• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't get this wage demands issue. In the current climate I doubt he could get a better financial bigger offer than arsenal. If he signs a contract with us and does well we'll simply offer him a new one (i.em if he scores 15 senior goals in a season). He'll then be on even better money.

Really don't get the hold up with the lad, just sign the contract and work your way in to the first team. If he scores 20 in a season he'll be on £100k in no time.

Im not sure it's all wage demands I think it's playing demands

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Bigger talent than Eddie. Sign him up and sell Eddie. We already lost Malen partly cause of Eddie let's not lose another bigger talent!
Malen had nothing to do with Eddie. That was because the now departed Jonker thought Malen wasn't applying himself, particularly re fitness and conditioning

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Edu is resorting to Arsenal fan bot social networking tactics to stimulate our players' loyalty. Man's really down bad on his knees begging a guy who has barely played for us to stay. Yikes.. :lol::lol:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
There is no way nketiah gets another opportunity. I've never seen a u21 player get so many opportunities to perform for the first 11 and fail. If he at least contributed towards the build up/hold up then you can cut him some slack but he does absolutely nothing.

Arteta needs to cut his losses.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There is no way nketiah gets another opportunity. I've never seen a u21 player get so many opportunities to perform for the first 11 and fail. If he at least contributed towards the build up/hold up then you can cut him some slack but he does absolutely nothing.

Arteta is stubborn and that arrogance and stubbornness will be his downfall. He wanna say he made nketiah

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Arteta is stubborn and that arrogance and stubbornness will be his downfall. He wanna say he made nketiah

I'm pretty sure Arteta doesn't want to claim to be a white woman who has given birth to a black man.

Gender stuff is pretty weird nowadays, but this is over the top.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I can't see Balogun getting ahead of him. Arteta has openly said nketiah is ahead of him. On the one hand we all want to see Balogun play, but say he does.

Say he plays and kills it. Does an ESR. The club have no bargaining position at all. He can go anywhere he wants and even to a rival. He will be in complete control in terms of the contract.

Currently, he hasn't committed so why should we play him? The offer is on the table. It should be a situation where he signs and then gets loaned out. We give chances to young players. It's not like he can't see young players playing currently. It's not like we just signed a 50 million pound 23 year old striker who will block his path. We literally have two aging centre forwards and if Balogun backed his talent, he should sign, go out and kill his loan spell and come back and fight for a spot.

My problem with the club is that the should have found out whether Balogun was good enough 1 year ago. It's all well and good killing it in the under 23s, but we literally know nothing about his mentality. How would he cope with a goal drought? How does he play when he lacks confidence? How does he react in a game after he misses a big chance? What does he do to the next chance that comes along? How does he solve in game problems?

We should have some idea by now of those aspects of his game, but we don't. Instead we act like Nketiah has more to offer, when anyone can see that there are massive limitations. Physically he isn't fast or strong enough. There are passe he should get to earlier that he can't make anything of because he doesn't have the physicality. His finishing isn't all it's made up to be either. He lacks power in both feet and he snatches at ever chance he gets. Unless it's a tapping, how is he scoring? Have we seen him step inside a man and curl the ball into the goal? His link up play is non existent. He always plays the wall pass backwards. It's a joke that we wre so invested in a 3rd choice striker who should actually be 4 choice behind Martinelli anyway.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I agree with you @The_Playmaker we should've managed the situation better so we'd know where we stand now. Ideally in the summer we'd have a clear plan for him with an extension and a loan. Telling him he can compete for second striker next season.

Hjalmaar

The title is quite misleading if the pre-contract isn't confirmed and the situation is still open.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

The title is quite misleading if the pre-contract isn't confirmed and the situation is still open.
Hi Hjalmaar,

Thanks for your message! The title reflects the last known update on the players file for easy navigation. We'll be sure to update it as more comes about.

Thank you for your patience,

Arsenal-Mania Lobby Veteran Committee

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If there was a transfer linking us to a 19 year old player, even on a free transfer, and I went on youtube to look at their highlights and it turned out it was all youth team games, I'd be pretty indifferent about the transfer. Like, could be good could not be good, he's not even played senior football yet so I can't really care either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom