• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think the odd freak like Haaland and Saka who are World class at 21 seriously warps people's opinions of youngsters. Being that good at that age is the anomaly not the rule.

I remember every 19/20 year old used to be compared to Cesc too who was the anomaly of all anomalies. We'll never see an 18 year old come in and replace someone like Vieira at a top 4 club and perform like he did ever again. It's simply unheard of, especially in that position where he takes so much of the responsibility, but I do remember it was kind of a thing where people would compare players slightly older to where Cesc was and use it as a way to say they wouldn't make it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah they want to play in the WC for a competitive nation. That’s why all these kids pick England, Holland, France, Germany etc.

Nobody is picking the US so they can play 3 WC group games every 4 years against Wales and Iran when you can get into better teams/squads.

I make a bet with you. Balogun will choose the USA. If you watched when he was asked few days ago he made it clear he want to play international football and big competition. Never said he was English or felt like one

GDeep™

League is very weak
I make a bet with you. Balogun will choose the USA. If you watched when he was asked few days ago he made it clear he want to play international football and big competition. Never said he was English or felt like one
I’m talking in general when you look at current squads and players. I haven’t seen too or in demand players turn away from major nations. You’re probably right with Balo.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Balogun was like a politician. Didn't give a preference or rule anything out.

However if Balogun has any faith is his own ability he wouldn't choose USA now over England. He will give it another year or two and then see what way the land lies and how he progresses.

Only when he is fairly confident England isn't an option will he switch side.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Balogun was like a politician. Didn't give a preference or rule anything out.

However if Balogun has any faith is his own ability he wouldn't choose USA now over England. He will give it another year or two and then see what way the land lies and how he progresses.

Only when he is fairly confident England isn't an option will he switch side.
Balogun sent a tweet saying he want to go where he is loved. Got selected for the U21 and pulled out and went to the US. He has pretty much made his decision. The US is huge market and with home World Cup coming he can really be a star over there

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Balogun sent a tweet saying he want to go where he is loved. Got selected for the U21 and pulled out and went to the US. He has pretty much made his decision. The US is huge market and with home World Cup coming he can really be a star over there
Professional and competitive people don't choose an inferior option over a superior one until they've exhausted all avenues. In life or in sport.

Balogun spent 2 years which he won't remember in the US vrs 19 in England.

Balogun is simply keeping his options open and rightly so.

He hasn't done anything to warrant a call up to the senior England team nor US team until recently. Hopefully he doesn't get too ahead of himself and want to run before he can walk. Because that can filter into club football.

If he's good enough and consistent enough, his time will come and whatever he chooses fair enough. But not many players choose an inferior country for the love of it. Esepcially one they have no deep connection to apart from being born there. Its mainly because of the opportunity that they can't get elsewhere.

Edit: all this where he is loved talk. He has been given a hell of a lot more love in England than the US. He's a professional footballer thanks to everything he found in England from grass roots to current club coaches at Arsenal and England.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Yeah they want to play in the WC for a competitive nation. That’s why all these kids pick England, Holland, France, Germany etc.

Nobody is picking the US so they can play 3 WC group games every 4 years against Wales and Iran when you can get into better teams/squads.
The WC host nations are hosting the Copa America in the US and will take place around the same time as the Euros which is in Germany. This is the perfect opportunity for us to throw gobs of cash at this for eye balls as the time difference will affect Euros viewership over on this side of the globe and could raise our profile if we look competent against South American teams.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This year's pre-season is going to be interesting. I think we'll get some ideas of which players are in future plans then.

It is difficult to assess what Balogun's loan really means in terms of his future here.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Professional and competitive people don't choose an inferior option over a superior one until they've exhausted all avenues. In life or in sport.

Balogun spent 2 years which he won't remember in the US vrs 19 in England.

Balogun is simply keeping his options open and rightly so.

He hasn't done anything to warrant a call up to the senior England team nor US team until recently. Hopefully he doesn't get too ahead of himself and want to run before he can walk. Because that can filter into club football.

If he's good enough and consistent enough, his time will come and whatever he chooses fair enough. But not many players choose an inferior country for the love of it. Esepcially one they have no deep connection to apart from being born there. Its mainly because of the opportunity that they can't get elsewhere.

Edit: all this where he is loved talk. He has been given a hell of a lot more love in England than the US. He's a professional footballer thanks to everything he found in England from grass roots to current club coaches at Arsenal and England.
USA is more significant country in the world than England though. Being a star in America opens so many more avenues than being star in tiny England

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
USA is more significant country in the world than England though. Being a star in America opens so many more avenues than being star in tiny England
The USA is about as significant in terms of football, as trophy polish is to Sp**s.

Nothing to do with football in the US is even close to England.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not in this sport
They are on the up though. They should have beaten England in the World Cup. I’m just saying I expect their level to go up. It’s a huge country and as the sport over there grows they will produce more talents

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
A fifty mil sell would get me rock hard. We are terrible at selling players. Also love the way some posters who have wiped their arse with Ligue 1 suddenly think it’s top tier lol

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
They are on the up though. They should have beaten England in the World Cup. I’m just saying I expect their level to go up. It’s a huge country and as the sport over there grows they will produce more talents
Two decades from now, maybe, but not by the next World Cup.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Two decades from now, maybe, but not by the next World Cup.
home support with 1-2 more players coming though I see them going to QF. One step better than last wc. England will probably go out around same round and take it as step in the right direction

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They will never be major players in football.

As for your theory they are on the up. 20 years ago they got to the quarter finals. There has been a huge push and investment in the US along with more coverage and attention and they haven't kicked on.

There's nothing to suggest they ever will.

England is a much better choice for the benefit of his footballing career....if he is good enough.

Plutarch

Tiny England? In football? You mean the Premier League that's the richest and most popular in the world? As opposed to the MLS that basically no one cares about?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If I was Balogun I'd choose USA. Maybe a personal grudge I have with the England team setup but I'm tired of all the young dons getting capped once and getting dropped for the stiff guys that always get caps and continue to fail. Tammy Abraham is a good example, had a spark when he was hot and should have chose Nigeria. I want some of these guys to play for their nations of heritage for once. I'd even prefer Balogun choose Nigeria personally but USA is the perfect medium IMO. They have 0 good #9s and he has an opportunity to lead their line and hopefully they can start to put together a decent set of talents.

That's why I'll always respect Iwobi, he set his stall out very early on and chose Nigeria. I figured Saka would pick England because he was and is good enough to be a main event player for them, but the ones that won't get that distinction should 100% let it go and build up their ancestral nations so they don't have to rely on their scant England caps for international honours.

Balogun may have his strongest ties to England and he could very well be patient and keep playing his game but if he was smart, he would stop waiting for them. They'll pick Kane until his legs fall off.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If I was Balogun I'd choose USA. Maybe a personal grudge I have with the England team setup but I'm tired of all the young dons getting capped once and getting dropped for the stiff guys that always get caps and continue to fail. Tammy Abraham is a good example, had a spark when he was hot and should have chose Nigeria. I want some of these guys to play for their nations of heritage for once. I'd even prefer Balogun choose Nigeria personally but USA is the perfect medium IMO. They have 0 good #9s and he has an opportunity to lead their line and hopefully they can start to put together a decent set of talents.

That's why I'll always respect Iwobi, he set his stall out very early on and chose Nigeria. I figured Saka would pick England because he was and is good enough to be a main event player for them, but the ones that won't get that distinction should 100% let it go and build up their ancestral nations so they don't have to rely on their scant England caps for international honours.

Balogun may have his strongest ties to England and he could very well be patient and keep playing his game but if he was smart, he would stop waiting for them. They'll pick Kane until his legs fall off.
Balogun "should stop waiting for them".

You are speaking as if he 25 and has been ignored for years.

The lad has literally had about 6 months of decent football in a second rate league.

If anything, Balogun should be saying, let's keep going another 6 months and make sure that whoever is England manager can't not pick me.

It would be incredibly foolish for Balogun to make a snap decision now. See how things pan out the next 6-12 months. Even he realises that scoring 17 in France is nothing if he doesn't back that up the rest of the season and going forward.

If you feel Southgate is making a mistake not picking him, then you'd also have to admit that Arteta is making a huge error not having him in the Arsenal squad.

Top Bottom