• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 23

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I've got to the point I can barely make changes to my 11 without having to break it all down and start again.

My squad is now somewhat settled but I still dont particularly like it, it just does what it does.

I could go and buy whoever but I literally cannot be bothered as then a new promo comes out and its onto the next etc.

I'm definitely going all in on 88's at some point, probably tomorrow or Monday, 4mil+ all in, just waiting for a lot more to settle under 25k so I can diversify the picks.

Then I'm holding.
Agreed, I want to try all of these cards but I don't want to be sitting here playing chess trying to figure out their chemistry. There's nothing fun about that. Yeah man honestly I've lost all interest in even investing. Like I logged on just now, saw 2 sh*t showdown SBCs and no worthwhile content and now I probably won't touch the game again until tomorrow when it will be the same story again. I really can't see myself lasting until TOTS at this point. My motivation is less each day.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Ah same, my logic though is if I stick the coins into investments it will make up for when I dont play the game.

Squad Battles I barely touch anymore, WL I'm starting to question whats the point and same with Rivals.

The thing that bothers me at the moment is I can make more coins through investing than I ever will just playing the game, like I've made what.. 5/6mil already and only about 1mil of that is from playing the game, but then why do I even care when I cant be assed to play it either.

I dont even push to challenge myself anymore, I just play the games with no real care for the result just what comes with it ie rewards but as above I make more than they offer anyway.

I miss the days of leagues, cups etc

Batman

Ah same, my logic though is if I stick the coins into investments it will make up for when I dont play the game.

Squad Battles I barely touch anymore, WL I'm starting to question whats the point and same with Rivals.

The thing that bothers me at the moment is I can make more coins through investing than I ever will just playing the game, like I've made what.. 5/6mil already and only about 1mil of that is from playing the game, but then why do I even care when I cant be assed to play it either.

I dont even push to challenge myself anymore, I just play the games with no real care for the result just what comes with it ie rewards but as above I make more than they offer anyway.

I miss the days of leagues, cups etc
Yeah man it's like I'm frustrated but it's a hollow frustration. Like I ultimately don't really care anymore, I think that playing is just so much a part of my routine that it's really the chief reason I play. I think once I break that habit it will be the end. If it weren't too cold for me to be playing actual football regularly, I would probably already be done. It's a bad sign when the game's menus are more interesting than the game itself.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Every year I play FUT I quit around Dec/Jan and just delete the entire club, I've deleted 5mil before, last year I gave 7mil to a mate and got banned from the transfer market for the rest of 22.

I said then I wouldn't play FUT again but here I am, the game is just too time consuming, I love football games but I think the reason I ended up back was I picked up 22 again in the summer and even without being able to use the market I had a god squad in weeks as it was endgame and I just played when I wanted to as everything was easily available.

When you have to 'grind' for everything its just tedious, I genuinely dont know why I still play, well I do.. its half habit and half hope; hope that they wil reinstate the game we had a patch or two ago.

Saying all that, I have had some fun today on it, I went back to wingbacks as I find it the most fun formation, Cafu now plays as expected and although I play 5122 its easily the most attacking formation in my opinion, the WB's bomb forward, I have 2 of the 3 CM's getting in the box etc, its actually a fun formation like all the 3 and 5 at the back formations.

I suppose whats also not helping on the fun factor is I'm literally waiting for them to release 94 Puskas, he will be my ST until the games over but they take soooooo ****ing long, majority of the base/mid icons suck anyway, why they dont release the primes is beyond me.

Usually theyre out by now or close to it but this stupid WC promo is dragging, probably another reason why its so dull right now, part of my reason for buying this year was the WC and theyve absolutely bored it to death.

Batman

Every year I play FUT I quit around Dec/Jan and just delete the entire club, I've deleted 5mil before, last year I gave 7mil to a mate and got banned from the transfer market for the rest of 22.

I said then I wouldn't play FUT again but here I am, the game is just too time consuming, I love football games but I think the reason I ended up back was I picked up 22 again in the summer and even without being able to use the market I had a god squad in weeks as it was endgame and I just played when I wanted to as everything was easily available.

When you have to 'grind' for everything its just tedious, I genuinely dont know why I still play, well I do.. its half habit and half hope; hope that they wil reinstate the game we had a patch or two ago.

Saying all that, I have had some fun today on it, I went back to wingbacks as I find it the most fun formation, Cafu now plays as expected and although I play 5122 its easily the most attacking formation in my opinion, the WB's bomb forward, I have 2 of the 3 CM's getting in the box etc, its actually a fun formation like all the 3 and 5 at the back formations.

I suppose whats also not helping on the fun factor is I'm literally waiting for them to release 94 Puskas, he will be my ST until the games over but they take soooooo ****ing long, majority of the base/mid icons suck anyway, why they dont release the primes is beyond me.

Usually theyre out by now or close to it but this stupid WC promo is dragging, probably another reason why its so dull right now, part of my reason for buying this year was the WC and theyve absolutely bored it to death.
Makes sense. Up until this year I was always a whale so by this point in the year I would still feel compelled to keep playing because of how much I'd spent. Having only spent on the Ultimate Edition to get early access and the 4600 points this year it feels less necessary to keep playing because there's not a big sunken cost. If I walk away right now it was just 100 bucks so who really cares, you know? I agree, I also kind of hold out hope that a tweak will revert the game back to the more fun state but realistically I know it won't happen. They have to cater to the mindless lowest common denominator of the player base who just wants to exploit pace in a straight line.

I'm glad Cafu is working out for you now and you've found a formation you like.

Yeah I think if they released either a Prime or WC Dinho that might at least interest me enough to try him out but that seems a while off so no real excitement to be had there for a while. All of these garbage SBCs they keep releasing are just depressing. The WC Promo overall has been such a huge letdown and I imagine Futmas or whatever they call it will also be a huge letdown. Just seems like they're still making the money they want to make and their focus is on how they can extract even more from next year's game. I don't think they care too much about this game anymore.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yolo'd 4.5mil into 88's at 26k this morning, cant be assed to wait any longer.

Now I'm pretty much done with the game, I'm gonna complete the swaps as I started but the rest I'll be doing bare minimum.

If my investments go correct they will cover any time off the actual game, I'll still play it but only to get a few games in here and there.

Squad battles can do one, Rivals I'll do the 8 games a week and WL I'm not sure yet, I cant open packs anyway as I'm heavily in unassigned right now.

Just waiting for the BIG SBC to hit, might be a while but it will come.

Batman

Yolo'd 4.5mil into 88's at 26k this morning, cant be assed to wait any longer.

Now I'm pretty much done with the game, I'm gonna complete the swaps as I started but the rest I'll be doing bare minimum.

If my investments go correct they will cover any time off the actual game, I'll still play it but only to get a few games in here and there.

Squad battles can do one, Rivals I'll do the 8 games a week and WL I'm not sure yet, I cant open packs anyway as I'm heavily in unassigned right now.

Just waiting for the BIG SBC to hit, might be a while but it will come.
Yeah that should give you a good return eventually. I'm done with SB too, too boring. I'm also not even promoting to Elite in Rivals, no real value in sweating that much. I didn't bother with WL this weekend either. Just hoping to find a tactic or get a really fun player to make the game more enjoyable but if it doesn't happen then it doesn't.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'm literally waiting on 94 Puskas to make the game fun again for me, thankfully I'll be able to buy straight away once I cash in, I will then just look for players I actually like.

I imagine a TOTY Benzema will be available too, hopefully with different workrates, then wait on that EoaE Pique.

I could even sell a lot of my Heroes to make more coins but I got this thing about everything having to be fresh with zero games played and all these WC Heroes are out of packs.

Batman

I'm literally waiting on 94 Puskas to make the game fun again for me, thankfully I'll be able to buy straight away once I cash in, I will then just look for players I actually like.

I imagine a TOTY Benzema will be available too, hopefully with different workrates, then wait on that EoaE Pique.

I could even sell a lot of my Heroes to make more coins but I got this thing about everything having to be fresh with zero games played and all these WC Heroes are out of packs.
Yeah a TOTY Benz would be nice. I logged in just now to see a garbage Puyol as the only content other than more swaps which I don't need to do so it's another day of not playing for me lol.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
That Puyol would be decent before the pace changes happened.

Its an awful SBC still though, no one really wants Puyol and you can tell by the market barely moving, highest rated squad is 86 too which does nothing for me.

Batman

That Puyol would be decent before the pace changes happened.

Its an awful SBC still though, no one really wants Puyol and you can tell by the market barely moving, highest rated squad is 86 too which does nothing for me.
Yup totally dead card in this gameplay. It's weird how they gave Bobby Moore that enormous boost to make him useable but kept Puyol a snail. They're really not even trying at this point.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I dont know why they neglect icons, a pace boost would have been worthy, it does look like they have slowed the power curve though which I dont particularly agree with at this point.

You cant release mega boosted WC Heroes which pretty much out do 99% of the players and even icons and then go back to crap.

A lot of squads I face are Hero heavy and its understandable why as they're just so much better than a lot of options and at a better price point.

Voller is arguably the best tall striker, that Al-Owairan is up there with Mbappe, pretty much all the midfielders and defenders are better than players similar.

I prefer a slower curve but when you kind of F' it into hyperdrive and then try go back it just doesnt work, all the promos are dead, all the WC feature players are dead etc, there were solid RB cards, solid other promo cards that were destroyed by WC Heroes release when looking at just stats.

Like take Ljungberg for example, he is crazy good for 60/70k? So many of them are juiced far too much.

Batman

I dont know why they neglect icons, a pace boost would have been worthy, it does look like they have slowed the power curve though which I dont particularly agree with at this point.

You cant release mega boosted WC Heroes which pretty much out do 99% of the players and even icons and then go back to crap.

A lot of squads I face are Hero heavy and its understandable why as they're just so much better than a lot of options and at a better price point.

Voller is arguably the best tall striker, that Al-Owairan is up there with Mbappe, pretty much all the midfielders and defenders are better than players similar.

I prefer a slower curve but when you kind of F' it into hyperdrive and then try go back it just doesnt work, all the promos are dead, all the WC feature players are dead etc, there were solid RB cards, solid other promo cards that were destroyed by WC Heroes release when looking at just stats.

Like take Ljungberg for example, he is crazy good for 60/70k? So many of them are juiced far too much.
It's all driven to maximize profits. People feel like they want to plow money into packs while these cards are available and that's reinforced by seeing how sh*t the rest of the promo cards are in comparison. So you have people willing to part with their money for packs and then their fodder for Hero SBCs for a chance at one of these OP cards and most end up disappointed but ready to try again the next time. It goes to show you how crazy things have gotten that Nakata and Okocha have more value as Heroes than they ever had as Icons. You'd rather one of them than all but a dozen or so Icons.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Yeah that should give you a good return eventually. I'm done with SB too, too boring. I'm also not even promoting to Elite in Rivals, no real value in sweating that much. I didn't bother with WL this weekend either. Just hoping to find a tactic or get a really fun player to make the game more enjoyable but if it doesn't happen then it doesn't.

SB is the most pointless mode they've ever had in Fifa, they should make it more like a manager mode where you can watch the match unfolding and make changes, or allow you to simulate it.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Said it time and time again they need to just make it you vs actual leagues, Premier League, Serie A, La Liga etc etc, all the licenced leagues and even the unlicensed, win one league then onto the next one, then the Champions League etc.

Once you've unlocked them all just pick a league of your choice, then pick a difficulty, whichever difficulty you pick determines your coin reward for where you finish, win the league its 100k or something I dunno, probably should be more for playing SB as its so boring.

Batman

SB is the most pointless mode they've ever had in Fifa, they should make it more like a manager mode where you can watch the match unfolding and make changes, or allow you to simulate it.
Yeah it was kind of novel initially but quickly got old. Honestly the whole game is stale and pointless. I've barely played the last few weeks. I've got a 9 million coin untradeable R9 that I don't use because the clowns at EA still haven't fixed his generic face and body type. It doesn't even feel like an R9 card. Only EA could leave the most expensive card in the game broken for a month.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Think if i will have this team, i will be done with this FIFA.

Felix, Smolarek and Kewell instead of Dembele, Kean and Nakata which I have at the moment. Have around 1,5kk left, so these players I could afford.

Tomori and Theo would be just luxury upgrades for my Inform versions of them, but would be nice to have.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Think if i will have this team, i will be done with this FIFA.

Felix, Smolarek and Kewell instead of Dembele, Kean and Nakata which I have at the moment. Have around 1,5kk left, so these players I could afford.

Tomori and Theo would be just luxury upgrades for my Inform versions of them, but would be nice to have.

I have that Vieira and tbh he's completely OP, play him as a DM next to two mobile CMs and you let nothing through at all :lol:

Batman

Packed Sol out of a Prime Gold Players pack the day after us smacking the Spuds. Feel it's an omen lol.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

If anyone here plays Seasons, head-to-head (PS5) and wants to kick a ball about, let me know.
I'm Division 2/1 and would be cool to play w/ a fellow gooner. PM me

Latest posts+

Top Bottom