• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If he's going to stay at Arsenal then he should declare for whichever international side he's not going to get picked for, because I don't care about any of those international teams and international football is purely a waste of energy for Arsenal.
Nice

Bucephalus

1. I get his disappointment. He can be forgiven for thinking that with 17 goals in Ligue 1, not even playing for a particularly good club, should have him short-listed for the England squad. And that if that isn't enough, maybe it's time to look at other avenues for international football given there's two other countries he can play for.

2. Given that he can play for two other countries, I think it's really short-sighted from Southgate. Sure, Kane is the first choice starter for the foreseeable near-term future, but it's not like there's a wealth of striker talent lining up behind him. It's not like Balogun should play against Italy, but it would make sense to get him a few caps in lesser matches and get him tied down for England.

3. The injury looks a little bit suspicious, but isn't necessarily so. It would be completely understandable to have a minor muscle strain or joint niggle that you'd ignore for the chance at your first England cap, but prefer to rest rather than playing for the u21s.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Rumours are that he may choose USA?
Tbh he is still very young was raised in England so he should feel English & want to represent for England.
He should honestly hold back at least 12 months before committing on international football.
Now I could understand if he was older & miles away but certainly no rush at the moment.

At the end of the day he is no more than a young on loan player doing well in a sub par league.
I'm all for self belief & confidence but perhaps he is getting ideas above his station?

Does he honestly deserve a place in the England squad for important European qualifiers over Kane & Toney?

Does he fcuk!

Will he get chances in the next 12 months & beyond to represent England with Kane ageing & question marks over Toney if he continues to perform?
Absofrigginlutely!

GDeep™

League is very weak
If he's going to stay at Arsenal then he should declare for whichever international side he's not going to get picked for, because I don't care about any of those international teams and international football is purely a waste of energy for Arsenal.
Nobody cares what you want, players want to represent their country and play in big tournaments.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
3. The injury looks a little bit suspicious, but isn't necessarily so. It would be completely understandable to have a minor muscle strain or joint niggle that you'd ignore for the chance at your first England cap, but prefer to rest rather than playing for the u21s.
He was training on his own yesterday so whatever knock it is couldn’t have been that bad.

The U21 Euros are this summer and Balogun would probably be expected to lead the line there, if he does well he can use that as a platform to get into the main squad just as Kane did.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Why would Balogun go for England anyways? Just a bunch of inept managers one after another.

At least if he goes to the USA he'll be worshipped as a hero if he fills his potential and won't be slated by the media/fans every chance they get. Imagine being boo'd at halftime every tournament game? Imagine being judged by Gareth Southgate?

Easy choice.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Why would Balogun go for England anyways? Just a bunch of inept managers one after another.

At least if he goes to the USA he'll be worshipped as a hero if he fills his potential and won't be slated by the media/fans every chance they get. Imagine being boo'd at halftime every tournament game? Imagine being judged by Gareth Southgate?

Easy choice.
Are you kidding me? He will be a hero if he scores one goal against Trinidad and Tobago in an international friendly.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

Easy choice.
Lol well 1st he's fkin English!

2nd England are a far bigger footballing country than the US likely will ever be.
They don't even call the game football ffs.

If good enough he will have a 'chance' to play & seriously compete in by far the 2 biggest international tournaments in the World.
European championships & World Cup.

If you are good enough & serious you pick England everytime.

If you are not England standard & like big foam fingers you go & play for the US.

The 'inept' England manager has still reached the latter stage of the biggest tournaments.

The most famous US manager is Ted friggin Lasso.

Is he in charge for the next World Cup? 🤔

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Balo also doesn't know what Eddie is going to do, what happens if he declares for Nigeria and they have Eddie and osihmen?
Pretty sure Eddie Nketiah is Kenyan. His last name used to be Nkenyah but upon arrival he changed his name to appeal to Brits.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

2nd England are a far bigger footballing country than the US likely will ever be.

If good enough he will have a 'chance' to play & seriously compete in by far the 2 biggest international tournaments in the World.

If you are not England standard & like big foam fingers you go & play for the US.

The 'inept' England manager has still reached the latter stage of the biggest tournaments.

It might be bigger for him to lead the line for the US in the 2026 World Cup in the Americas, than all of the above....

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
That would really throw a spanner in the works since he’s Ghanaian.

Could still happen though. Like when you wormed yourself a San Marino passport so you could finish top 100 in their nations WC Predictor.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

Okay.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
It might be bigger for him to lead the line for the US in the 2026 World Cup in the Americas, than all of the above....
Tbf I can see the appeal especially if not good enough to represent England but it certainly shouldn't be the 1st thought in his mind at the moment.
Let's be honest he has little affiliation with the US except he happened to be conceived their while his parents were taking a holiday.
Doubt he would be so keen to represent New Zealand if they had holidayed there?

I get that it may turn out to be 'fortunate' as it has given him another option👍.

However in reality his choices should be
1st England
2nd Nigeria due to heritage
3rd USA due to 'fortune'

Don't mean I'm gonna crucify the lad if he picks the US btw.

Just saying that's how it should be & he should give it some time before making the final decision.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He would be crazy not to be US main striker. No other striker in England will get ahead of Kane next 4-5 years

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Tbf I can see the appeal especially if not good enough to represent England but it certainly shouldn't be the 1st thought in his mind at the moment.
Let's be honest he has no affiliation whatsoever with the US except he happened to be conceived their while his parents were taking a holiday.
Doubt he would be so keen to represent New Zealand if they had holidayed there?

I get that it may turn out to be fortunate & give him another option.

However in reality his choices should be
1st England
2nd Nigeria due to heritage
3rd USA due to 'fortune'
I think it is his choice to make. We can't really know his attachment to the various nations, or how he views his opportunities.

Top Bottom