• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Balogun will be the main if not one of the main stars for the U.S.A team, but it's a personal decision.

Southgate will probably use Kane like France use Giroud and will be wheeling him out when he's 40.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If I was him I'd be picking USA with the next world cup being there. He's not likely to win it with any team he plays for so being able to start for a team in a home (of sorts) world cup is something many footballers will never have the chance to do.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
That's such nonsense. :lol:
Maybe, maybe not tbf. How many did Laca score here last season compared to France.
Jonathan David seems to score loads but no big club has bought him. Balo has done great so far but no guarantee it would translate to goals in prem.

For all we know Eddie may outperform them all in France?

Next season we may decide on keeping one out of Eddie or Flo & selling the other?

This should hopefully be on ability.

However if Flo is thinking he is 'entitled' & kicking up a fuss after not being selected for England after a few months in a sub par league would he have the right attitude here?

I'm all for self confidence but Man really needs to stay humble.

Don't forget less than 12 months ago he was struggling to get a game in the Championship.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Scored a penalty in the 90th minute to make it 1-1.

“Earned” by a teammate via VAR in a very dubious decision.
Thought our man Flo had a bad day at the office today tbh. Still plays him very high up so he's often on the shoulder looking to latch onto the ball in space so if he doesn't get fed he isn't in the game, and that's what happened for most of the game. What compounded today's game was that the few times he was fed, he fluffed his lines. Outside of the penalty he had an xG today of 1.60 and didn't score. If he's gonna play as the sole marksman he's gotta put those away (they were mostly headers but still). Ended up being a good day for him in the end as he still walked away with a goal - a penalty but they all count.

I do think another loan would be perfect for him. There's clearly more he has to do IMO. It just remains to be seen whether he ****s with that or not.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Thought our man Flo had a bad day at the office today tbh. Still plays him very high up so he's often on the shoulder looking to latch onto the ball in space so if he doesn't get fed he isn't in the game, and that's what happened for most of the game. What compounded today's game was that the few times he was fed, he fluffed his lines. Outside of the penalty he had an xG today of 1.60 and didn't score. If he's gonna play as the sole marksman he's gotta put those away (they were mostly headers but still). Ended up being a good day for him in the end as he still walked away with a goal - a penalty but they all count.

I do think another loan would be perfect for him. There's clearly more he has to do IMO. It just remains to be seen whether he ****s with that or not.

A loan to somewhere like Brighton next season might be just the ticket.

DuBB

Yeah I watched the whole game, as I have watched probably close to 10 Reims games this season.

What bothered me watching today was how single-mindedly focused he was on playing off the shoulder of the CBs. It's all he wanted to do. Exactly as you saw, too. He only wanted to be played through and had no interest in anything else.

Now, that might be by instruction, but he showed no desire to join play as he has sometimes done this season. I've seen him drop into the 10, play a one two and then try and get played through. None of that today.

I'll give him another 2 games to see if it's becoming a thing, but what you saw today was a striker playing for a poor team who only cares about how many goals he can score, which is something I was worried would happen.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I`ve always liked strikers that really wants to get in behind the defence but he needs to have more to his game to succeed here, Arteta wants his strikers to contribute more than just being a threat running in behind.

TheDrunkenMaster

Yeah I watched the whole game, as I have watched probably close to 10 Reims games this season.

What bothered me watching today was how single-mindedly focused he was on playing off the shoulder of the CBs. It's all he wanted to do. Exactly as you saw, too. He only wanted to be played through and had no interest in anything else.

Now, that might be by instruction, but he showed no desire to join play as he has sometimes done this season. I've seen him drop into the 10, play a one two and then try and get played through. None of that today.

I'll give him another 2 games to see if it's becoming a thing, but what you saw today was a striker playing for a poor team who only cares about how many goals he can score, which is something I was worried would happen.
As said before he is selfish and only playing for himself. He’s getting to big for his boots imo, declining the England’s U21’s squad because he wasn’t called up for the senior squad and the repeated social media crap when we were trying to renew his contract with the the clock has put me a bit off him. I doubt he would be willing to be a back up here

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

It's defo instruction. When he played at Boro, he did a lot of dropping deep. He has the capability to do it well. The issue he has is that he's the main goalscorer for his team and their biggest threat on the counter. So when he is used, Still often plays him very high up to exploit space. Works against the stronger teams but I think they need to let him drop in or move wide a bit more.

I think he was pretty average today though. Passes were heavy and lazy, and he was poor in front of goal.

DuBB

Not having the best time in front of goal of late. Watching him now, missed 2 absolute sitters.

He just fluffed a chance after being put through one on one.

Earlier season Balogun would have shot well before and probably scored. Instead he dawdled on the ball and had it stolen from him

Not having a good month+

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He just fluffed a chance after being put through one on one.

Earlier season Balogun would have shot well before and probably scored. Instead he dawdled on the ball and had it stolen from him

Not having a good month+
Needs one to go in. Knowing Balogun, it'll be a ****in worldie from 30 yards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom