• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If he wasn't quick enough 6 months ago he isn't going to be quick enough in his peak for my money. For my money Werner was absolutely prolific in a lower league, but couldn't hack it in the PL. I don't think Balogun is ever going to hack it in the PL. If you think he can hack it make a case for it and if I'm wrong I could perhaps see your argument for it
I know this is an older post but sometimes players need time & adjustment to get up to speed with men's football. It's a big step up from u21s.
Also at times the championship is as quick as the prem, more hectic obviously less quality.

Uncle Good-Advice

I'm surprised he's got such good shooting technique. Did he have it in him before? His last goal was a sitter sure but it was well-taken, nice movement, the way he opened his body and made keeper off balance is a sign of a great composure in front of goal. Can't see that in Eddie's game.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Balogun now has a point per 96,5 minutes in Ligue 1 according to Transfermarkt.

Jonathan David has a point per 88,5 minutes in Ligue 1, in a much better team to which he has adjusted to. A team which has 10 more points after 12 games, and 11 more goals scored.

David is 1,5 years older than Balogun. Transfermarkt values him at 45 million euros.

Just saying.. Looking good! :drool:

I can't find information if Balogun's contract has an option for another year. I would hope so, they usually include it nowadays, but Balogun might not have wanted it. They say it was a four year deal, until 2025, so according to that he will have two years left when he comes back.
Sorry to be a bit of a c***, but I need npG numbers!! 😬

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Scored a penalty - the only goal of the game - to beat Nantes today. Watched this after the Chelsea game. Balogun could have had a hattrick but Alban LaFont (remember him?) had a worldie for Nantes. Reims' service into Balogun was shocking but he is making the best of it despite not being at full pelt himself. He's doing really well.

Oh, and Nantes had a man sent off, because it's not a Ligue 1 game unless there's a red card - ironically the second yellow came when the defender fouled our man Flo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With all things happen today i forgot this guy scored again 10 G/A in 14 games he making good case for himself to be in Arteta squad next season. Let's hope it continues after the world cup

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Currently he has better points per minute in Ligue 1 than Jonathan David. Now it's Balogun a point per 108 minutes (8+2) and David has a point per 111 minutes (9+3). Balogun 3 penalty goals and David 2, but what we know for sure is that Balogun has acquired penalties himself like that video shows too.

Looks like we have our own younger David right there, so I wouldn't buy a striker, but a top winger. You have to give real chances to your own youth to show there is a path, for example for Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Currently he has better points per minute in Ligue 1 than Jonathan David. Now it's Balogun a point per 108 minutes (8+2) and David has a point per 111 minutes (9+3). Balogun 3 penalty goals and David 2, but what we know for sure is that Balogun has acquired penalties himself like that video shows too.

Looks like we have our own younger David right there, so I wouldn't buy a striker, but a top winger. You have to give real chances to your own youth to show there is a path, for example for Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly.
He is too limited of a player to ever make it and he has had few pens and couple of freakish goals. He couldn’t hack it in the championship

drippin

He is too limited of a player to ever make it and he has had few pens and couple of freakish goals. He couldn’t hack it in the championship
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Who do you want? Let's buy David for 50+ million when we have similar performing 1,5 years younger own youth at our club. :lol:

drippin

There can be only one Una

Sell Ketiah to B mouth in the summah and integrate Balo as second striker?

Would be s h r e w d
If we have UCL, Jesus & Balogun are not enough for the striker role. Balogun is still an unknown no matter his season in Ligue 1.

This is why I would trust Jesus, Nketiah & Balogun next season, and put the money towards a top winger. Nketiah & Balogun can battle it out for a year, who deserves to play.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Who do you want? Let's buy David for 50+ million when we have similar performing 1,5 years younger own youth at our club. :lol:
You always mention stats and age. I don’t think this boy is talented enough to ever have a career at Arsenal. The most talented striker we produced last few years is nketiah and even he is 50/50. We not gonna buy David. But a PL club will buy him for 30-40 million. Let’s see who want to buy this kid end of the season. If he is as good as you say then we will have offers for him

drippin

You always mention stats and age. I don’t think this boy is talented enough to ever have a career at Arsenal. The most talented striker we produced last few years is nketiah and even he is 50/50. We not gonna buy David. But a PL club will buy him for 30-40 million. Let’s see who want to buy this kid end of the season. If he is as good as you say then we will have offers for him
Nketiah has never done what Balogun has done in Ligue 1 this season. He has done it in U21 England level.

Of course I mention stats and age. That's part of the information we have. It's important to have true information, rather than opinions. Of course end-product information is only a part of the total. We would need total information about all actions, but that is much more complicated and time consuming. Would be great if you can provide us more detailed information.

Like I suggested with the stats, yeah, we will not buy David, because we have our own "David" from our academy, who is 1,5 years younger. We will get good money from Nketiah or Balogun if the management will go that route rather than trust both of them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nketiah has never done what Balogun has done in Ligue 1 this season. He has done it in U21 England level.

Of course I mention stats and age. That's part of the information we have. It's important to have true information, rather than opinions. Of course end-product information is only a part of the total. We would need total information about all actions, but that is much more complicated and time consuming. Would be great if you can provide us more detailed information.

Like I suggested with the stats, yeah, we will not buy David, because we have our own "David" from our academy, who is 1,5 years younger. We will get good money from Nketiah or Balogun if the management will go that route rather than trust both of them.
Hard to do with when he never played in Ligue 1. Nketiah has had better stats in all of their youth and international levels. And has always looked the better footballer technically. I’m not hating on the boy. He has had surprising start in ligue 1. If you want to argue he went from below average championship striker to one of the best in France. Then I’m not surprised because everything is stats with you

drippin

Hard to do with when he never played in Ligue 1. Nketiah has had better stats in all of their youth and international levels. And has always looked the better footballer technically. I’m not hating on the boy. He has had surprising start in ligue 1. If you want to argue he went from below average championship striker to one of the best in France. Then I’m not surprised because everything is stats with you
Balogun had a point per 150 minutes in Championship in his first season in men's games. Now he has a point per 108 minutes in Ligue 1. Nketiah was a point per 125 minutes in Championship with 500 minutes vs. Balogun's 900 minutes.

They're both quite equally talented imo, so I like to give them both a chance next season behind Jesus, and get a top winger.

Looks like you don't want to give own youth a chance, and that's fine. I'm eager to hear your propositions about these matters, rather than only critique.

Some knowledgeable people about Arsenal youth in this thread said that Balogun always looked better technically than Nketiah, so you have your own opinion.

Really funny you think it's only about stats with me. It's only to have some proof of what I say, but you don't need any proof it seems.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Balogun had a point per 150 minutes in Championship in his first season in men's games. Now he has a point per 108 minutes in Ligue 1. Nketiah was a point per 125 minutes in Championship with 500 minutes vs. Balogun's 900 minutes.

They're both quite equally talented imo, so I like to give them both a chance next season behind Jesus, and get a top winger.

Looks like you don't want to give own youth a chance, and that's fine. I'm eager to hear your propositions about these matters, rather than only critique.

Some knowledgeable people about Arsenal youth in this thread said that Balogun always looked better technically than Nketiah, so you have your own opinion.

Really funny you think it's only about stats with me. It's only to have some proof of what I say, but you don't need any proof it seems.
Lool here we go again. This is not the NHL. Stop with the point nonsense. That’s not how football works. You can give 3 yard pass to a player and he can dribble past 5 players and score and you get an assist. In your world a point. You can have a wild shot hit on on the back and ball goes in. That’s your goal.

Here is how you should judge his time and Middlesbrough. Wilder chased him even the season before, he went in there and started games and gradually got less and less game time. He managed 3 goals in 18 appearances. Their fans got frustrated with him because they felt he lacked cutting edge. Football is more than stats and points.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom