• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

balthazar

A point per 75 minutes, that's some serious end-product level.

I thought we will lose either Nketiah or Balogun, or both. But Arteta got both extended, which will make up a lot in terms of not getting a fee for Auba. Actually it's worth more than Auba very likely.

Nice timing and position for the goal although a tap-in.

Arsenal colours 🥰
🥰🥰🥰🥰

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Ligue 1 is a much lower level. Lacazette consistantly hit 20 NP goals and so did Giroud. Pepe hit 13 NP goals. Middlesborough fans said he was too slow. If he's too slow for the Championship he isn't making it in the PL. This is the type of player you should look to flip for a decent fee if he has a good loan and re-invest those funds into the squad IMO

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ligue 1 is a much lower level. Lacazette consistantly hit 20 NP goals and so did Giroud. Pepe hit 13 NP goals. Middlesborough fans said he was too slow. If he's too slow for the Championship he isn't making it in the PL. This is the type of player you should look to flip for a decent fee if he has a good loan and re-invest those funds into the squad IMO
How old were those players you mention when they did those numbers? Balogun turned 21 years old three months ago.

He is also in a way worse team than the players you mention, plus he has 9 games with 6+2=8, a point per 75 minutes. And the two penalties he has scored I think were earned by him or he was involved.

Is it good in the long run to sell your well performing very talanted own youth players without giving them any chance? Get them to extend, loan them and sell straightaway? How does it affect your other youngsters coming up?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
How old were those players you mention when they did those numbers? Balogun turned 21 years old three months ago.

He is also in a way worse team than the players you mention, plus he has 9 games with 6+2=8, a point per 75 minutes. And the two penalties he has scored I think were earned by him or he was involved.

Is it good in the long run to sell your well performing very talanted own youth players without giving them any chance? Get them to extend, loan them and sell straightaway? How does it affect your other youngsters coming up?

If he wasn't quick enough 6 months ago he isn't going to be quick enough in his peak for my money. For my money Werner was absolutely prolific in a lower league, but couldn't hack it in the PL. I don't think Balogun is ever going to hack it in the PL. If you think he can hack it make a case for it and if I'm wrong I could perhaps see your argument for it

drippin

If he wasn't quick enough 6 months ago he isn't going to be quick enough in his peak for my money. For my money Werner was absolutely prolific in a lower league, but couldn't hack it in the PL. I don't think Balogun is ever going to hack it in the PL. If you think he can hack it make a case for it and if I'm wrong I could perhaps see your argument for it
Werner is very quick though? So how does this quickness argument work when he didn't make it in EPL?

Balogun might not be the quickest, but I don't think he is slow. Do you really think that it's the most important thing in the world for a striker? What about being a prolific scorer and having good ability in other parts of the game?

Also you base you argument on Balogun's quickness only on some Middlesborough fans' opinion?

How old was Werner too, like those other players? Do you know that physical abilities will develop for 21 year old players?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Baloguns loan to Boro has to be contextualised by how bad their forward line was as a collective. Their strikers had a hard time all season and Balogun was no different. It makes sense that even though the team he went to this season isn't good, they still at least sling it forward and try to play to their strikers' strengths. Both Balogun and Ito have benefitted as a result.

drippin

Balogun now has a point per 96,5 minutes in Ligue 1 according to Transfermarkt.

Jonathan David has a point per 88,5 minutes in Ligue 1, in a much better team to which he has adjusted to. A team which has 10 more points after 12 games, and 11 more goals scored.

David is 1,5 years older than Balogun. Transfermarkt values him at 45 million euros.

Just saying.. Looking good! :drool:

I can't find information if Balogun's contract has an option for another year. I would hope so, they usually include it nowadays, but Balogun might not have wanted it. They say it was a four year deal, until 2025, so according to that he will have two years left when he comes back.

drippin

Balogun is 1,5 years younger than David, and has played two Ligue 1 seasons less. David is nowadays valued at 45 million in Transfermarkt, so that's some hint about the potential worth of Balogun if he can keep this level up.

"Balogun sees market value double

The increase in value of Folarin Balogun of Stade Reims is no less impressive. The 21-year-old on loan from Arsenal is doing a remarkable job in the Rémois' attack in what has otherwise been a difficult season for the team. He has seven goals and two assists in 13 appearances. "He's one of the players that keeps them above the relegation zone," says Caroff, referring to Reims' lucky find, who doubles his value from €7m to €14m, ranking him among the ten most valuable English players abroad. "Balogun's season so far should attract interest in the market if he returns to Arsenal after his loan.""

Latest posts+

Top Bottom