• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We have no idea if Balogun would even fit this system, he is good when there is space behind the defense, has a nice touch and looks skilled, but our CF needs to be able to play with his back against the goal with very little space to play with once we pin the opposition into their own box.

Not saying he won't be able to do it, but still early to say that he can

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He will be sold in the summer. He is having too good of a season to come back and be 3rd choice here and he will have serious options

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Balogun getting a bit overrated here. Several PK's kind of pads his stats, not many goals are special(they don't need to be, but still). Still impressive, but don't think he's shown more than nketiah yet, also it's in ligue 1.
Balogun has 3 PK's, and has earned 2 PK's himself. So basically he has 1 PK he hasn't earned, but scored still.

If you minus that 1 PK from his goal tally, he has a point per 118,5 minutes in Ligue 1 without penalty goals. David has a point per 120 minutes, but I don't know how many PK's he has earned, has scored two.

Although Transfermarkt has one more assist for him than this stat. In any case, he is performing very well for a young striker. And has mostly goals, David has more assists.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Saka
Marintelli
Jesus
Nketiah
ESR
Trossard
Balogun

That's a lot of competition for the front three next season when everyone is healthy, which might lead to some unhappinness, probably among ESR, Eddie, and Balogun.
ESR is injury-prone, and might have planned to play midfielder role in the future. He is not exactly the winger type Arteta wants, and there is Trossard now. ESR is basically a 1/2 player for a season currently, if he can't start staying fit. You can't depend on someone like that in an UCL season.

Will be interesting if they go big on the midfielders until next summer, and extend Balogun. Or sell him and get a top winger.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People were convinced Nketiah was trash due to limited minutes and that was as second choice with EL.

Yet are still deluding themselves into thinking Balogun can develop as third choice.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Oh wow and he plays for the manager I just heard of who’s like 30 and his only manager experience/education is Football Manager. He’s an inspiration to AM’ers everywhere.
Has years of experience as a video analist for and has been assistent manager for a couple of Belgian clubs too.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I fancy fielding Jesus-Balogun-Eddie in the 3-1-3-3 formation next season. Always good to see Academy players fulfilled themselves as starting players in PL.

GoonerCork

Recorded their game on Sunday and watched it after Napoli v Roma. Besides his goal, his movement off the ball was very good throughout the game. He was consistently looking to get in behind. We should look more at these type of loan moves abroad for our most promising young players. I would support it with Patino next year. I think it's an ideal one after a Championship loan if we still feel they're not ready just yet for our first team. Clubs like Reims will always be interested too having known they already had a spell of games in first team football beforehand.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I would be shocked if he is not sold in the summer tbh. I think he has chance to become USA nr 1 striker and earn himself midtable PL move as main striker

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I would be shocked if he is not sold in the summer tbh. I think he has chance to become USA nr 1 striker and earn himself midtable PL move as main striker
He's not interested in playing for the USMNT. There is also no reason to sell him.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Selfishly hoping he doesn't choose the US national team. I'm from Mexico and I'm tired of our biggest rivals getting all these Arsenal academy talent that barely has a connection to their country, first Zelalem, now Musah playing for them and now potentially Balogun who only lived there two years and played on the England youth teams.

C'mon Flo, back yourself up to get that England spot!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom