• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
One thing is money for reinvesting as Zig points out above, the other is simple value. Nketiah was meant as a second striker given he got the number 14. Obviously a player Arteta believed in. I am sure he rates Balogun as well, but not above Jesus and Nketiah.

That is why I suggest a buyback clause. Should he become a real world beater, the club can buy him back. Balogun or Nketiah will be on the bench and that is detrimental to their development as well. Cant have everything.
We don't need money. Small clubs sell talented players because they need money. We are a big club who will get an infusion of CL money next season. We have no need to sell and it makes no sense to sell unless the player wants to leave. What's important for the club is to maximize the quality of its depth. This squad is already fantastic and could be even better if Arteta felt he could rotate more frequently to keep everyone fresh. Selling promising young players to reinvest in maybes doesn't make sense for a club this size. We're not Brighton. You realize that your logic would have seen us sell Saliba this past summer, right? Would that have been prudent?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

@Batman point about finding out what we have with Balogun is also pertinent. I mean, what if we have the next Henry in our ranks? It's not like we've got Neymar and Mbappe in attack and can afford to sell off a highly rated kid.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal Twitter are saying sell Jesus and play Balogun.

The only way i can see him staying is if Jesus becomes the starter at LW and backup for Saka. They're not going to keep him as a 3rd striker with his value as high as it will be. If he gets 20 or more goals in Ligue 1 we will be getting offers of close to £40m-50m considering he's homegrown.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The only way i can see him staying is if Jesus becomes the starter at LW and backup for Saka. They're not going to keep him as a 3rd striker with his value as high as it will be. If he gets 20 or more goals in Ligue 1 we will be getting offers of close to £40m-50m considering he's homegrown.
And based on history Arteta will allow him a chance to earn a spot when he returns in the summer. We could have sold Saliba based on how he performed last season. We didn't because he's our best defender. If Balogun turns up playing this way in pre season, he's going to start. This notion that we should be looking to cash in is absurd. No player at this club should be guaranteed anything. Let the cream rise to the top so that we have the best squad possible instead of selling talent off to spare feelings. There will be 4 competitions for players to get minutes in, there will be injuries and lack of form and if we are defending champions, every team in the leage will raise their games against us so the intensity of being the club with the target on its back will require more rotation. I understand that we've been in a bad spot for a long time but suggesting we just sell talent rather than keep it is not how you win things.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With lack of good CF in market you know the amount of clubs going to pay us too much to buy him? Specially they know we have 2 great young CF.

It'll be tough decision lol. It's very different with Saliba situation because with Saliba he had space in squad with Balogun he got Eddie or G.Jesus ahead of him and both been fantastic.

Top Bottom