• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FM 2012

Reeson4

Anzac said:
Our squad for the next installment is going to be fun.
Prior to this I was thinking about giving us a miss on FM.

I was thinking the exact same thing, Im getting to an age now where im gonna have to consider giving it up especially having two children..

but i think il be playing for another year based on the signings we have made this year..

Anzac

Established Member
Reeson4 said:
Anzac said:
Our squad for the next installment is going to be fun.
Prior to this I was thinking about giving us a miss on FM.

I was thinking the exact same thing, Im getting to an age now where im gonna have to consider giving it up especially having two children..

but i think il be playing for another year based on the signings we have made this year..

Mate I'm closer to retirement age than anything & have 3 kids at Home (13, 8 & 2), with another on the way.
I don't get much time for anything & have to split my time between a game OR talking here,
yet FM is the 1 game on my list EVERY season - even if I do tend to give up in every game with AFC as soon as I smash either Real or Barca in the CL (and then I start again with new formation & players & do it all again, and again , and again). :wink:

Herbas

How much attention do you guys give for each upcoming match? Do you check your opponents for weaknesses or just have 1-2 formations (home & away) and that's it?

I never was really successful in FM games despite giving them quite a lot of time, but when I read about how others succeed and play many many seasons, it seems like they just pick 1 formation and rush through seasons without much tinkering. I don't really get how they do that.

Usually (I'm talking more about 06-09 versions of FM) I manage to gather a team which has players with far better attributes than opponents, but it's just wildly inconsistent: VERY good for half a season, but then performs extremely badly for a couple of months. Seems like my tactics are suddenly cracked by PC and I can't do much afterwards to get me back to winning (staying in the same tactics, drastic changes, mild tweaks seem to take similar amount of time).

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Herbas said:
How much attention do you guys give for each upcoming match? Do you check your opponents for weaknesses or just have 1-2 formations (home & away) and that's it?

I never was really successful in FM games despite giving them quite a lot of time, but when I read about how others succeed and play many many seasons, it seems like they just pick 1 formation and rush through seasons without much tinkering. I don't really get how they do that.

Usually (I'm talking more about 06-09 versions of FM) I manage to gather a team which has players with far better attributes than opponents, but it's just wildly inconsistent: VERY good for half a season, but then performs extremely badly for a couple of months. Seems like my tactics are suddenly cracked by PC and I can't do much afterwards to get me back to winning (staying in the same tactics, drastic changes, mild tweaks seem to take similar amount of time).

These were the glory years in my opinion, the game has lost a lot of it's appeal since then.

entropy13

Established Member
Update: Oct 29, 2042 now and Arsenal are still winning everything (trophy wise, not matches wise). Except for the two times I lost the Champions League Final (and therefore that also meant missing out twice on both the Euro Super Cup and the World Club Championship).

Starting in 2041 I "increased" the size of the youth team in terms of the number of players. Most of my transfer expenditures are buying young players.

For comparison's sake, Barcelona's U19 team currently has 31 players. Arsenal's U18 team used to have no more than 23 or 24. Now the U18 team has 29 players.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
entropy13 said:
Update: Oct 29, 2042 now and Arsenal are still winning everything (trophy wise, not matches wise). Except for the two times I lost the Champions League Final (and therefore that also meant missing out twice on both the Euro Super Cup and the World Club Championship).

Starting in 2041 I "increased" the size of the youth team in terms of the number of players. Most of my transfer expenditures are buying young players.

For comparison's sake, Barcelona's U19 team currently has 31 players. Arsenal's U18 team used to have no more than 23 or 24. Now the U18 team has 29 players.

Jesus Christ, 2042!! The furthest I've ever got was 2019!

What's your addictedness rating?

entropy13

Established Member
Taylor Gang Gunners said:

I've reached 2043 in FM 2011, and 2044 in FM 2009. Only 2039 in FM 2008 though.

Addictedness Rating? "Nothing to see here, move along..." :lol:

And Arsenal are playing in an almost 90k capacity indoor statium (retractable roof) named after me, or the name of the manager I used to represent myself at least. :p

pikey2000

Can't wait for the next instalment. Normally November time isn't it?

I love seeing whether or not I can transform Wenger's men to title winners.

One thing is a definite for this year, I will set my tackling to tough for the UTD matches and make sure Frimpong is man marking RVP in a best effort to injure him :lol:

If the game were out now I would be looking to do the following straight away.

1. Sale Walcott.
2. Purchase a right winger to play in his position.
3. Sale Djourou and attempt to offload Squillaci.
4. Promote Miquel to first team duties.
5. Sign Debuchy.
6. Attempt to offload Chamakh.
7. Sale Gervinho.
8. Purchase a replacement left winger.
9. Purchase a young striker to groom behind Giroud.
10. Sale Fabianksi and Mannone
11. Attempt to sign Friedel/Given/Schwarzer

Outcome. Win a small cup, make the champions league. Declare the season sucesful as we made a profit and made the champions league for the 100th year running :mrgreen:

entropy13

Established Member
I did one key edit with my Arsenal game though: Changed the away kit into yellow. Because the away kit is the one used even though the home kit of the opposing team is also blue.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
entropy13 said:

I've reached 2043 in FM 2011, and 2044 in FM 2009. Only 2039 in FM 2008 though.

Addictedness Rating? "Nothing to see here, move along..." :lol:

And Arsenal are playing in an almost 90k capacity indoor statium (retractable roof) named after me, or the name of the manager I used to represent myself at least. :p

I'd always wondered what happened if I got that far with FM. Having a stadium named after you is crazy!

I'm going to start a new save now, until FM 13 comes out, to see how far I get, wish me luck!

entropy13

Established Member
I'd always wondered what happened if I got that far with FM. Having a stadium named after you is crazy!

For other teams it's usually a stadium named after a player (Juventus have the Torres Stadium, Fiorentina have the Nkurikiye Park, Chelsea have the Zola Park), or just the club itself (Tottenham, Malaga, Wolfsburg, Valenciennes FC, Montpellier Herault SC Stadiums). Bayern has the Hitzfeld Arena, most likely the only example similar to Arsenal's.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
entropy13 said:
Ajax named their new one after me too.

entropy13

Established Member
entropy13 said:
the Torres Stadium :lol:

Oh it's an Argentinian Torres, played for them in the 2020s-2030s. Fernando Torres never left Chelsea.

So in 2042 are the likes of Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere coaches?

Wilshere, Koscielny, AOC, Ramsey are all staff. Theo didn't become a coach. It's 2049 in-game now for me, so Mertesacker, Henry, Park Chu-Young, have all retired as staff members as well.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
entropy13 said:
Wilshere, Koscielny, AOC, Ramsey are all staff. Theo didn't become a coach. It's 2049 in-game now for me, so Mertesacker, Henry, Park Chu-Young, have all retired as staff members as well.
2051. The game starts to creak after that long, e.g. some missing text and stuff. The weirdest thing, for which I've not found an explanation, is that one year (2047) Ajax is the richest club in the world (approaching 2billion and with 700million+ cash), then bam, they drop to the 30s in rank and are valued at 93million despite said cash, a first XI with an average player value in the 20 millions, no debt, and a new, paid for, stadium. I have to put it down to a bug.

Cruisio

Established Member
I think that’s because as soon as you make 1b in profit, the game can’t take the numbers and puts 100m of that into a “cash reserve” (I have no idea if this ever becomes helpful). I think that might be what you are referring to as then your overall team value goes down. I’m also in year 2049 and with Ajax. Just asked for a new stadium but said they didn’t have enough money when i’ve got £160m sitting in the bank

Basically trying to win the Champions League with them one last time before the new one comes out and I discard it

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Must be something like that (even though I never got to 1 billion in cash), cheers. I won Holland the WC with my players and binned it.

entropy13

Established Member
As Arsenal I'm currently always at around 1 billion in balance, and the club's only valued at around 115m. Besides the "cash reserves" (it goes as "investment" in the expenses iirc), there's also the "dividends" that are quite high. Hence I barely make a profit every year. LOL

Top Bottom