• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Sparrahork

My personal hope is we can tie him down to a longer deal, sending him out on loan to likes of palace to prove himself in the premiership.

An alternative that may suit all parties is balo to stay next season and Eddie go out on loan. I think regular football would be good for Eddie, he is a different player to the one who failed at Leeds.

Nice problem to have where two prospects pushing to be in the squad. Given tross is doing well as a false number 9 I think we can all agree there is no space for both.

Rattata

Maybe he knows that Balogun is a elite regen
Doubt it since our youngsters have been rated pretty low the past Football Manager games. United, Liverpool and even Sp**s youngsters were better than ours all the time despite no evidence in reality

It got better this year though.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Doubt it since our youngsters have been rated pretty low the past Football Manager games. United, Liverpool and even Sp**s youngsters were better than ours all the time despite no evidence in reality

It got better this year though.
Problem was the FM researcher 10-15 years ago thought every young player we had was elite, so the current one has gone the other way, and tends to underrate those who've not made the team yet. Frankly, as has been proved, he significantly underrated a lot of the first team too, totally ignoring last season's improvements. Also the current researcher clearly knows nothing about the u18s as there is so much wrong there.

Lots of boosts post update though, and you can create something v similar to Arteta-ball on it now.

Pepesuave

And then you have to ask who is the more clinical and who allows us to play a different style. We can say Ligue 1 is a farmers league but Reims have an attack that barely resembles one although they are a bit better than at the start. Balogun has done well all things considered. Eddie I think has 5 goals in 12 games in a harder league with a better team. Atm, it's Balogun for me if only to move on from something that doesn't look like it will work long term. I'm glad Arteta has a choice in this position
Given we have Trossard as a CF option, then we ought to pick the player with the higher ceiling and that's Balogun for me! I like Eddie but I think he is a Brighton/Leicester level player and will do well in those sorta teams, fetching us a decent fee in the process

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

If he has clubs like AC Milan seriously interested in him he won't want to come back here anyway. Second/third choice here or starting for Milan? Only one choice really.

Why would he be third choice? He is our best striker bar Jesus.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Looking at his goal yesterday it’s a great run and good pace, gets a bit lucky it goes through the keeper but I guess he makes that luck by taking the shot with power. Tbh I was trying to imagine Eddie in that situation and I don’t think he’d take that shot on his left. Flo might be clear.

bergholt

Looking at his goal yesterday it’s a great run and good pace, gets a bit lucky it goes through the keeper but I guess he makes that luck by taking the shot with power. Tbh I was trying to imagine Eddie in that situation and I don’t think he’d take that shot on his left. Flo might be clear.

Flo's clearly a better finisher than Eddie or probably Jesus, but that's not all Tets asks of his strikers. The open question is whether he can press (doesn't look like Reims do that at all) and contribute to the play when he's not shooting.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Flo's clearly a better finisher than Eddie or probably Jesus, but that's not all Tets asks of his strikers. The open question is whether he can press (doesn't look like Reims do that at all) and contribute to the play when he's not shooting.
He's somewhere inbetween Eddie and Jesus in terms of all-round play. He's asked to play on the shoulder more for Reims while he was a lot deeper at Boro. Wouldn't say its his biggest strength but I'd argue he's good at it.

His pressing is miles better now than before though.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have a feeling that Arteta will send Balogun out on loan again next season, and I think Bayer Leverkusen could be the perfect team for him.

I think he'll go on loan because our striker options next season will be Jesus, Nketiah, Trossard, and Martinelli; so it will be hard for him to get minutes. Also, we'll be in the Champions League, and I think Arteta will want to see how our existing strikers perform at that level before shaking things up.

Similarly, despite Balogun's great season, he isn't playing in Europe, so I think he'll want to send him on loan to a team competing in Europe and challenging for the top four in their domestic league. Leverkusen could be perfect.

Xabi Alonso is Bayer's coach, and him and Arteta are both close friends and have the same philosophy. Also, since his appointment, Xabi has completely turned the team around. Today, they beat Bayern Munich. Currently, they're in 9th place, but a strong finish to the season could get them in the Europa League.

If they are in the Europa League, I think this would be a great place for Balogun to develop.

If he performs well there we could bring him back the season after next season, if Arteta doesn't believe that our striker options are good enough. But we do think they are good enough, we could sell him and I doubt his value will go down after a season at Bayer.

Top Bottom