• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Finally........... Reyes for Baptista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal316

This topic was created first, so this will go Arsenal Talk.

As for the move, it's a good temporary solution for now. Hopefully both players perform well, and it will lead to permanent moves in the future.

Trick

A bit of strength in midfield, great.

But hows it all going to line up?

rosicky(left) gilberto? baptista lungberg

Surely not going to drop fabregas.

Though if hes going to try 5 in midfield this season then ill be interested to see the results.

Rosicky Baptista Fab Lungberg
Gilberto

Ohhh happy days :)

Army of Me

Established Member
all I can say is...

thank **** he's gone.

I always thought he was useless, we're far better off now with Baptista and he hasn't even kicked a ball for us.

jester

Established Member
well we finally get the man wengers wanted for so long.
he's strong, he's big, he's good in the air, he's good at shooting too.
the bit of muscle we've needed for so long

asajoseph

Established Member
Want to know the purchase clause in his contract, but he offers us several things we don't have, and is genuinely class.

Will score bags of goals for us, and shouldn't stand for any of Wenger's 'pass it aroundt he six-yard box' bullplop.

AGooner

What if Baptista plays well and Reyes doesn't? Reyes value will drop and Baptista will rush back to the Bernabau? I hope this deal was well thought out and not rushed through.

Although I have to say I'm happy to get the pitbull, Reyes was getting to be a real pain in the a*s.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Anyone know how much we paid for Reyes in the end? £10.5m up front, but were any of the additional clauses activated?

Seabass

I'm quite pleased by this, but I have to admit that I really haven't seen much at all of Baptista. Could someone offer a quick summary of his playing style? Maybe which players he reminds you of as well?

Gurgen

Established Member
Top player, provides many things we lack and is one mean bastard.

Very good business by Arsène and DD.

Sketch

don't want to put a downer on things but why only loan a player we know doesn't want to paly for anymore, his price now depends on his performance, would prefer to have the capital in the bag already,

anyway very happy about baptista, also curious as to where wenger is gonna use him, i think in the difficult knock out matches we will revert to 4-5-1 again it works, i am a fan of the offensive 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 on defense, we shall see

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Well at least the BEAST wont be intimidated by anyone on the team like that little prick Reyes was. Always scared of King Henry man. Watch the Beast is gonna regret not coming here eariler. His body type was built for the premiership!!!

kopzilla

Always Negative
im happy we have made use of reyes .

i have a feeling that baptista will do better overhere than at madrid .

its his stubborn attitude which worries me ..hopefully wenger will tame the beast

long live Le prof ..

Army of Me

Established Member
Seabass said:
I'm quite pleased by this, but I have to admit that I really haven't seen much at all of Baptista. Could someone offer a quick summary of his playing style? Maybe which players he reminds you of as well?
youtube.com --> julio baptista

Don Pacifico

Established Member
AGooner said:
What if Baptista plays well and Reyes doesn't? Reyes value will drop and Baptista will rush back to the Bernabau? I hope this deal was well thought out and not rushed through.

Although I have to say I'm happy to get the pitbull, Reyes was getting to be a real pain in the a*s.

I would have probably thought that we have already agreed a fee to be paid if the deal becomes permanent, so that is not a worry. Good riddance to Reyes...so....where will Baptista play???

If:

CM---what happens to Cesc? what happens to Gilberto?
LW---good enough on the wing to be a direct replacement for JAR?
CF---What happens to Ade, RVP?

Or will he just be an extremely versatile squad player????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom