• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 23

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I got a red pick Kean, hes one but not sure I want to sink into an SBC!

Sh!!!!!t thats a hot pick, that R9 will last the entirety of the game and you're set, I did read somewhere that he doesnt have the same appearance in game as the other R9's though?

Gameplay is back to being rubbish again, finally gave in and changed formation and tactics etc due too it.

Been contemplating all week whether to dump Ramos or not, would lose no coins but not sure hes going to hold up much longer plus I'm waiting on that EoaE Pique.
Ahh if you've already got the red then no need. Yeah idk who the hell this Wish R9 is. He's got a fake face. It looks like some PS3 version of him in game. I can't believe it. Absolute clown behavior from EA. I was opening the packs on my phone so didn't know what he looked like until I turned the console on this morning. I packed Laudrup too and that useless guy has his correct face. Yeah gameplay is really dreadful still. I changed my tactics up last week but I'll probably tinker a bit just to find something kind of fun if possible. I would get rid of Ramos, he's gonna be well behind the curve if he's not already and recouping the coins would be great for another investment or whatever.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Is R9 untradeable I take it?

I just bought Abedi Pele to accomodate Ramos lol, personally I'd say Ramos is still a boss just an annoying link due to Ligue 1 but that Pele guy sorts that for me.

Cuadrado I'm regretting already, hes always going to be an issue for me so I'm convinced he will just be my bench guy for now.

I'll post my current team below..

Batman

Is R9 untradeable I take it?

I just bought Abedi Pele to accomodate Ramos lol, personally I'd say Ramos is still a boss just an annoying link due to Ligue 1 but that Pele guy sorts that for me.

Cuadrado I'm regretting already, hes always going to be an issue for me so I'm convinced he will just be my bench guy for now.

I'll post my current team below..
Yeah he came out of the last one of those repeatable 85x2 packs yesterday. The WC Icons are coded like promo careds so they're technically packable in pretty much any pack that has gold rare players in them. It wasn't just me, a lot of people seemed to be getting Cruyff, Zidane etc. As far as his face goes, either someone has made a horrible mistake or they tried to kind of make him like like his 2006 face and just really messed up. I hope it's fixed soon. Yeah the only Ligue 1 player I'm using at the moment is Mbappe. Abedi Pele is a nice one. It was cool seeing him cheering Ghana on at the match, I actually had no clue he was Andre and Jordan Ayew's dad. Are you regretting Cuadrado in terms of performance or just trying to link him? I just completed him since I had a lot of high rated dupes and didn't want to waste quick sell recoveries.

Batman

So I've just seen a video where BorasLegend is playing against a guy with a loan WC Drogba in his squad. He says "wtf, why is Drogba white?" and at the end of the game he looks on the replay and Drogba has Maldini's player model in game. It sounds like they screwed up more than just R9's face. They actually released multiple WC Icons with the wrong face and player model. Truly the most incompetent company not run by Elon Musk. 😭

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I regret Cuadrado for the links, I have Marchisio and Nakata yet he is still on 2 chem, there is no Colombian managers and Serie A/Juve kinda sucks, same as Colombians outside of Cordoba which I'm not convinced on due to his height even tho it werent an issue in 22.

Cuadrado stats wise tho is better than Cafu in total stats and a solid player, but for 200k worth of fodder for a bench player is not worth it.

Yeah, they messed up Cafu as well, he has a generic face, embarrassing how a company the size of EA and a game the size of Fifa cannot get minor things like this correct, even that in game counter is broken!

New Marquinhos looks absolutely solid, end game type of player.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I really picked Butragueno out of WL rewards. Awesome 1kk, but still not sure if i should play him or sell him.

Really don't know which striker i want to play. Smolarek is very high on my list.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'd sell Butra personally, he looks really good but hes so lightweight!

The gap in strikers is massive when it comes to coins, you can pick up any good ST for under 250k but all the decent ones are over a milli..

Then you got Batman up in here who has a 10mil ST, I bet you get some right abuse when people see you with R9, I've had my messages switched off for years but FIFA community is so dumb, they cant fathom you can get lucky and pack an R9, they think everything is 'credit card' purchased which I also dont have an issue with.

Made 1.1mil tonight shifting my 87's, will wait for prices to come down right across the board then reinvest I think, there still hasnt been that top top SBC yet.. I think I'm gonna go all in for when it eventually drops, it will be a while but it will happen.

Just gonna leave this here so I dont forget and so people on here can use it;

88's - 45k
87's - 22k (should be more)

Theyre the prices which will repeat again, I'm sure of it, so when those 88's and 87's dip again, hoover them up!

88's if they drop low again are double your coin territory, theyre already down to 35k, they've gone down quick, they will hit 22-25k again, it was a sh!tty SBC which required 3 88's which sent them up, just wait until an actual decent SBC hits and with EA's track record they like to bleed it slow..

They will chuck out a few good SBC's requiring 88's which will raise the price and bleed peoples clubs of 88's, hold through this period as EA will then chuck out the big dog SBC that skyrockets them and thats when you cash in.

Batman

I'd sell Butra personally, he looks really good but hes so lightweight!

The gap in strikers is massive when it comes to coins, you can pick up any good ST for under 250k but all the decent ones are over a milli..

Then you got Batman up in here who has a 10mil ST, I bet you get some right abuse when people see you with R9, I've had my messages switched off for years but FIFA community is so dumb, they cant fathom you can get lucky and pack an R9, they think everything is 'credit card' purchased which I also dont have an issue with.

Made 1.1mil tonight shifting my 87's, will wait for prices to come down right across the board then reinvest I think, there still hasnt been that top top SBC yet.. I think I'm gonna go all in for when it eventually drops, it will be a while but it will happen.

Just gonna leave this here so I dont forget and so people on here can use it;

88's - 45k
87's - 22k (should be more)

Theyre the prices which will repeat again, I'm sure of it, so when those 88's and 87's dip again, hoover them up!

88's if they drop low again are double your coin territory, theyre already down to 35k, they've gone down quick, they will hit 22-25k again, it was a sh!tty SBC which required 3 88's which sent them up, just wait until an actual decent SBC hits and with EA's track record they like to bleed it slow..

They will chuck out a few good SBC's requiring 88's which will raise the price and bleed peoples clubs of 88's, hold through this period as EA will then chuck out the big dog SBC that skyrockets them and thats when you cash in.
The beauty of PSN is that nobody but my friends can even send me messages but I have been Credit Card FC before and gotten a ton of hate so it is what it is. It's just jealousy and nonsense at the end of the day. No sense in indulging it. Yeah we're still missing that real killer SBC that everyone wants to do. It might take until Futmas to happen, like that FB Varane level card that nobody wants to miss out on.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The killer SBC will come, I'm just going to prepare for then, if I rememeber correctly, you're right Varane was the one that sent prices up, I think I went from 2mil to 6mil thanks to Varane last year.

Mate, I chuck a lil starter cash towards it each year, people always claim its 'mummies credit card' but I'm a grown ass man with kids..

In my experience the majority of people with R9, Zidane, Maldini etc are usually the worst players, reason I assume is there are people out there who enjoy playing Fifa but cant be assed with the grind, so they just chuck money on so when they do play they can use whoever they like.

Within my first 3 games on 23 I played someone with a ridiculous squad, it had every top of the list card there was to have at the time, he quit at 4-0 down after 30 in game mins..

That Smolarek is a beast but he might as well join the dodgy icon list, hes got an awful league and nation to link.

On that note, I done the WC Hero SBC the other day, dont know why, probably in hope of replacing one of my paid for's with an untradeable, anyway.. got Campos, such a rigged game!

If any of you like having expensive LB's, seriously take a look at Capdevilla, awful player in real life but I swear he has the Ginola logic in this game, he is huge and an absolute beast of a LB, his presence on my left side is crazy, links nicely with Alaba too!

Batman

The killer SBC will come, I'm just going to prepare for then, if I rememeber correctly, you're right Varane was the one that sent prices up, I think I went from 2mil to 6mil thanks to Varane last year.

Mate, I chuck a lil starter cash towards it each year, people always claim its 'mummies credit card' but I'm a grown ass man with kids..

In my experience the majority of people with R9, Zidane, Maldini etc are usually the worst players, reason I assume is there are people out there who enjoy playing Fifa but cant be assed with the grind, so they just chuck money on so when they do play they can use whoever they like.

Within my first 3 games on 23 I played someone with a ridiculous squad, it had every top of the list card there was to have at the time, he quit at 4-0 down after 30 in game mins..

That Smolarek is a beast but he might as well join the dodgy icon list, hes got an awful league and nation to link.

On that note, I done the WC Hero SBC the other day, dont know why, probably in hope of replacing one of my paid for's with an untradeable, anyway.. got Campos, such a rigged game!

