• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FM 2007

Gurgen

Established Member
Here's two class regens I have in my team right now:

Lamour is probably my best defender ever.

I sold Fabregas, who wanted a 'new challenge' (don't know why the prat wanted anything after winning 5 consecutive league and CL doubles) and replaced him with Lowry. Then I won another league and CL double, while Cesc won fk all at Inter.
Happy times.

nazo

Established Member
Isn't Lowry almost identical to Cesc (but he's English). That Lamour dude looks pretty solid too.

Gurgen

Established Member
He is, that's why I was confident he could replace him. He's not as solid mentally as Cesc, but he does have a knack for scoring spectacular goals that Cesc didn't have.

I've spent a lot of money between 2008-2013, now I'm trying to do a Wenger and slowly replace the RvP generation with youth.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Rocafella said:
Good player, looks more suited to be a striker then a DM/AMC. He's English too, there's a suprise lol.
Disagree, he looks like a classic AMC to me.

Man, I wish I hadn't deleted FM and my Genoa game now... :(

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
entropy13 said:
qs said:
Phils immense in FM though.

Djourou turns out to be better though, and at least for the "Home-grown" status Djourou is HG and trained at Arsenal.

in my heydays with reading, i bought phil for 2m.

PL, CL, FA, CC and whatever nonsense cups, you name it i've got it. phil was my skipper for 9 seasons and a very commanding one too. averaging around 5-7 goals per season.

thanks to big phil. best european CB and switzerland even won the worldcup with him as their skipper.

djourou was immense at real madrid at that time. the last time i checked, his price tag was £15+m. quite a hefty price for a 24 y.o. CB. still can't beat phil. he was the most expensive CB at 25 - £45m. the best thing was he never wanted to move to other big clubs.

arsenal were pretty sh*t after 4 seasons. just a UEFA team if i can remember.

but my fate drastically changed when i managed pompey. i sucked in every competition you can name. i sucked big time at time. even with scott sinclair scoring almost 30 goals per season, pompey still couldn't get in the top 4. i can get 5 winning streaks in one time no problem but it can and will end in 10 losing streak. curse you pompey.

xcdude24

Established Member
Started over with Villa. I've signed:

-Eduardo
-Corluka
-Modric
-Lucas

I'm undefeated and top of the table in mid-september. It was strange though, Corluka had his work permit denied, so I offered him a new contract, and he was suddenly able to play. Weird.

I've got about 4 million pounds to spare, so I think i'm gonna either go after Bale or Ratinho- though I was having a really hard time buying Ratinho last window.

entropy13

Established Member
xcdude24 said:
Started over with Villa. I've signed:

-Eduardo
-Corluka
-Modric
-Lucas

I'm undefeated and top of the table in mid-september. It was strange though, Corluka had his work permit denied, so I offered him a new contract, and he was suddenly able to play. Weird.

I've got about 4 million pounds to spare, so I think i'm gonna either go after Bale or Ratinho- though I was having a really hard time buying Ratinho last window.

That happened to me as well...though not with Corluka. He's with Milan in the game I think.

Gurgen

Established Member
If a player is yours but doesn't have a work permit you can get him one by offering him a new contract. If all goes well he will automatically receive the WP, if not you'll get a message 'player X has been denied a WP for his new contract' or something like that.

entropy13

Established Member
ArsenalwithoutVieira said:
Jasard said:
Got this unofficial patch, has all the latest happenings including the transfers updated in it.

http://files.filefront.com/FMFs+DB+Upda ... o.html/11/

this update once downloaded- then what do i do?

Extract it to "Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2007/db" (or the like). Well that's where I extract it...you can extract it to the one on the My Documents folder instead of the Program Files one.

entropy13

Established Member
ok ive extracted it- but nothing has happened- whenever i start a new game nothing is different.

When you start a new game there will be a window where you'll select the database to use.

regele

Established Member
entropy13 said:
ok ive extracted it- but nothing has happened- whenever i start a new game nothing is different.

When you start a new game there will be a window where you'll select the database to use.
Nope, there isn't, I've reinstalled the game too because it's supposed to fix this, but there still isn't, I can see the database from the editor, but I can't select it for the game.

nazo

Established Member
Off the official si site, but if you're using a cracked version you need to find a new crack/no-cd/blah.

gunnerGH

Established Member
I cannot see it either

Then when I try to load the database in the editor it fails with "The database failed to Load"

Any ideas?

Rocafella

Established Member
Gurgen said:
If a player is yours but doesn't have a work permit you can get him one by offering him a new contract. If all goes well he will automatically receive the WP, if not you'll get a message 'player X has been denied a WP for his new contract' or something like that.

It's annoying as hell. Tried to sign Gyan who is an absolute tank but he can't get a permit.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Decided to have another go with Arsenal last night. Man this game is too addictive! Just before midnight I thought "hmmm I fancy some Football Manager, I'll just start a game for an hour then go to bed."
3am I finally get into bed. :lol:

Amazing injury crisis already! Of course, Senderos, Diaby and Clichy start already out for several months each. Then in pre-season I lost Denilson for 4 months, Hoyte for 3 months, Gallas for a month, Walcott for a couple of weeks. All right before my CL qualifier.

And I made a major **** up with selecting my squad of 25 for the CL qualifiers, I forgot Jens was suspended for the 1st match and only picked him and Almunia with no 3rd keeper. Then the day before the match, Almunia gets injured in training! I've played loads of different manager games on several different platforms, and this is the first time in my life I've ever had a goalkeeper injured. So I had to play Flamini in goal! :lol:
He seemed to be the only one with a goalkeeper rating of 2, the rest were 1. Amazinly won 2-0.

Signed Eduardo and trying to sell Henry to try and keep things as realistic as possible. Inter offered 57 million for Henry. 33m up front and 24m in instalments over 6 months. So I accepted, and he agreed terms with them. But then the deal fell through because they couldn't afford it! Why did they offer it then? :lol:
Eduardo's work permit was denied, but I appealed and he got it.

Top Bottom