• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Missed a golden chance at the end there. Unlucky. He's otherwise done a fantastic job with the goalscoring chances he's had. Finishing at his amount of xG.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Just noticed 5 of his goals are from penalties, makes it a bit less amazing, still good though.
If we get a good offer like 60-70 mil it will be hard not to sell probably.

Would be stupid to sell for 35 mil

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Just noticed 5 of his goals are from penalties, makes it a bit less amazing, still good though.
If we get a good offer like 60-70 mil it will be hard not to sell probably.

Would be stupid to sell for 35 mil
In his defence, he won those pens himself. Contrarily, I actually don't rate him as a penalty taker. Far better from open play.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
In his defence, he won those pens himself. Contrarily, I actually don't rate him as a penalty taker. Far better from open play.
Interesting, I haven't watched him except for highlights so take my points with a grain of salt.
Wouldn't say he seems very exceptional in the highlights though. More a finisher and get behind the lines than a Jesus kind of player from the very limited of what i've seen

TheDrunkenMaster

I doubt he will be here next year he doesn’t seems to be the kind of player that will be happy sitting on the bench here. I’ve also watched him now a few times he doesn’t seem to contribute much in the build up, isn’t the most clinical and complains a lot when his teammates don’t look out for him at every possibility.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I doubt he will be here next year he doesn’t seems to be the kind of player that will be happy sitting on the bench here. I’ve also watched him now a few times he doesn’t seem to contribute much in the build up, isn’t the most clinical and complains a lot when his teammates don’t look out for him at every possibility.

Regardless of him being happy or not to be on the bench, you don't stunt development like that by making him play less football.

Needs to find a club that's better than where he is at, but not so much to the point where he won't start.

After another 12 you make a decision on him or Eddie and take it from there.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Great to see how well he's doing, one of our best loans...even if we end up selling him, he's put us in a great position to get full value...hope we can get him a Prem loan next season though, one where he is starting every week.

Checked the game to see if his team won and saw that Alexis Sanchez actually scored twice to win it 2-1 for Marseille...i remember that guy...

meliodas-smile-crying-ueqfmuwqdsqsouwy.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A club where he'd be behind at least two players (Jesus and Trossard) and possibly a third. It's very easy for people to sit there and say bring him back but he has had a taste of starting and scoring, being adored by fans and having his name written all over the papers. Coming back here to sit on the bench isn't going to interest him.
I’m sure he’d want us to give him a chance to see where he can get to in the rotation. He’s back himself to get ahead of ESR and Eddie in the rotation and I wouldn’t mind giving him a season or two to do that. If he wants to leave after that then fair enough.

Martinelli is our only outlet player at the moment, Balogun could be a genuine alternative in that role.

17 league goals at this age is scary. The upside of Balogun has to be explored imo.

TheDrunkenMaster

Regardless of him being happy or not to be on the bench, you don't stunt development like that by making him play less football.

Needs to find a club that's better than where he is at, but not so much to the point where he won't start.

After another 12 you make a decision on him or Eddie and take it from there.
He’s been at the club since 2011 they should know by now if he’s good enough or not. If he isn’t the club should cash in on him in the summer, one poor loan and his value decrease’s badly.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He seems to be getting off a huge amount of shots every game. 5 yesterday,think he had 11 a few weeks ago. Maybe he is a bit too eager to shoot sometimes and obviously the PL is something else but that is always a very good sign for a striker

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He’s been at the club since 2011 they should know by now if he’s good enough or not. If he isn’t the club should cash in on him in the summer, one poor loan and his value decrease’s badly.

Player development is not a linear curve?

Bunch of guys who had just as much promise are having bad times out on loan.

Plus the whole reason of loaning him again is to build on this. He doesn't have to get the same numbers for it to be a success.

10+ goals on a tougher league could be huge for him.

Ligue Un is not the best barometer for those kinds of stats.

Top Bottom