• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
if the club thinks he is a talent worth 40k makes sense... personally no clue what the younger players are on now

if its more down to yet another final year agent power move let him go... one thing Auba / Özil / Alexis doing this **** but cant let no names do it

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Runarsson is on 40k, Nketiah is apparently on 45k, Saliba is on 40k, Saka recently signed a 40k contract (should get bumpered by the end of the season).

Holding was on 25k until he signed an extension, Smith-Rowe will probably get an extension from 15-20k to 40k~.

Based on this it would make more sense if he signed a 20-25k contract, similar to Smith-Rowe and Nelson, given that he hasn't broken through to the first team yet. However, the Runarsson signing kind of skewed it all, so I can imagine him getting a 40k contract.

On the one hand, I wouldn't be too bothered with giving him a 40k contract, but on the other hand we have to be careful of giving away those contracts too easily, because 40k as a minimum for talents barely part of the first team will add up to quite a high wage bill again.
I really think in the next two years there will be a more talented player coming through and by giving him 40k based on what he has done in the u23. The next guy will argue the same. Our forward positions isn’t great with subs getting on age and same with laca. If he and his people can’t see the chance they have now. Then they really shouldn’t be the people we should invest in

people think he will go to a big club and be a starter. People need to look at his stats for the u23 which isn’t even impressive. There is a good chance he goes to a small club and a lot of kids from big club academies get lost in smaller clubs

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I really think in the next two years there will be a more talented player coming through and by giving him 40k based on what he has done in the u23. The next guy will argue the same. Our forward positions isn’t great with subs getting on age and same with laca. If he and his people can’t see the chance they have now. Then they really shouldn’t be the people we should invest in

people think he will go to a big club and be a starter. People need to look at his stats for the u23 which isn’t even impressive. There is a good chance he goes to a small club and a lot of kids from big club academies get lost in smaller clubs
Yeah I understand your reservations, I share them to a large extend. I would sell Lacazette, keep Auba centrally permanently and it would be great if Balogun and Martinelli could be his back-ups.

If he ultimately ends up at ~30k, higher than most of our talents, because our club rates his as the largest upcoming prospect then I can live with it, but they have to weigh it carefully.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You're setting a terrible precedent if you give Balogun £40k a week. What's he ever done to deserve that? Nothing.

Good luck with the next hyped youngsters coming through who would use Balogun being on £40k a week as a precedent when they need a new contract.

You can't use a poor signings and a ridiculous wage for Runarsson as a measuring stick. Everyone thinks that was a terrible deal all around from the player to wages to contract length.

£25K a week should be the max. Incentivise it. If he's as talented as he and his agent think, we'll look at bumping his wages up in 12 months when he's actually contributed in a meaningful way to the first eleven. It worked for Saka.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah I understand your reservations, I share them to a large extend. I would sell Lacazette, keep Auba centrally permanently and it would be great if Balogun and Martinelli could be his back-ups.

If he ultimately ends up at ~30k, higher than most of our talents, because our club rates his as the largest upcoming prospect then I can live with it, but they have to weigh it carefully.
Tbh I don’t see him an martinelli both staying. One has to go. I don’t think under Arteta martinelli has much of a future here

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You're setting a terrible precedent if you give Balogun £40k a week. What's he ever done to deserve that? Nothing.

Good luck with the next hyped youngsters coming through who would use Balogun being on £40k a week as a precedent when they need a new contract.

You can't use a poor signings and a ridiculous wage for Runarsson as a measuring stick. Everyone thinks that was a terrible deal all around from the player to wages to contract length.

£25K a week should be the max. Incentivise it. If he's as talented as he and his agent think, we'll look at bumping his wages up in 12 months when he's actually contributed in a meaningful way to the first eleven. It worked for Saka.
I still don’t see this amazing talent people talk about. Nothing in his stats suggest that. There are some serious young talented strikers like hugil and delap playing for the Manchester teams doing way better than him in the same league and 2 years younger

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I still don’t see this amazing talent people talk about. Nothing in his stats suggest that. There are some serious young talented strikers like hugil and delap playing for the Manchester teams doing way better than him in the same league and 2 years younger

Its hard to tell with these kids. Remember seeing Harry Kane in the flesh when he played a pre-season friendly against Monaco in about 2013 and he looked f*cking awful.

Genuinely remember laughing at what a donkey he was with my mates.

Two years later he was banging them in for fun.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We could just sell Nkeitah for 15m or so and promise that squad spot to Balogun, wouldn't give him 40k though. If he doesn't want it fine, move on.

DasBootist

Players have the power, it is what it is. Better we tie down our talented players than give more money to Kroenke

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Tbh I don’t see him an martinelli both staying. One has to go. I don’t think under Arteta martinelli has much of a future here
I don't see that necessarily. I think there is room for both if Lacazette and Eddie leave. Martinelli still fits at LW for me short-term, so he would be the first LW back-up, for instance:

Pepe - Auba - Saka
Martinelli - Balogun - Nelson

Not sure what to do on the wings to be honest. My pipedream would be Grealish who could play there, but then we would bench our most expensive player again. Nelson also needs to play so I would loan him out, but it does not make sense to buy a RW for €30m as a back-up to Saka. Very difficult to me.

Ideally, we buy Ødegaard (who can also slot in at RW) and Olise, who can sort of fill in the gaps as third choice everywhere. Seems to me like the attack is sorted then for now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bolagun shown nothing to earn 40k. Guys who scoring goals in other league like Eduoard Daka Torey are earning less than 20k.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even Martinelli I'm sure he less than 40k after his new contract i don't blame Bolagun i blame his agent who not helping his client

6gunner

He might be asking us for 40M, but the reason he hasn't signed with another club is they haven't offered him 40M. He certainly isn't going to get anywhere near that on the Continent. His decision is to accept less money initially to play more over there, or accept more here (and not 40M) to play less.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't see that necessarily. I think there is room for both if Lacazette and Eddie leave. Martinelli still fits at LW for me short-term, so he would be the first LW back-up, for instance:

Pepe - Auba - Saka
Martinelli - Balogun - Nelson

Not sure what to do on the wings to be honest. My pipedream would be Grealish who could play there, but then we would bench our most expensive player again. Nelson also needs to play so I would loan him out, but it does not make sense to buy a RW for €30m as a back-up to Saka. Very difficult to me.

Ideally, we buy Ødegaard (who can also slot in at RW) and Olise, who can sort of fill in the gaps as third choice everywhere. Seems to me like the attack is sorted then for now.
I really dont think you can go in a PL season with so many young players, the likes of nketiah and Balugon cant just replace Laca straight away. His experience and know how is important. He is one of the leaders of this club and he is simply a better player. It took a while for people here to accept Nketiah is not as good of a footballer as Laca and I doubt this kid is. Laca will be here next season imo playing important role

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Hugil is on 64,000 a week.

It's definitely worth the risk on Balogun.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
20k a week, a decent signing on fee and bonuses. We can't be giving a kid with no Premier league experience high wages.

The league average is about 25k I believe.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom