• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

First Exclusive shots of FIFA 09

James

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I've never had the update, so I wouldn't know. I've been training with Brazil though, they are absolutely lethal.
Clubs is an original feature. Similar to Be A Pro (although you also have the option to play as 'any'), just with your mates, and you're placed in divisions etc.

Ultimate Team, however, became extremely tedious within a month.

entropy13

Established Member
I've just got the game (PC), no updates yet, and I trashed Boro 13-0. Cesc, Rosicky, RVP, Ade, Denilson, Nasri all scored, even Theo and Eduardo who subbed for Nasri and RVP. It is just Semi-Pro though, I was just "feeling it" for now. I messed up the controls though (forgot which is which besides the passing/tackling, shooting and player switch buttons), so they almost scored because I initially can't make Almunia run forward towards Afonso Alves. :p

They were 100% on target, but only had two shots. I'm a measly 44% on target but I had more than 30 shots.

outlaw_member

Established Member
James said:
Clubs is an original feature. Similar to Be A Pro (although you also have the option to play as 'any'), just with your mates, and you're placed in divisions etc.

Ultimate Team, however, became extremely tedious within a month.

You've just gone on and confused me even further. :D

I never played Ultimate Team, but it didn't sound appealing at all.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Does anyone here try and score from crossing the ball in?

Do you have to look and pick out an unmarked player? Some players are taller and are better at heading e.g Ade.

I never cross the ball because I never score from it but I sometimes when I play people online all they do is cross it in and it does nothing.

entropy13

Established Member
Unforgiven said:
Does anyone here try and score from crossing the ball in?

Do you have to look and pick out an unmarked player? Some players are taller and are better at heading e.g Ade.

I never cross the ball because I never score from it but I sometimes when I play people online all they do is cross it in and it does nothing.

I scored from a cross against AC Milan earlier. Nasri crossed the ball, and RVP heads it in (not Ade, but he got a brace in that game).

I usually try crossing IF I can, because you never know you might get lucky and score from it. :mrgreen:

tam1886

Established Member
Quite a lot of my attacks involving wing play and crossing. With Arshavin and Walcott on the wings it's hard not to get past your man and whip it towards Adebayor. A bit of practice and you should get better at picking out players and heading on goal.

nazo

Established Member
most of my attacking moves involve the wings. but once i get far enough i check to see if someone is running through the middle (i do an early cross). if not, i just pass around like an idiot until i lose the ball. other than that i always try 1-2's through the middle.

entropy13

Established Member
I'm a "mixed" sort of person. If Nasri, RVP, Ade, Cesc, Rosicky gets some space I try making long shots. If I'm crossing with either Clichy, Sagna, Nasri or Rosicky I mixed it up still, using an early or even a late cross. Sometimes the latter involves an owngoal, sometimes the keeper gets to it, sometimes the defender heads it outside the box and I usually get the ball back. I also try some 1-2's through the middle, and I make a lot of through balls as well.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Adebayor is brilliant in the air, and you can score so many headers with him. With Arsenal, I usually deploy a midfield of;

-----Adebayor
Arshavin Walcott
------Cesc-
---Diaby-Rosicky

Get it wide and put in crosses, or cut inside and try play through the middle. You can do both with that formation.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I've got to the point in this game where I win by a three goal margin pretty much everytime - it's become boring. All you need do is a step over and your free to dink it over the keeeper or slam it past him.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
If you are playing ranked set the skill level to within 5 levels. I can guarantee you you won't be winning by 3 goal margin. I'm a level 32 so I play within levels 27 - 37.

nazo

Established Member
fifa 2001? I remember playing it on pc and you pressed Q i think to make the player actually attack another player. It was perfect when playing against a friend while he's on a 1v1 against the gk in the last 5 minutes of the match.

tam1886

Established Member
The one with the indoor pitch was great.

This is something I always end up talking about with my mates when we're drunk. The different features and music of all the old FIFA games, don't have a clue why though.

Unforgiven

Established Member
I had fifa 2002 and I had it on slow mode (I think) for the whole time I had it by accident, I always wondered why it was so slow and ****.

Top Bottom