• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
How do you think our chances are of keeping him @MutableEarth ? He should fancy his chances here. Auba is not young and being played out wide, Lacazettes decline is alarming and he Nketiah while promising can easily be displaced by Balagoun.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How do you think our chances are of keeping him @MutableEarth ? He should fancy his chances here. Auba is not young and being played out wide, Lacazettes decline is alarming and he Nketiah while promising can easily be displaced by Balagoun.
I think the last month or so has improved our chances of keeping him exponentially and I honestly expected him to leave from since pre-Covid. But Arteta must really like him because he isnt handing out minutes for free! Whatever Arteta is saying/doing is obviously tipping things in our favour.

I think he is the most explosive talent of all our young strikers bar Martinelli maybe, so naturally he will be in the conversation as long as opportunities exist for the kid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Impressive needed only one chance to score was impressive turn and shot because the ball behind him sign of a poacher hopefully we'll tie him up and get on loan this January or next season

scytheavatar

Established Member

Balogun still needs to compete with TJJ and Martinelli for the striker spot, it's simply impossible to give minutes to all of these players. TJJ in particular is probably the best fit for the psuedo midfielder that Arteta wants as his striker. If I am Balogun I would still consider leaving the club as the odds of him getting minutes isn't very good.

Wryer

Kid is built like a bulldozer. We could do with some raw power up front. Watching the senior forwards fall always like twigs at the first defensive challenge pains me.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Would be interesting to see the battle between Eddie and Balogun for spots in the last 2 group games.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Can we juat exile Lacazette or use him just as an impact sub. No point persisting anymore.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Kid is built like a bulldozer. We could do with some raw power up front. Watching the senior forwards fall always like twigs at the first defensive challenge pains me.
Bulldozers are slow no?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
BaloGunner ... looked the part and looked sharp and smart. Right now the striker spot at Arsenal is there for the taking. There will never be a better opportunity for a young striker, and he looked hungry and determined and intelligent.

Rooting for him.

Pyres7

Hard to tell from these 10 minute cameos but from what I've heard about him he's a much better prospect than Eddie. They both have the end product but Balogun's a better footballer.

I'm all for giving Eddie opportunities but I don't think he has that high of a ceiling. Maybe we should sell him and give Balogun those minutes instead.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Hard to tell from these 10 minute cameos but from what I've heard about him he's a much better prospect than Eddie. They both have the end product but Balogun's a better footballer.

I'm all for giving Eddie opportunities but I don't think he has that high of a ceiling. Maybe we should sell him and give Balogun those minutes instead.
If the club can sign a contract with Balogun, we sell Eddie for £15M, think everyone would be happy. It would be a success story for Eddie and the club.

Selling Eddie and AMN could give us enough money to finance 1 bigger transfer, which makes our investment youth totally worth it, and should be a template for the future

Top Bottom