• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Poor guy sold dreams to get him to sign the new contract and he’ll waste another season in the under 23s.
He no doubt looked at the guys ahead of him and fancied his chances.

I think he has all the attributes but he (and Nketiah) need to prioritise minutes. So far they haven't and it's disappointing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It is a system issue, but has anyone ever blamed the guy who has started one game for us?

Think his brother needs to calm down, no one thinks Balogun is the problem :lol:

Can't believe we didn't sort a loan out, this guy is already 20 and has played almost no football...what the **** are we doing here?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Laca has looked pretty decent in it.

We need a striker like him, but with more physical tools (speed and preferably taller) for the way Arteta wants to play...not sure Mikel will ever figure out the best way to use a subtler striker like Auba, but I hope he does at least.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It is a system issue, but has anyone ever blamed the guy who has started one game for us?

Think his brother needs to calm down, no one thinks Balogun is the problem :lol:

Can't believe we didn't sort a loan out, this guy is already 20 and has played almost no football...what the **** are we doing here?
Balogun not going on loan is a systemic issue at Arsenal that Mertesacker is yet to rectify. We are abysmally poor at doing loan deals for our youngsters. Either we take them to the wrong club or we don’t put them out on loan early enough in their careers. Balogun is older than Greenwood and yet Balo has less than 120 minutes of men’s football. I’m not joking. He got a couple of minutes from the Europa games and got 60 minutes against Brentford. Then some bleep test minutes against Chelsea. It’s so poor. And if we were to try and sell him we are not getting any serious money for him because his CV shows a massive lack of experience.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think Per is doing a great job and since Gnabry, the club have improved their loan procedures a lot.

I think you’ll find a lot of the reasons why loans don’t happen is down to the players themselves. Either refusing to go or picking the clubs they will go to in the case of Saliba.

ESRs and Willocks loans were both successful and when Eddie wasn’t getting used by Leeds we called him back halfway through the season.

The academy is one of the few things the club is getting right tbh.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's baffling that he didn't get a loan. Any theories out there (beyond club incompetence)?
None how him, eddie, martinelli, laca and Auba are here is beyond me. We just keeping players who won’t play

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ideally he needed to be loaned for the entirety of this season and another one next season tbh, he's absolutely miles off the level required, looked like a boy amongst men vs Brentford despite all his physical qualities.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Lovely bit of skill that. Hope he gets a decent loan in January. He's playing so well in the PL2, I doubt he'll be short of suitors.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I think he is highly rated but the step up between u23 & senior football is far bigger than many realise. People constantly creaming themselves over you tube highlights mean little.
You only have to look at the poll on here.
Is he better than Laca? Yes or Double Yes 😂
The actual answer is NO & He probably aint better than Eddie right now
Fact is that most U23s wont make it at the top level.
Obvs you want to give him opportunities but you seriously cant give him mins in the Prem at the expense of Auba/Laca unless the game is sewn up.
If we get back into europa i see him getting mins next season. Perhaps a loan in Jan depending on the Laca/Eddie situation. He was needed against Brentford.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think he is highly rated but the step up between u23 & senior football is far bigger than many realise. People constantly creaming themselves over you tube highlights mean little.
You only have to look at the poll on here.
Is he better than Laca? Yes or Double Yes 😂
The actual answer is NO & He probably aint better than Eddie right now
Fact is that most U23s wont make it at the top level.
Obvs you want to give him opportunities but you seriously cant give him mins in the Prem at the expense of Auba/Laca unless the game is sewn up.
If we get back into europa i see him getting mins next season. Perhaps a loan in Jan depending on the Laca/Eddie situation. He was needed against Brentford.
Shhh, don't post sensible, reasonable stuff, you'll get into trouble... This is spot on by the way.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A loan in Championship with regular starts will do Folarin good. He needs to better his duel mentality against defender, especially when his back being toward the goal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom