• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Final Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Has anybody played the series? Ive only played 8 and 9 on PS1 back in the day when i friend borrowed them to me. At first i hated them but got used to it. Great story lines,

Was going to get 12 but my PS2 is ****ed. Disk wont spin.

Lukazan

Established Member
Played and completed 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. FF7 is the best game I've played and 9 isn't far behind. 8 is good, and 10 is decent but I don't like the voices.

FF12 is horrid. They've changed the battle system and it just doesn't feel like FF. FF10-2 was pointless and FF Online I've not bothered with.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Thats what ive been hearing also. You love or hate 12. Hows the story line? You cant change the game play. Its one of the best things about the game.

I clocked both 8 and 9. Nine probably had the best start of all time with the kidnap and that. Great story. I especially enjoyed playing and watching Vivi journey. I also enjoyed the ladies man Zidane and the comedy bits in the game. The clowns where annoying as hell though.

I never got to play 7 but the general opinion is that its the best. I hope its remade on ps3. Graphics are just too bad looking back now.

dos1986

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Played and completed 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. FF7 is the best game I've played and 9 isn't far behind. 8 is good, and 10 is decent but I don't like the voices.

FF12 is horrid. They've changed the battle system and it just doesn't feel like FF. FF10-2 was pointless and FF Online I've not bothered with.

:eek: You like 9 more than 8 or 10....wow having played them all (1-12) including 11 online game which was good and Crystal Chronicles on gamecube....I would say 9 was the worst for me after the ridiculus FFX part 2.....Final fantasy 7 is incredible I still play it to this day,I actually downloaded the pc version ff7 ultima the other day because my ps1 game keeps getting scratched and I have already bought 4 versions of it...the good thing about the ultima edition is that you dont need the disks in to play, once you run the setup it all runs from the pc, which means i will never damage the disks and i can keep the game for ever.... :p

I have made some good videos on youtube (well me and my bro did)

HERE

Rest Of My vids

>YounGunner<

Established Member
dos1986 said:
Lukazan said:

:eek: You like 9 more than 8 or 10....wow having played them all (1-12) including 11 online game which was good and Crystal Chronicles on gamecube....I would say 9 was the worst for me after the ridiculus FFX part 2.....Final fantasy 7 is incredible I still play it to this day,I actually downloaded the pc version ff7 ultima the other day because my ps1 game keeps getting scratched and I have already bought 4 versions of it...the good thing about the ultima edition is that you dont need the disks in to play, once you run the setup it all runs from the pc, which means i will never damage the disks and i can keep the game for ever.... :p

HERE

Rest Of My vids

Damnnnnnnn! Your an addict. What so bad about 9. Was a great game.

The gay American cheesy voices put me off 10.

By the way do you think 12 is worth buying?

nazo

Established Member
I played 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and still haven't beat 12 because i stopped playing it for a while and never got back to it.

The numbering for the series (the first 6 ff's) is messed up, so i might have made a mistake with some. In japan ff6 is ff3 and stuff like that.

The best for me was probably 7, then 10, 8, 9, 6 (the one with Kefka the clown), 4, 5, 2 and 1.

I thought ff6 was a great ff and it would be higher on my list if i haven't played it such a long time ago. I don't remember some stuff in it.

dos1986

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
dos1986 said:
Lukazan said:

HERE

Rest Of My vids

Damnnnnnnn! Your an addict. What so bad about 9. Was a great game.

The gay American cheesy voices put me off 10.

By the way do you think 12 is worth buying?

9 was ok...I just couldnt get into it....the main character Zidane,was weak and a real let down from the brillant Squall and Cloud....the problem I had with the game was the characters and the storyline...FF7 and 8 had some remarkable characters like Rinoa,Tifa,Sephiroth,Seifer etc but 9 didnt have that..I didnt like the whole style either,the main charater Zidane having a tail,steiner dressed like a canon,Vivi looking like a black mage,Freya was a horse...the music was good but no where near 7,8 and 10...the characters were a farce imo....was still a good game though with a good storyline..

FF12 is an excellent game,but its the most complicated final fantasy ever....the storyline is written like shakespeare,everything is written backwards and is very complicated...I played the game half way through and was lost and just started again...Its that confusing...Its much different from previous final fantasy's but the battle system,is great,its like a cross between kingdom hearts and final fantasy 7....perfect balance imo...

The characters are very good,voice acting is brillant,Balthier is one of the best final fantasy characters ever,his voice is perfect,he's like Auron from FF10 and barret from FF7,a strong dominant character....the main girl character isnt great though,and not a patch on rinoa and Aeris..nor is the main character Vaan,who is a poor leading man,when compared to Cloud,Squall,Tidus....

In all its well worth buying,gameplay is unreal,the one bad thing about the game is Nobuo Uematsu doesnt do the music,so there is no main theme that stands out like the Zanarkand from FF10 and Aeris theme for FF7....In short brillant game/very complicated that needs your attention and should be played every day to appreciate it to its fullest...its very long too...If your a fan you will love it..

Lukazan

Established Member
I really liked FF9. It was much like FF games of old and was nothing ground-breaking in terms of following on from 7 and 8, but it didn't need to be.

spartan239

For me nothing will ever beat ff7, i still play a new game from time to time, it has everything and I cant think of many rpgs ever that are better (kotr1 is just about on a par)

>YounGunner<

Established Member
9 was ok...I just couldnt get into it....the main character Zidane,was weak and a real let down from the brillant Squall and Cloud....the problem I had with the game was the characters and the storyline...FF7 and 8 had some remarkable characters like Rinoa,Tifa,Sephiroth,Seifer etc but 9 didnt have that..I didnt like the whole style either,the main charater Zidane having a tail,steiner dressed like a canon,Vivi looking like a black mage,Freya was a horse...the music was good but no where near 7,8 and 10...the characters were a farce imo....was still a good game though with a good storyline..

I disagree with you.Zidane was a great character imo. His relationships with all the characters where great and the way he was always trying to get Dagger. His tail made him stand out from the rest, he was a different race. He was also quite funny and cocky which was a breath of fresh air from the likes of Squall who is a right depressed bastard(great character though)

Dagger also made a decent main girl. I liked how she wanted to escape and learned to become a different person going away from her royalty status into her own journey.

Vivi was one of the best characters of all time. He was a black mage but never really knew his power. And then found out about his race and how they where created etc. Powerful as **** aswell. He was naive and had a great little journey. Also the little hanger at the end, did he die or not? Kept you thinking.

Freya was also a solid character. It was a great part of the game where you had to try to save her people and land from those mages and the forces of alexandra(sp?) Also when she was looking for her long lost.

Imo You where probably used to the modern versions and when they went back to classical Final fantasy was probably a shock to you as they where doing well with the modern versions of 7 and 8.

Big_Cake

Lukazan said:

Lukazan my opinion of you has gone up tenfold. In fact my opinion of all you AM members who have played the greatest gaming series of all time, has gone up!
It is quite simply immense!
For me though its

8- great characters, the card game was amazing and I just loved the depth of the game
7 - First one I ever played, in fact its the first game I got on playstation. Hated it when I first played it, but perserveered and was mightily impressed!
9 - Quality game, but a bit cartoony for my liking
10/10-2 - never liked them. For me a world map (a proper one) is what makes Final fantasy final fantasy.
11 - never played
12 - unfortunately I have been very skint (all my money goes on Alcohol and Arsenal) but i will get it.

Big_Cake

Dos - great vids mate, very nice. Also love the fact you have played 1-12, you are even more of a FF addict than me - and I have played chrystal chronicles and 6 as well as 7,8,9,10,10-2.

So are you guys RPG fans in general then?
I am!!
Apart from the FF series, my list is

Baldurs gate 2 - ****ing immense
Baldurs gate
Vagrant story
Oblivion - replaying it now, got to the end once and the game crashed!! This time i am doing all the quests. Great game, I hate the oblivion gates though - so boring

Gurgen

Established Member
BG2 still the best RPG for me, Planescape Torment has one of the best stories ever though, close second.

Big_Cake

Gurgen said:
BG2 still the best RPG for me, Planescape Torment has one of the best stories ever though, close second.

To be honest FF7/8 vs Baldurs Gate two is a really really tough call

Baldurs Gate 2 was fantastic, I loved the secret characters especially (Edwin you ledge) and the character creation and gameplay was mesmeric. Throne of Bhaal wasn't half bad either, but Wachers keep was a bit short and easy for my liking
So what character were you in Baldurs Gate? I was Totemic Druid called Torque - ****ing immense character - had it all - fighting ability, super power full spells and could morph into mighty creatures as well

Ah the memories

N!

Big_Cake said:
Dos - great vids mate, very nice. Also love the fact you have played 1-12, you are even more of a FF addict than me - and I have played chrystal chronicles and 6 as well as 7,8,9,10,10-2.

I am!!

Baldurs gate 2 - f****g immense
Baldurs gate
Vagrant story
Oblivion - replaying it now, got to the end once and the game crashed!! This time i am doing all the quests. Great game, I hate the oblivion gates though - so boring

you played on Morrowind mate?

i MUCH prefer that to Oblivion. But then again, my PC can't handle Oblivion and i got it on Xbox but that has just packed up! :(

j'nuh

Final Fantasy 7 is the best computer game ever made. Absolutely no question.

8 was class, 9 was pretty good. The rest arnt worth bothering with.

I've clocked 7 about 27 times and it never gets boring.

Big_Cake

N! said:
Big_Cake said:

I am!!

Baldurs gate 2 - f****g immense
Baldurs gate
Vagrant story

you played on Morrowind mate?

i MUCH prefer that to Oblivion. But then again, my PC can't handle Oblivion and i got it on Xbox but that has just packed up! :(

No never played Morrowind, I just assumed it was like Oblivion but not as good tbh, however I have always planned to play it one day, is the gameplay any different?

@Youngunner - You gotta play Baldurs Gate 2 - its just as good as the FF series, play Oblivion as well, its fantastic

Big_Cake

j'nuh said:
Final Fantasy 7 is the best computer game ever made. Absolutely no question.

8 was class, 9 was pretty good. The rest arnt worth bothering with.

I've clocked 7 about 27 times and it never gets boring.

Have you killed Ruby weapon on 7? Thats one thing I never did. But 7 was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The story sucked my in completely, just thinking about Final Fantasy 7 sends shivers down my spine.....
On 8 I defeated the all the Card champion people, but I was shocked the grand champion was Quistis! But I never killed that weapon (can't remember which one it was) when you have to go down all those different levels in the ground

Big_Cake

>YounGunner< said:
The only RPG ive really played is FF.

By the way has anyone seen the ff 13 trailer for ps3?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jao_LESry ... ed&search=

From what i'm seeing i dont like how it looks at all. If i'm stupid then correct me but is that the gameplay? because it you can see life and that going away?

Too quick a bit like devil may cry.

I have seen that before actually and i quite like the look of it. it is fast yes, but you can still see it has all the essential FF elements like damage and life and exp. Tbh it looks to me like a faster FF8l, and the women in the video looks like,.....

rinoa.jpg

She is fit as f*** :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom