• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Makes sense given the large amount of promising young strikers at the club. Wish him the best and hope we get a sell-on and buyback clause in there.

What would he fetch? I remember Thompson netting us 3m last summer?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This guy was putting up similar numbers to Greenwood at youth level for people who don’t know. This is so disappointing, especially with Aubameyang and Lacazette both leaving. Martinelli, Nketiah, John-Jules and Balogun would have been great to have.

Best have first refusal and clauses.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Makes sense given the large amount of promising young strikers at the club. Wish him the best and hope we get a sell-on and buyback clause in there.

We rejected a £5m bid in January from Brentford who love to shop here the bastards. He’s a much better talent than Thompson.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This guy was putting up similar numbers to Greenwood at youth level for people who don’t know. This is so disappointing, especially with Aubameyang and Lacazette both leaving. Martinelli, Nketiah, John-Jules and Balogun would have been great to have.

Seem he desperate for first team football yes we really should put buyback clause.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With Martinelli John-Jules and Nektiah balogun first team minutes will be very limited i don't think we can keep everybody

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This is sickening tbh! Absolute baller with killer instinct in front of the goal. The management in this club is horrendous

Oh do **** off. If he doesn’t want to sign a new deal you can’t force him. The kid is probably seeing all these other 18 year olds move around to other clubs to get first team football and wants something similar for himself, especially when he has Nketiah and Martinelli in front of him who we actually have evidence of being good in the seniors. People love throwing their toys out the pram when these academy players leave. We had the same with Amaechi last year and he has played 32 minutes of football in the German second division.

B77

With Martinelli John-Jules and Nektiah balogun first team minutes will be very limited i don't think we can keep everybody[/QUOTE
Balogun might just be the biggest talent of them all! suddenly, in my opinion, way better than John-Jules and Nketiah

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
Oh do **** off. If he doesn’t want to sign a new deal you can’t force him. The kid is probably seeing all these other 18 year olds move around to other clubs to get first team football and wants something similar for himself, especially when he has Nketiah and Martinelli in front of him who we actually have evidence of being good in the seniors. People love throwing their toys out the pram when these academy players leave. We had the same with Amaechi last year and he has played 32 minutes of football in the German second division.
Fantastic post!

B77

Balogun is waaaaay better than Amaechi ever was! Hell, he’d be overtaken Nketiah in a short amount of time, but again, Thats only my opinion.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's probably a sign that we'll keep Auba and we can't get rid of Laca. Martinelli and Eddie are already ahead of him so there's not much the kid can do here. It's a good move for him.

On the positive, Greenwood will take his place at u23 and we'll see what he can do at that level

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️

Def need to add buy back clause. Losing talent like this is a bit disappointing but like others have said. They're few strikers already ahead of him and he wants first team football so just wasn't good for him currently.

Good luck to the lad.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Balogun is waaaaay better than Amaechi ever was! Hell, he’d be overtaken Nketiah in a short amount of time, but again, Thats only my opinion.

That’s fair enough but like I said, these teenagers are becoming more ambitious now. It’s not enough to wait around until they’re 20/21 to start playing regularly, they want to be playing at 18. Unfortunately for us he’s got two players ahead of him who are around the same age and have proven themselves to make the step up from youth football to senior football so he’d have to fight his way to the top of the pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom