• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Willock was never a #6. Sambi had that potential at least. Didn't work thus far, but it's not an easy position. Sambi of course is one of the worst signings thus far, but Vieira wanted him and even substituted him in against United straight away.

He had the potential, sure, but honestly from what I've seen Willock's got just about as much if not more positional awareness defensively. I agree with the point that you needed to bring in a Partey backup though and that Willock wasn't the answer to that.

The point was more that selling an academy product in the form of his life, after being given a chance to start for a PL team, will understandably leave a bit of a sour taste in people's mouths , even if it was the right choice in hindsight. It was a very cynical business decision, and some people put a lot of weight on the more intangible aspects of football, which I respect even if I don't personally agree with it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He had the potential, sure, but honestly from what I've seen Willock's got just about as much if not more positional awareness defensively. I agree with the point that you needed to bring in a Partey backup though and that Willock wasn't the answer to that.

The point was more that selling an academy product in the form of his life, after being given a chance to start for a PL team, will understandably leave a bit of a sour taste in people's mouths , even if it was the right choice in hindsight. It was a very cynical business decision, and some people put a lot of weight on the more intangible aspects of football, which I respect even if I don't personally agree with it.
I still assume Willock doesn't hate Arsenal, but it was mutually agreed that he has to be sold if he has 2 years left, and there is a good offer, which he himself wants.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I still assume Willock doesn't hate Arsenal, but it was mutually agreed that he has to be sold if he has 2 years left, and there is a good offer, which he himself wants.

Yeah I don't doubt Willock is totally fine with what happened, I was purely talking about the fan perspective.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Willock is a starter for third placed Newcastle. We would have been better off keeping him than spending the money on lokonga. Willock would have been a decent back up for Xhaka and would also have allowed us to rest Partey in easier games and play xhaka in parteys spot.
Willock got pelters from the Newcastle fans after they signed him for over a year. He was disappointing & most thought wasnt worth the 💸.

You really think good ol AM would have patiently waited for him to produce while playing him week in week out🤔🤣

Jesus most wrote Eddie off after limited starts & some sub appearances.

Lokonga is better technically than willock & as said neither are a 6.

Joe is more in the Aaron Ramsey type mold.

Similar situation to iwobi at Everton
Finding some form now after most Everton fans wanted shot of him.

We got very good money for willock at the time.

It might not look as good 2 years later but that's mainly coz that tool Todd has totally skewed the market.😡

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

With this market and the fact that Willock was homegrown and English, he should have def gone for more. If Mudryk is going for what Chelsea paid for him then Balogun should be worth just as much or even more at this point.
Maybe a bit but not that much. Willock had 1200 EPL minutes before he was sold. He had 2 years in contract. Iwobi was sold for 34 million pounds, and he had 5x more minutes in EPL under his belt.

Also I assume he wanted only Newcastle from the options he had, which will bring the price down.

The deal also included a sell-on clause, not sure how big though. That also affects the price.

"A deal worth up to £25m has also seen Arsenal include a sell-on clause, a vital ingredient in the contract that supporters were desperate for."

benjamin86

Established Member
Of course, but I have explained earlier why I really doubt Arsenal wants to recall Balogun "just in case". It would have a bad effect on loaning players in the future in addition to the financial penalties.

Nketiah, Trossard and Martinelli is good enough cover for about a month until Jesus is back. Especially because Nelson is already training and hopefully ESR is back soon too.
Vieira played false 9 a few times in portugal too.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
No reason to sell this guy when you see the performances Eddie gives us

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Keep him or sell him for £100 million. I’m not even joking. Mudryk, Nunez and Antony went for close to £100 million and they were not scoring in a league as strong as the French league. Milan, Napoli, PSG, Bayern and Madrid will all be in the marker for a striker this summer.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Balogun scoring again and dominating french football before coming back like Saliba and taking an ordinary Englishman's job. It's exhausting being right.
Glenn Howerton Teacher GIF by PeacockTV

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Keep him or sell him for £100 million. I’m not even joking. Mudryk, Nunez and Antony went for close to £100 million and they were not scoring in a league as strong as the French league. Milan, Napoli, PSG, Bayern and Madrid will all be in the marker for a striker this summer.
I don’t think the club would have any problems selling him for 100 million. But someone has to offer that.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don’t think the club would have any problems selling him for 100 million. But someone has to offer that.
I’m fairly confident that Napoli will be selling Osimhen this summer. PSG will need a new forward to replace Mbappe. Milan are looking for a new CF. Barca and Madrid need a successor to Lewandowski and Benzema respectively. There will be interest for him.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom