• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Great news! Would hardly consider it a gamble, specially with how depressing the striker market is.

Considering our finances I wouldn't mind focusing elsewhere and have him, Martinelli and Auba duke it out for the CF spot next season, would be pretty entertaining actually.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He is definitely more talented than Nketiah. A little bigger, stronger with more pace. Technically better too with a predatory instinct around the box. Hope he and Martinelli get a lot of gametime for the rest of the season, since we have nothing to play for in the league anymore.

akhil

The moment he signs he's gonna hear the transition year line from Arteta. So he'll be shipped to the Championship or below.

Iceman10

Established Member
The moment he signs he's gonna hear the transition year line from Arteta. So he'll be shipped to the Championship or below.

The common sense approach would be to sell Laca and Eddie this summer, but with Arteta you never know. Not sure if I got this right, vaguely recollect something about Balogun’s agent being Eddie’s also. If that is the case maybe he knew Eddie was going to be sold before greenlightibg Balogun to sign onto a renewal.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Now what we need is a good manager. I mean, we have a good young squad with a lot of potential.

Wingers: ESR, Saka, Pepe, Nelson (yes with a good manager he could be a good addition and has potential.

CF: Balogun and Martinelli.

CAM: Ödegaard if he stays.

I think a good manager could do wonders with those young talented players. I would put the money in a WC midfielder to partner with Partey, in Hakimi and Buendía. Get back Saliva and play him next to Gabriel. Give AMN a chance in the midfield in a loan so he can fight for a place if Partey flops.

I don't get why the club puts so much faith in Arteta who has no experience at this level. Also he just doesn't have that flair of early days Wenger. He is too pragmatic, even as a player he was basic. The romantic in me was happy when we got him, maybe cause I was so tired of Emery. I just don't see next great manager in Arteta, although I think he can become pretty good in the future with more experience.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He is definitely more talented than Nketiah. A little bigger, stronger with more pace. Technically better too with a predatory instinct around the box. Hope he and Martinelli get a lot of gametime for the rest of the season, since we have nothing to play for in the league anymore.
Yeah, I’d say they only thing Eddie had over him at youth level was his goal scoring. However, Eddie was in much better teams as well, Nelson, Willock, Dasilva supplying him with the odd cameo from ESR and Saka.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Another good thing about this is that there’s a good chance Balogun decides to play for the US, especially if they offer him games ahead of the 2022 World Cup.

Just think of those awful sponsorship deals Vinai could announce. :drool:

Freezing Bill Murray GIF

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I don't get why the club puts so much faith in Arteta who has no experience at this level. Also he just doesn't have that flair of early days Wenger. He is too pragmatic, even as a player he was basic. The romantic in me was happy when we got him, maybe cause I was so tired of Emery. I just don't see next great manager in Arteta, although I think he can become pretty good in the future with more experience.
I know! I feel the same ... Even Mourinho being pragmatic has his best years when he was young and you could see clear ideas oh how he wanted to play. With Arteta you don't know, you ask yourself if he wants to play like city or like Stoke. Even I think using pragmatic is incorrect. You could be an offensive pragmatic manager doing things simple but effective like Germans do. One touch game, good movements and shot when you have the opportunity, simple football and master of the basics.

Top Bottom