2 matches so far, seems really good at finishing and bullying defenders in the early game.

Was planning on going Portuguese after packing Leao (who has risen from 10k to 23k, but I packed him and I'm doing some first owner achievements at the beginning of the game), then I packed untradeable Ter Stegen and thought a Portuguese/La Liga hybrid, but now I have to reconsider. Just think a PL team is too boring, though.

I'd say sell, they may go higher but with the influx of packs that will be opened they could drop. Kessie especially seems over priced right now.

I'm doing Real Madrid past and present, at the moment I've packed trash constantly. Have managed to buy Modric/Alaba/Rodrygo/Navas, packed Vazquez, Hazard, Kroos, Nacho I think. Got Inaki Williams and Acuna in the spare spots for now, Benzema isnt on the market and Mendy is ridiculously expensive.

Making some long term pick ups for trading over short term.

Dribbling is difficult to do well right now, I had it mastered on 22 but this is so different, especially on next gen.

Batman

Turns out the 30 max limit is still on web app and phone app.

Console goes to 100, weird.
Maybe to combat hackers or bots.

What do you think of it?

Can tell you now packs are absolute trash again :lol:
I like the gameplay a lot actually. It feels like a way more refined version of PES almost. I'll be sad when they ruin it in a week because the pace merchants hate it. The packs have been mostly grim but I just packed Salah from one of my Premium Gold packs so gonna try him out and then see if it makes sense to sell him or keep him.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Maybe to combat hackers or bots.

I like the gameplay a lot actually. It feels like a way more refined version of PES almost. I'll be sad when they ruin it in a week because the pace merchants hate it. The packs have been mostly grim but I just packed Salah from one of my Premium Gold packs so gonna try him out and then see if it makes sense to sell him or keep him.

Yeah it will be annoying if they do change it, already seen some of the 'pros' whining on twitter.

The only thing that I find a massive issue right now is the GK's, they are sooooooo sh!t, its unreal just how bad they are, so much stuff just goes through them.

Batman

Yeah it will be annoying if they do change it, already seen some of the 'pros' whining on twitter.

The only thing that I find a massive issue right now is the GK's, they are sooooooo sh!t, its unreal just how bad they are, so much stuff just goes through them.
I'm actually not sure how much they can change it because the engine does seem a bit different and the animations overall seem slower so hopefully even if they tweak it, it still won't be back to the same mindless pinball that they always patch it into. Yeah but Pope is as OP as always. 🤣

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'm actually not sure how much they can change it because the engine does seem a bit different and the animations overall seem slower so hopefully even if they tweak it, it still won't be back to the same mindless pinball that they always patch it into. Yeah but Pope is as OP as always. 🤣

I disagree, I reckon they could patch it back to 22 if they really wanted :lol:, they wont as they introduce slow gameplay at the start of every Fifa, its clearly the style of game they want and it would also help with keeping the game speed normal for longer with promos etc but they always bend to pressure.

They're going to have to stick to one eventually, they cant keep bending to idiots who cant deal with change.

I've played some people today who are the issue, they play the same way for 90mins andw8oo spam the same sh!t over and over instead of adapting.

Top Bottom