• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Lool here we go again. This is not the NHL. Stop with the point nonsense. That’s not how football works. You can give 3 yard pass to a player and he can dribble past 5 players and score and you get an assist. In your world a point. You can have a wild shot hit on on the back and ball goes in. That’s your goal.

Here is how you should judge his time and Middlesbrough. Wilder chased him even the season before, he went in there and started games and gradually got less and less game time. He managed 3 goals in 18 appearances. Their fans got frustrated with him because they felt he lacked cutting edge. Football is more than stats and points.
Please provide us better information so we can see your point. Now you're just dismissing something with no proof at all.

Why are you projecting Balogun's earlier youth problem at a one club to his current huge huge success in another club?

Can you explain these things? Currently Balogun has similar end product as David, who is worth at least 50 million and is 1,5 years older.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Please provide us better information so we can see your point. Now you're just dismissing something with no proof at all.

Why are you projecting Balogun's earlier youth problem at a one club to his current huge huge success in another club?

Can you explain these things? Currently Balogun has similar end product as David, who is worth at least 50 million and is 1,5 years older.

Balogun has 8 goals. 3 are pens.
David has 9 goals. 2 are pens

The reason David is highly rated is he has 2 seasons in Belgium where he scored 30 league goals in 60. He has already 2 seasons in Ligue 1 where he has 13 & 15 goals and in his 3rd season has 9 so far. He is getting better and better.

Balogun is in his second season in mens game. First one he managed 3 goals. Then we have eye test. Anyone who has watched both players would tell you who the better player is. You really sound like one of those fans on Twitter when one of our young players have few good games you overstate him and talk about better players. I still remember how our fans were saying Coquelin was better than Kante back in the day. Let the boy have one solid season

drippin

Balogun has 8 goals. 3 are pens.
David has 9 goals. 2 are pens

The reason David is highly rated is he has 2 seasons in Belgium where he scored 30 league goals in 60. He has already 2 seasons in Ligue 1 where he has 13 & 15 goals and in his 3rd season has 9 so far. He is getting better and better.

Balogun is in his second season in mens game. First one he managed 3 goals. Then we have eye test. Anyone who has watched both players would tell you who the better player is. You really sound like one of those fans on Twitter when one of our young players have few good games you overstate him and talk about better players. I still remember how our fans were saying Coquelin was better than Kante back in the day. Let the boy have one solid season
Well, I would and have never said Coquelin is better than Kante. That's ridiculous to me, so I hope you approach me individually.

I'll just ask you, how do you rate Balogun. What about Nketiah?

What's your suggestion Arsenal do?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Well, I would and have never said Coquelin is better than Kante. That's ridiculous to me, so I hope you approach me individually.

I'll just ask you, how do you rate Balogun. What about Nketiah?

What's your suggestion Arsenal do?
Balogun obviously spend rest of this season on loan. I think he will either be loaned out or sold in the summer

Nketiah will be a squad player for the next 2-3 years because he signed a big deal last summer. Nketiahs new contract for me has pretty much ended Balogun Arsenal future. Unless he has crazy development

drippin

Balogun obviously spend rest of this season on loan. I think he will either be loaned out or sold in the summer

Nketiah will be a squad player for the next 2-3 years because he signed a big deal last summer. Nketiahs new contract for me has pretty much ended Balogun Arsenal future. Unless he has crazy development
Sorry, but I think you will be dissappointed.

I'm pretty sure (still pretty indifferent) that Arsenal's management will trust their own youth and reinforce elsewhere.

Overall even as a top team in the future, Arsenal has to understand that showing a path for top talents is very important. Currently they have Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly.

It's also a part of the legacy of Arsène Wenger.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sorry, but I think you will be dissappointed.

I'm pretty sure (still pretty indifferent) that Arsenal's management will trust their own youth and reinforce elsewhere.

Overall even as a top team in the future, Arsenal has to understand that showing a path for top talents is very important. Currently they have Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly.

It's also a part of the legacy of Arsène Wenger.

Vast majority of kids don’t make it. Even the two kids you mentioned it’s very likely they are in direct competition and one gets a space in the future and next one move on like Omari Hutchinson. Or Musah who was another huge talent. You seem to think half of our squad will be own products. This is fantasy.

Halend

Vast majority of kids don’t make it. Even the two kids you mentioned it’s very likely they are in direct competition and one gets a space in the future and next one move on like Omari Hutchinson. Or Musah who was another huge talent. You seem to think half of our squad will be own products. This is fantasy.

I understand your point but not being able to keep both of Musah and Hutchinson will be looked as a mistake in our youth development system imo.

Yes not everybody will make it but you do have more chance of keeping talented young players if there is a path to the first team

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I understand your point but not being able to keep both of Musah and Hutchinson will be looked as a mistake in our youth development system imo.

Yes not everybody will make it but you do have more chance of keeping talented young players if there is a path to the first team
It’s not mistake. It is expected. The whole point of the academy is each year group you make decisions and then you pick one or two and create a space for them. Rest will move on and do what’s best for their career. The most talented youth team I seen at Arsenal was that youth cup winning team with wilshere. How many made to first team? These kids people are raving about 2-3 will be PL players. Most will play lower league and 2-3 will not even make it in pro football. Look at any youth team last 15 years and see how their career went

Musah and Azeez were in direct competition until Musah got a team that promised him to fast track. Now at 19 he has 72 games in la logs, 19 caps for the USA and is playing World Cup. Some of these kids will jump ship as they will be promised faster route than Arsenal and most will take it unless there is serious chance of progression. If Balogun is as good as some of you believe and he has a wonder season in France. Very good chance he will ask to be sold

Halend

It’s not mistake. It is expected. The whole point of the academy is each year group you make decisions and then you pick one or two and create a space for them. Rest will move on and do what’s best for their career. The most talented youth team I seen at Arsenal was that youth cup winning team with wilshere. How many made to first team? These kids people are raving about 2-3 will be PL players. Most will play lower league and 2-3 will not even make it in pro football. Look at any youth team last 15 years and see how their career went

Musah and Azeez were in direct competition until Musah got a team that promised him to fast track. Now at 19 he has 72 games in la logs, 19 caps for the USA and is playing World Cup. Some of these kids will jump ship as they will be promised faster route than Arsenal and most will take it unless there is serious chance of progression. If Balogun is as good as some of you believe and he has a wonder season in France. Very good chance he will ask to be sold

I understand your point and from Yunus Musah's point of view it was the right decision to leave as he looks like a very good player already. My question is Arsenal's decision making process with these players at a time were we are still looking for signings in Musah's position and brought in Lakonga for 20m who doesn't look like he will make it.

I mean if it wasn't for being completely forced almost to move Saka ESR and Martinelli up a couple of years ago when we were in a terrible run of form what happens to them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I understand your point and from Yunus Musah's point of view it was the right decision to leave as he looks like a very good player already. My question is Arsenal's decision making process with these players at a time were we are still looking for signings in Musah's position and brought in Lakonga for 20m who doesn't look like he will make it.

I mean if it wasn't for being completely forced almost to move Saka ESR and Martinelli up a couple of years ago when we were in a terrible run of form what happens to them.
Musah was nowhere near the first team when he left and lokonga wasn’t brought him because of that. He was brought in as first team player. Even Patino is unlucky to make it next season as we want to bring in another midfielder. It’s really hard to make it at a club like Arsenal.

bergholt

Musah was nowhere near the first team when he left and lokonga wasn’t brought him because of that. He was brought in as first team player. Even Patino is unlucky to make it next season as we want to bring in another midfielder. It’s really hard to make it at a club like Arsenal.

Yep. Focusing on kids and academy prospects is what a feeder club does because you can’t be consistently competitive and also make room for every promising talent.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yep. Focusing on kids and academy prospects is what a feeder club does because you can’t be consistently competitive and also make room for every promising talent.
Exactly. You get 1-2 through once every few years you done well. People are really deluded thinking bunch of kids will make it here. They are also forgetting we are looking to bring in the best young players we can. The likes of Martinelli and Ødegaard and future players like them will make it even harder for academy players. 9/10 if you are an academy talent and you get a chance to get senior football somewhere else you gotta take it

DuBB

If we qualify for the CL this year, I'd move Eddie on in the summer, buy a true 1B to the 1A that is Jesus, and have Folarin as the 3rd choice.

Us being 1st and potentially walking into the Top 4 with relative ease has meant we're ahead of schedule and probably exposed Eddie as not quite good enough for what we appear to be capable of, but I think Folarin as the 3rd choice/alternate option if the new 1B striker isn't similar to Jesus, we'd be set.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we qualify for the CL this year, I'd move Eddie on in the summer, buy a true 1B to the 1A that is Jesus, and have Folarin as the 3rd choice.

Us being 1st and potentially walking into the Top 4 with relative ease has meant we're ahead of schedule and probably exposed Eddie as not quite good enough for what we appear to be capable of, but I think Folarin as the 3rd choice/alternate option if the new 1B striker isn't similar to Jesus, we'd be set.
Folarin being 3rd choice in a team that plays with one striker is waste of time for him. At his age he is better playing regularly somewhere else. How many minutes would a 3rd choice striker got so far this season?

bergholt

Folarin being 3rd choice in a team that plays with one striker is waste of time for him. At his age he is better playing regularly somewhere else. How many minutes would a 3rd choice striker got so far this season?

Yeah he shouldn't do it, wouldn't make sense for his career. That's how you get to be FA Cup Winner Matt Smith.

9jagooner

I think we've done poorly with our youth teams in recent times. Arsène used to play these kids in the Carling Cup, a luxury they don't get these days.
Whilst I admit some of them may not play first team at Arsenal, but playing them in games like the Carling Cup equivalent is also opportunity to showcase them to other clubs.
Martinez was really poor in his early first teams games. Not until his Reading loan did he improve drastically. Look at him now.
I am yet to mention players like Bendtner, Aliadiere, Pennant, Wilshere, Szczesny, etc
All of who have gone on to have good to great careers.
These days, one would need fans calling for a push before seeing a youth player in the first team

9jagooner

It will be unfair asking a young player like Folarin to be 3rd choice at Arsenal. At his age, he should be playing regularly. That's how you improve.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Lool here we go again. This is not the NHL. Stop with the point nonsense. That’s not how football works. You can give 3 yard pass to a player and he can dribble past 5 players and score and you get an assist. In your world a point. You can have a wild shot hit on on the back and ball goes in. That’s your goal.

Here is how you should judge his time and Middlesbrough. Wilder chased him even the season before, he went in there and started games and gradually got less and less game time. He managed 3 goals in 18 appearances. Their fans got frustrated with him because they felt he lacked cutting edge. Football is more than stats and points.
100% agree points is not a stat in football, people should stop making **** up.

drippin

100% agree points is not a stat in football, people should stop making **** up.
Yeah, that's why assists are not listed anywhere in football.

De Bruyne for example doesn't have 10 assists this season, assists are non-existent in football. They don't matter.

;) :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah, that's why assists are not listed anywhere in football.

De Bruyne for example doesn't have 10 assists this season, assists are non-existent in football. They don't matter.

;) :lol:

Call it assists and goals/assists not points you hipster.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom