• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I mean, my whole hypotetical scenario is predicated on having a deal with a decent buy back for both clubs. It's just that he needs game time.

We can't have him competing for places here as things stands, because that would most certainly stunt his development.

Sometimes knowing you'll be at the same club for a longer time is needed to bring stability to the player. I wouldn't remove him from the French league if we were to loan him again, for instance.
But then why not just loan innit instead of all the faff of buyback clauses.

European clubs are all broke. The striker market is barebones. Balogun will have a queue of suitors on loan. Assuming of course we can convince him this is the best thing for his career (which I am certain it is)

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
But then why not just loan innit instead of all the faff of buyback clauses.

European clubs are all broke. The striker market is barebones. Balogun will have a queue of suitors on loan. Assuming of course we can convince him this is the best thing for his career (which I am certain it is)

Mostly because of the fee and the fact he'd stay at the same club without having to worry about where he'll be playing.

I concede that that's a very goldilocks situation and hard to pull off if you are not Real Madrid and the other club is Tottenham Hotspurs, though.

Say you sell him on the cheaper side for 35m ish or something because of that clause, he explodes and you get to buy him back. Even if it's at 80m, it's still overall less than what you'd need to sign a player of his current promise.

Kind of the same situation Chelsea had with Tammy.

Forward position is just too crowded right now unless you accomodate Jesus on the wing, but that also means putting other wide players down the pecking order a bit just so a youth player can get some odd minutes.

It's a good problem to have.

Multipass

What’s the logic of not having him here for the second half of the season . We didn’t have a clause to recall? His development is best served continuing in ligue 1?

Part of me thinks this title challenge is unprecedented and we could use all hands on deck. Imagine having balogun to come on with 15 minutes to go when chasing a goal.

Tom Mix

Sometimes AM behaves like a cantankerous old git in a retirement home. I can't believe people are making a drama out of one of our kids doing well out on loan. Relax!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What’s the logic of not having him here for the second half of the season . We didn’t have a clause to recall? His development is best served continuing in ligue 1?

Part of me thinks this title challenge is unprecedented and we could use all hands on deck. Imagine having balogun to come on with 15 minutes to go when chasing a goal.
Athletic article mentioned that Balogun has a recall option, or had, I assume, in January. It would mean some financial penalties to recall him in this way, and I assume those are not very minor penalties. And it said they think it's better for him to continue there for this season for his development, which makes sense.

I also assume Arsenal doesn't want the reputation of suddenly recalling from loan an important player for the other team, in the middle of the season, unless there is an absolute necessarity for it. Like let's say Nketiah had got a long-term injury.

Jesus is coming back apparently in a month or so. Nketiah is playing well, and Trossard can play as a false nine. Or even Martinelli.

Nelson is also back soon so there will be more depth to use. And hopefully ESR too. These can enable having Trossard as striker cover.

Tom349

Get him to sign a new contract and give him a full preseason to impress. If he doesn't impress loan him out to a Bundesliga side where he should really suit that league while also getting more recognition than you would if Ligue 1 which should only further increase his value. Can then make a decision to sell or properly introduce him to first team squad.

If he refuses to sign a contract extension sell him for a good fee or use him in a deal for Rice or Caicedo and get the asking price down.

On a seperate note I think when selling young players the best outcome is to insert a higher sell on fee %. Less guarantee but if they do kick on at least you get rewarded for it.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
For the type of money we would be looking to sell Balogun only Premier League teams and some CL clubs could afford him. E.g Chelsea, United, Napoli (if they sell Osimhen) etc.

But if we were to keep him we would could be potentially saving a lot of money on a forward.

Saka £0
Nketiah £0
Balogun £0
Martinelli £6 million
Trossard £21 million
Jesus £45 million

On average all of our attackers would be £12 million. That’s incredible business.

amigo

Deep trouble? Why? Trossard has played about 30% of his games at Brighton in EPL as either CF (2/3) or SS (1/3). About 23% of his EPL appearances have also been as an AMF according to Transfermarkt.

One of the reasons he was such a good January reinforcement is his versatility. I have no doubt that he can be the 3rd false nine until the rest of the season, he has the qualities.

Jesus should also be back in a month or so, hopefully.
I still think having to face Europa and the premier League with only trossard as a false 9 in the striker department is dangerously light. You don't want to be rushing Jesus back - he needs to be eased in gently.

amigo

Selling him assumes Edu is going to be able to close a deal which generates profit for us which he has shown he's incapable of doing to date.
People beating up on Edu need to realise one thing success in selling footballers is not like selling cars - the salesman does not have too much to do with it. It's all to do with the perception of the player and the desperation of the buying club - all of which Edu may not have much to do with. In fact maybe we here as supporters with our consistent rubbishing of good players (like Xhaka or Eddie for instance) may have done much more to depress their prices than Edu. What exactly do you expect him to do to get more for the players?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I still think having to face Europa and the premier League with only trossard as a false 9 in the striker department is dangerously light. You don't want to be rushing Jesus back - he needs to be eased in gently.
Of course, but I have explained earlier why I really doubt Arsenal wants to recall Balogun "just in case". It would have a bad effect on loaning players in the future in addition to the financial penalties.

Nketiah, Trossard and Martinelli is good enough cover for about a month until Jesus is back. Especially because Nelson is already training and hopefully ESR is back soon too.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Exactly. The striker market has been in steep decline the past decade. You DON'T get rid of this kid

The way I see it - Balogun has the potential of a Harry Kane to say a Robbie Keane for Nketiah. Just for comparison purposes.

Nketiah has improved leaps and bounds but he just doesn’t have the ‘it’ which all top strikers have. The ability to improvise and pull out some magic. Balogun has it.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
The way I see it - Balogun has the potential of a Harry Kane to say a Robbie Keane for Nketiah. Just for comparison purposes.

Nketiah has improved leaps and bounds but he just doesn’t have the ‘it’ which all top strikers have. The ability to improvise and pull out some magic. Balogun has it.

You described it perfectly Balogun is special he has that Va Va Voom.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

I think Eddie is able to pull off magical poacher goals that I haven’t seen from Balogun yet. I think Eddie is a better CF than Balogun, but Balo could be an elite wide forward. I think Balo’s back to goal play is quite average despite being bigger than Eddie.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Balogun is a better footballer than Eddie. Nketiah is a good poacher but outside the box he doesn't produces. Yet Eddie is good defensively and fights but he won't produce any goal by himself or take players dribbling outside the box. Eddie is weak in the long balls.

Top Bottom