• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Pick one:
1) he's leaving
2) he's crap
3) Arteta is clueless

I have to pick 3 and 1 in that order. The few minutes I saw Balogun playing for the first team he showed nice technical ability, nice movements and very cocky and hunger striker attitude. He even scored.

When I see Nketiah he is always frustrated and mad but in bad way. He had no technical ability. Yes he can press but I don't want a striker who only attribute is chasing defenders.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Does he have beef with Eddie? I just feel like we're in danger of turning every non-footbaling thing into drama. I read a post online implying Auba picks and chooses when he plays games because he had to pull out last minute today. Maybe we should mind our business and wait for official news but no, let's create drama.

I'm gonna give Balogun the benefit of doubt and just think he posted an ill-timed video. I don't see why he should target his fellow teammate. Of course there could be a rivalry and they are vying for the same spot but they are under the same agency and known each other for years. If there's anyone be should be pissed at it should be the club and Arteta not Eddie.

Let's say that the post was deliberate then it's a dickish move by Balogun. I know a lot of people rate this as "having character" and "confidence" but team harmony is important and if it causes issues with teammates it could really damage the club. We were very close to relegation and there were loads of leaks of infighting and cliques forming. That's the worse case scenario but it still applies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I have to pick 3 and 1 in that order. The few minutes I saw Balogun playing for the first team he showed nice technical ability, nice movements and very cocky and hunger striker attitude. He even scored.

When I see Nketiah he is always frustrated and mad but in bad way. He had no technical ability. Yes he can press but I don't want a striker who only attribute is chasing defenders.
I disagree, I think Arteta rates Balogun and is willing to give him more chances but I suspect it's not as simplistic as Balogun wants a clear pathway. For one, Nketiah and Lacazette are not long term, with 18 months left on their current contracts they're obviously being primed for a sale in the summer. What is stopping Balogun from signing an extension, going out on loan for the rest of the season and then coming back for the new season to deputise Auba or the new striker? Even if we don't sign a new striker, Auba will have 2 years left so Balogun could be first choice quicker. Surely, you can see why the whole pathway thing seems a bit iffy. The most consistent rebuttal you'll hear is why doesn't Arteta just play him? Well you can't invest too heavily in an asset that's not fully yours. If Balogun has one foot out of the door, shy would you develop the player for another club to reap the benefits? Hence,

I have a theory. I don't think it's to do with minutes, I think it's more than likely it's to do with the financial aspect of the contract or where Arsenal will be the next time contract negotiations are on. When it comes to contracts, there are only one of three things you're concerned about. Money, the manager's plans for you in the team and the trajectory the club is going. Put two and two together and you can tell Arteta has or had big plans for Balogun. There were no talk of contract extensions for his two main rivals and no real talk of Arsenal signing a forward. Therefore Arteta probably envisioned Balo in his plans. That's why I think the other two reasons matter more to the player than playing time.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I disagree, I think Arteta rates Balogun and is willing to give him more chances but I suspect it's not as simplistic as Balogun wants a clear pathway. For one, Nketiah and Lacazette are not long term, with 18 months left on their current contracts they're obviously being primed for a sale in the summer. What is stopping Balogun from signing an extension, going out on loan for the rest of the season and then coming back for the new season to deputise Auba or the new striker? Even if we don't sign a new striker, Auba will have 2 years left so Balogun could be first choice quicker. Surely, you can see why the whole pathway thing seems a bit iffy. The most consistent rebuttal you'll hear is why doesn't Arteta just play him? Well you can't invest too heavily in an asset that's not fully yours. If Balogun has one foot out of the door, shy would you develop the player for another club to reap the benefits? Hence,

I have a theory. I don't think it's to do with minutes, I think it's more than likely it's to do with the financial aspect of the contract or where Arsenal will be the next time contract negotiations are on. When it comes to contracts, there are only one of three things you're concerned about. Money, the manager's plans for you in the team and the trajectory the club is going. Put two and two together and you can tell Arteta has or had big plans for Balogun. There were no talk of contract extensions for his two main rivals and no real talk of Arsenal signing a forward. Therefore Arteta probably envisioned Balo in his plans. That's why I think the other two reasons matter more to the player than playing time.
If you want him to stay and you rate him, you just put a clause with a minimum of minutes to convince him, send out Nketiah in loan or sell him and give him some money.

We are wasting more than 200K in useless Willian and terminated Özil's and Papa contracts.

You just have to admit this club is useless doing business.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol you can’t concede to unrealistic demands of a teenager, sometimes it’s best to let them go. Eddie was Balogun once, but look at him now.

Arteta definitely rates him, but this situation was a dogs dinner long before it got to him. Think it’s partially why our old contracts guy is gone.

Aubamagoal

Apparently, Arteta talks a great talk to every single player. I don't think he can accomodate every person, and make dreams happen for everyone. I'm willing to believe that Arteta's plans for Balogun, or claims that's he's a dream seller, are all a fantasy.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Balogan just telling Arteta what he wants to hear, but his personal motives that Arteta doesn't understand.
Can't blame him - Malen, Bennacer, and even Jeff have done well when they left.

If he proves to be a hit, Arteta will look very foolish. We have a young manager that prefers pecking order vs talent. It took a hail mary of injuries and a perfect storm to get ESR to finally play. Thankfully, he took his opportunity.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What is stopping Balogun from signing an extension, going out on loan for the rest of the season and then coming back for the new season to deputise Auba or the new striker?

If we do not rate Balogun enough to think he's ready to be first choice striker anytime soon then he might as well join another club permanently. I am sure we or another big club will come knocking on his door when he proves himself elsewhere. He gains nothing from signing then going out on loan, that is basically a massive middle finger from the club to him.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Balogan just telling Arteta what he wants to hear, but his personal motives that Arteta doesn't understand.
Can't blame him - Malen, Bennacer, and even Jeff have done well when they left.

If he proves to be a hit, Arteta will look very foolish. We have a young manager that prefers pecking order vs talent. It took a hail mary of injuries and a perfect storm to get ESR to finally play. Thankfully, he took his opportunity.

Hasn’t Nkteiah proven a lot more at their level?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

His agent must be as annoying as Raiola because it's getting ridiculous Bolagun clearly want to stay.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's common for a player to tell the manager he want's to stay whilst engineering a move away, we just won't know with this guy until summer.

Bigby3

This whole situation is pretty weird. If Balogun ends up staying at Arsenal, he basically sabotaged his entire season. I'm sure he would have gotten a look in, if he just signed the contract earlier. And if he ends up leaving it shines a bad light on Arteta. I understand a manager talking up a player that you want to keep, but to be this positiv, when all the signs say he's leaving seems kind of weird.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Given how much everyone on here seems to rate him does that me you’d forgo a new striker signing if Lacazette leaves?

Top Bottom