If any of you like having expensive LB's, seriously take a look at Capdevilla, awful player in real life but I swear he has the Ginola logic in this game, he is huge and an absolute beast of a LB, his presence on my left side is crazy, links nicely with Alaba too!
Yeah often times when you see a true God Squad early in the cycle, the player is really poor. I don't fault anyone though, enjoy the game how you want to. I'm in the same boat as you although I don't have kids so my disposable income is entirely discretionary and since I'm not a big drinker or anything like that, if it's not going to clothes it might go to video games. I used to always get crazy hate messages but it never bothered me. Bro I got Campos after I put Campos in lmao. Done with these scam upgrades. They never work out well for me. Yeah I've heard people say Capdevilla is mental and making it into a lot of pro squads but he doesn't fit my team. Alaba is actually on the bench now. I packed 86 Tomori and he's actually considerably better and easier to get in on chem now.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Same, I rarely ever do a random SBC but thought I'd do one as a one off and it was an immediate reminder to stick to my thoughts on these, they are a scam; Campos, Crouch, Al Jaber, you got to consider yourself lucky to avoid those fools, imagine that 30 or however many players and you're lucky to get any of the other 27..

Sorry bro, I aint having that.. better than Alaba? Naaaaaaah, no way, the white shirt David Alaba SBC yeah? That guy is beyond solid for me but I do play him CDM, hes stopping me doing Vieira, hes stopping me buying that Busquets, doing that Schweinsteiger SBC, hes just such a baller for me and everywhere in the CDM position, maybe I'm missing his flaws but hes amazing for me, I keep trying to upgrade and move him back to CB but I just cant do it.

That Rafael Marquez WC hero surprised me though, I got him as a CB and was expecting him to be a stop gap until EoaE Pique but hes seriously solid, personally I dont really feel the 'power curve' on many players yet, same as last year, I will always win the same amount and lose the same amount, its the one consistent thing in FIFA, players as good as they may seem still dont matter that much, as long as you're not using crappy golds etc you will always manage.

Absolutely hating everything WC Promo though, you also seen they put a cap of 10 games an hour on the golden goal thing? Disgraceful, I know you said you been soft banned but I was getting through like 30 games an hour with no issue, I completed 6 countries in an hour one week, now you got to wait? EA's logic and head in the sand approach is so unreal, dont fix the soft ban just restrict people instead? They're incompetence is amazing for a company of that scale, more and more backing my idea in my mind to be done with FIFA or whatever football its called after 23, trash company!

Batman

Same, I rarely ever do a random SBC but thought I'd do one as a one off and it was an immediate reminder to stick to my thoughts on these, they are a scam; Campos, Crouch, Al Jaber, you got to consider yourself lucky to avoid those fools, imagine that 30 or however many players and you're lucky to get any of the other 27..

Sorry bro, I aint having that.. better than Alaba? Naaaaaaah, no way, the white shirt David Alaba SBC yeah? That guy is beyond solid for me but I do play him CDM, hes stopping me doing Vieira, hes stopping me buying that Busquets, doing that Schweinsteiger SBC, hes just such a baller for me and everywhere in the CDM position, maybe I'm missing his flaws but hes amazing for me, I keep trying to upgrade and move him back to CB but I just cant do it.

That Rafael Marquez WC hero surprised me though, I got him as a CB and was expecting him to be a stop gap until EoaE Pique but hes seriously solid, personally I dont really feel the 'power curve' on many players yet, same as last year, I will always win the same amount and lose the same amount, its the one consistent thing in FIFA, players as good as they may seem still dont matter that much, as long as you're not using crappy golds etc you will always manage.

Absolutely hating everything WC Promo though, you also seen they put a cap of 10 games an hour on the golden goal thing? Disgraceful, I know you said you been soft banned but I was getting through like 30 games an hour with no issue, I completed 6 countries in an hour one week, now you got to wait? EA's logic and head in the sand approach is so unreal, dont fix the soft ban just restrict people instead? They're incompetence is amazing for a company of that scale, more and more backing my idea in my mind to be done with FIFA or whatever football its called after 23, trash company!
Yeah man, I always get shafted on these SBCs. The only W I can remember having last year was I think I got Mid Lothar from one around this time and he stayed in my team next to Vieira for quite a while.

No bro genuinely he's better. I have the same Alaba you do and I swear by him but this Tomori is ridiculous. He's just got the sauce. Alaba is more versatile, I don't think I'd try playing Tomori in midfield and certainly Alaba's passing and dribbling are way better but just in terms of not getting beaten by anyone and making insane tackles, Tomori is insanely good.

I've heard good things about him and funnily enough people using Mascherano at CB. Honestly I think part of not feeling that power curve is the meta totally changing a couple of weeks ago and so many players who had plummeted in price all of a sudden becoming incredible in game. It's also similar to last year in many ways. Mbappe is a cheat code and his rare gold will be viable until deep into TOTS. Every other meta gold is varying levels of decent with guys like Mendy feeling like Icons. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yeah can't say I love it personally. I'm not even using R9 right now because I refuse to watch some generic bastard and pretend it's R9 when it's not. Yeah I think did the 10 game limit to address the soft bans because they're too stupid to code more intelligently. I did read somewhere though that the issue is you're allegedly only allowed 65 matches from midnight to midnight and so I think the reason I was actually getting banned is because in both cases I had completed 20 WL matches and then I was blasting through swaps and probably went over 65 matches that way. I was thinking I was getting banned for an hourly number but it may have been the 65 matches. Regardless, it's more open hostility to the consumer and I agree, I become less likely to follow them to the next game by the day.

On a more positive note, not sure if you did his SBC or not but that FB Messi is absolutely broken. He plays so far above his stats, it's a joke. He still bangs in free kicks everywhere, his passing is God tier and his finishing is the fakest 80 ever. He feels exactly like last year's Messi but with pace. Absolutely loving him so far. I wasn't going to do the SBC but I was opening some 84x20s and had a ton of dupe fodder as well as some high rated quicksell recoveries that I only had another day or 2 to use. Definitely a really fun and really high tier card.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I contemplated that SBC Messi for a long time as he would have immediately solved my Ramos chem problem, to be fair I could still do it and keep Pele as I'm only dropping Ljungberg but for some reason I'm still put off by his card, I'd play him RAM so wouldnt even need the max shooting but still, I dont know what it is but the card just annoys me, it annoys me how they've statted him out in some areas and not others, I could deal with either low shooting or low passing but not both but I suppose that is reflected in the cost.

There just seems to be so much choice in certain positions like the wings that I dont want to lock myself into another SBC player like I did Cuadrado.

I could just get the fodder from swaps like you did though, I'm definitely taking Cafu I think, Vieira doesnt look as well rounded to push out Alaba at CDM, plus CM's are another position where I dont want to be locked in, especially with my WC Marchisio being untradeable, its good to have them but when you got 1mil+ players on the bench it feels such a waste.

They need to fix that R9 and all the others too; Cafu, Drogba etc, ridiculous how it takes so long when they already got faces in game.

Batman

I contemplated that SBC Messi for a long time as he would have immediately solved my Ramos chem problem, to be fair I could still do it and keep Pele as I'm only dropping Ljungberg but for some reason I'm still put off by his card, I'd play him RAM so wouldnt even need the max shooting but still, I dont know what it is but the card just annoys me, it annoys me how they've statted him out in some areas and not others, I could deal with either low shooting or low passing but not both but I suppose that is reflected in the cost.

There just seems to be so much choice in certain positions like the wings that I dont want to lock myself into another SBC player like I did Cuadrado.

I could just get the fodder from swaps like you did though, I'm definitely taking Cafu I think, Vieira doesnt look as well rounded to push out Alaba at CDM, plus CM's are another position where I dont want to be locked in, especially with my WC Marchisio being untradeable, its good to have them but when you got 1mil+ players on the bench it feels such a waste.

They need to fix that R9 and all the others too; Cafu, Drogba etc, ridiculous how it takes so long when they already got faces in game.
I get what you mean but the stats are fake. He's the gold card with pace. The finishing is the same and so are the passing and free kicks. It's just that he's got legitimately explosive pace and with it actually some surprising strength. I can't remember the last time a Messi at this time of the year, even like a TOTY Messi had the ability to shake off tackles and just burst past people. He's actually really nuts and I think a lot of people won't complete the SBC just looking at the stats when he's so much better in game. I get not wanting to be locked in though. I'm kind of put off by icons in general this year because of chem so unless I'm packing them I can't see myself really doing to many SBCs or buying too many though I know I'll cave and buy Zidane and Cruyff eventually.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Hmm, I will see what kind of fodder I have and possibly do the Messi SBC off of your recommendation so I hold you fully responsible if hes sh!t....!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Just looking through more of these WC Heroes and that Park card looks crazy for 210k, its got me wondering about whats coming next though, these heroes are so good at this stage of the game, there just so solid in there positions.

With the correct chemstyles the majority are like 90+ rated, you got some that are 93/94 rated in there position, thats madness.

If they want to out do these heroes they're gonna have to release some absolute monsters, I got so many heroes right now that barely any other players seem worth getting or upgrades on them.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom