• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don't mind him leaving as long as we get a buyback and a sell on.

Ler him leave on good terms wi5h the club so we can actually lure hum back should we want to.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
You never know who wants these kids and what they offer in terms of money and squad roles.

Let's hope we get a good offer for him, best of luck if he leaves.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Oh well disappointing, I really would have been to keep him for a few years but not much to do, a good talent but he can't do much if he realises Nketiah, Martinelli, TJJ all competing for a front spot aswell & Nketiah, Martinelli are already permanently in there. We probably couldn't promise him the game time he was starting to be keen to get. Put in a buy back clause though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When Gnabry came into the first team in 13/14, you could see he had something about him...though he was nowhere near as consistent as he is now obviously, I remember him tearing Sp**s apart that season, a couple of great surging runs against the likes of Swansea and Fulham that nearly resulted in goals...and despite clearly being a nervous 18 year old making his first strides in top flight football, his work rate was outstanding in every match he pretty much played for, etc...think he made around 20 appearances that year before his injury, he looked very promising.

Obviously he spent the next season injured, which was just unfortunate and not the clubs fault...but the decision to send him to ****ing Tony Puils on loan was, how the **** would he know how to use a winger like Gnabry!

We should never have loaned him to West Brom and we should have kept him in the first team that season and given him a chance...think it would have turned out differently if we did it this way, would have at least had him smashing it for us for a few years...still can't believe we agreed to give him to Pulis, infuriates me everytime I think about it

Gnabry had experience at this level, Balogun doesn't...Serge will always be a bigger **** up by the club.

El Duderino

People like to bring up Gnabry, but for every Gnabry, there is an Akpom, JET, Sanchez Watt, Zelalem ect ect. If the club can get 5-1om off someone its a great deal.

I mean, the only "failure" we had with Gnabry was not protecting ourselves more from the Werder/Bayern thing, which pretty clear that was happening.

A better exit contract would've allowed us to get more money back from him. People like to bash the club and Arsène, but at the time he had failed his loan with Pulis and Wenger was honest with him and told him he wouldn't get the playing time he wanted.

He still really likes the club and has visited us on a number of occasions.

El Duderino

When Gnabry came into the first team in 13/14, you could see he had something about him...though he was nowhere near as consistent as he is now obviously, I remember him tearing Sp**s apart that season, a couple of great surging runs against the likes of Swansea and Fulham that nearly resulted in goals...and despite clearly being a nervous 18 year old making his first strides in top flight football, his work rate was outstanding in every match he pretty much played for, etc...think he made around 20 appearances that year before his injury, he looked very promising.

Obviously he spent the next season injured, which was just unfortunate and not the clubs fault...but the decision to send him to ****ing Tony Puils on loan was, how the **** would he know how to use a winger like Gnabry!

We should never have loaned him to West Brom and we should have kept him in the first team that season and given him a chance...think it would have turned out differently if we did it this way, would have at least had him smashing it for us for a few years...still can't believe we agreed to give him to Pulis, infuriates me everytime I think about it

Gnabry had experience at this level, Balogun doesn't...Serge will always be a bigger **** up by the club.

Yeah, but even Arsène said that he lacked professionalism while at Westbrom, did he not?

Not saying we couldn't have done what we did with Eddie and Bielsa, but it's part of the territory and learning experience
when it comes to being loaned.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean, the only "failure" we had with Gnabry was not protecting ourselves more from the Werder/Bayern thing, which pretty clear that was happening.

A better exit contract would've allowed us to get more money back from him. People like to bash the club and Arsène, but at the time he had failed his loan with Pulis and Wenger was honest with him and told him he wouldn't get the playing time he wanted.

He still really likes the club and has visited us on a number of occasions.

I do feel Wenger could have used Gnabry, especially in 2014 and 2015 when Theo was recovering from his ACL. But I do agree there's not much the club could have done to keep him, the lad wanted out and the lure of eventually playing for Bayern is massive for a German.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
JJ is a elite talent imo, cant say enough about Balogun myself, but he looks exciting as well and has a well rounded profile.

You dont have to risk much by offering him a bit more, he's almost certain to fetch 5-10m at a bare minimum in 2 years +

senna

Impossible to tell right now ifnI can share my view too. We should keep both and see how they develop in next years.

Defo keep both. But if you had to choose you take Balogun. In what is our worst season in in 25 years or so, this is the worst news to come out of the club. Can't even keep our best youngsters, looks liek we wont be spending much in the summer either so how do we get back to winning the big trophies? Rather than give Balogun the money that those bums Luiz and Soares have got on their new contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom