• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

First Exclusive shots of FIFA 09

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
but that has little to do with the game I reckon. more so with the broad band expansion in Europe

You play 360 or ps3? I hardly ever have lag in any game on xbox-live, heck I cna even download and play at the same time. but Sweden is very developed broadband wise

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Rocafella said:
in theory that sounds great, but it just wouldn't work. people would be running all over the pitch aimlessley, just trying to mess the game up for everybody else.

couldn't the same be said for any shooter, the experience playing with a solid team in battlefield, CS or whatever is way above the experience just playing deathmatches or random games

Jinn

Established Member
I play with PS3.
Trying to get 10 people simultaneously connected to the game with no lag is nigh on impossible. Makes the game much more difficult to play and it levels out everyone's skills.

RC8

Established Member
Was anyone else disappointed with how inferior the PS3 version of FIFA is to that of XBOX360? I was shocked when I tried it 3 weeks ago. I even expected it to be superior (seeing as the PS3 is more expensive), but it turns out that the grass is still bi-dimensional and the gameplay is much more limited.

Rocafella

Established Member
Read an article saying that on Fifa 09 there will be the option of 10 vs 10. Only the Goalkeeper will be computer controlled. RC8, EA have also said they've reached parity between the consoles now, so there should be hardly any difference between each console.

entropy13

Established Member
Key features - PC

* Detailed, authentic gameplay — Gamers will be able to enjoy gameplay that has enjoyed years of improvement and innovations. Details such as quick freekicks, hidden throw-ins, updated collision animations and shielding delivers a complete football experience.
* Leading Edge Visual Quality — FIFA 09 on PC now delivers the jump in quality demanded by PC gamers around the world. The latest shader and visual techniques leverage hi-spec graphics cards for a visually spectacular recreation of the beautiful game.
* PC Specific Controls - Customizable mouse and keyboard control configurations deliver PC-specific control unique to sports games. Determine exactly where you want the ball played with a click of the mouse button. Furthermore, send your players on pin-point accurate runs using similar commands.
* PC Connected Experience — A unique, fully customizable widget design integrated into the menu system. You determine what information you receive directly through your game from online rankings and the Interactive Leagues to real-world football news.
* Pro Skill Moves — Use your mouse to draw trick plays or perform one of 32 skill moves, including new scoop turns, rainbow flicks, heel-to-heel knocks and ball rolls.
* EA SPORTS™ Interactive Leagues: – Represent your club online in the Barclays Premier League, Bundesliga, Italian League, French League or Mexican 1st Division. Play and knock–off rival clubs more often in new-to-PC Rivals Match-up option.
* Manager Mode – New options for pre-season friendlies, and the ability to create formations to customize your club for each opponent.
* Tournament Mode – Play 61 tournaments, including 42 officially licensed ones, or create one of your own.
* Challenge Mode – Take on the challenge of overcoming a variety of difficult scenarios to earn rewards and unlockables.
* Complete Authenticity — Featuring over 500 licensed teams and 30 leagues accurately represented with correct kits and badges.

w00t :D

entropy13

Established Member
YeahBee said:
meh who wants to play sports games on a PC anyway?

Me. Because my "latest" gaming console is a PlayStation and my "latest" handheld gaming console is GameBoy Color. 8))

James

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2kWTlPpKF4&fmt=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2kWTlPpKF4&fmt=18</a>

Looks incredible. Ronaldo's stance and the way he strikes it looks spot on.

nazo

Established Member
Looks good but i want to play it to understand how good it is. A demo should be coming sometime soon i think.

nazo

Established Member
PC Demo out right now: <a class="postlink" href="http://eu.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/easports/fifa/fifa09/fifa09_demo_eu.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://eu.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/ ... emo_eu.exe</a> best link i've found (speed is 1mb/s for me)

360 and ps3 demo should be out tomorrow.

nazo

Established Member
Apparently the ps store in europe won't be updated today (technical issues, delayed till tomorrow). I'm not sure if it's the same for the rest of the world but if it isn't, just make a north america account and get the demo or any other demos north america gets.

Smartly Dressed Morris

just set up a usa account on my ps3 , downloading fifa 09 now :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/about3467.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/about3467.html</a>

James

Established Member
After the first play, i love it already. Alot smoother, and quicker, but in a good sense. They've improved on 08 which was brilliant in itself. I really think they may have just pulled even further away from PES.

Smartly Dressed Morris

James said:
After the first play, i love it already. Alot smoother, and quicker, but in a good sense. They've improved on 08 which was brilliant in itself. I really think they may have just pulled even further away from PES.

I agree , love the physical tweaks and now even more realistic.

Top Bottom