• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalFever

Good riddance.
I saw a post a while ago asking who you think will go furthest, Nketiah,TJJ or Balogun, my immediate thought was Balogun because of the flair he shows on the pitch and hunger to advance forward, obv his decision if he leaves but would have to question his character because of that decision. Don't really need that kinda attitude of player. Unless he's being swayed by agents etc.

Very different type of player to Nketiah, Eddie looks more adapt for the PL atm but I think Balo would do well if he stayed.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
- Nketiah surprised me the most this year, I really didnt think he could make it at arsenal and now hes starting ahead of Lacazette.
- Balogun for me is our biggest talent after Azeez so losing him feels pretty bad but he wants game time and isnt willing to wait not much you can do when that happens. As long as we have a good sell on clause I'm okay with this sale.
- Arteta has praised John Jules for months now and I definitely see him getting game time under Arteta, his technical ability as a forward is something Arteta would love to have in the team.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Balogun's game has more upside than Nketiah while Nketiah is currently better. Tell me how I'm high

Because you clearly cannot compare the two when Eddie is older and much further in his development, and actually contributing. Giving Balogun minutes ahead of him would be stupid.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Because you clearly cannot compare the two when Eddie is older and much further in his development, and actually contributing. Giving Balogun minutes ahead of him would be stupid.
I didn’t mean giving him minutes ahead of Nketiah. I was just frustrated at the fact that the potentially better talent is leaving while a decent prospect has become a first team regular though it's down to Lacazette being abysmal.
I should've phrased it better I suppose

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We're already developing Saka, Nketiah, Nelson, Willock, ESR and AMN from Hale End, like what more do people want. And tbh at this stage I'd only bet good money on Saka turning into a top player.

Youth development is hard, you're gonna lose some along the way. I'd say we should just be pleased that Hale End is producing talent, seems to be one of the few things this club is doing right these days, along with the women's team.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Brentford would be a good move for us. More likely to accept a buy back clause perhaps, we get to see him progress locally, good footballing side.

My worry is he's had his head turned by a move abroad though, like many youngsters playing in English academies.

Speaking of Brentford, how is Ollie Watkins rated. Is tenable to make a step up do folk think?

Bees are my 2nd team, so seen a lot of Watkins. Flexible, physical and good at dropping deep and wide in build up. Not sure he's at the sufficient technical level or quite explosive enough. Wouldn't be worth as much to us at it would cost I suspect. Possibly a guy to keep an eye on though, as he has developed a lot in the last 2 years.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
- Nketiah surprised me the most this year, I really didnt think he could make it at arsenal and now hes starting ahead of Lacazette.
- Balogun for me is our biggest talent after Azeez so losing him feels pretty bad but he wants game time and isnt willing to wait not much you can do when that happens. As long as we have a good sell on clause I'm okay with this sale.
- Arteta has praised John Jules for months now and I definitely see him getting game time under Arteta, his technical ability as a forward is something Arteta would love to have in the team.

Would soften the blow a bit. Not a finisher in the same class, but a strong runner with good dribbling skills, and a good physical profile

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

The contract offer surprises me. Performance based makes no sense for youth prospects. Would rather extend and loan than lose him, but given the interest we might fetch a decent fee.

Hope we get a sell-on and buyback included to prevent a Malen situation. Should've worked well with Bennacer.

Perhaps he could be included in a Benrahma deal given their interest.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Out of interest what has Mikel said about TJJ?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Let's sell him to Brentford and include him in the Benrahma deal

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It looks like he is training with the first team.
Yeah, seems weird. Hopefully it means the club has changed its mind and would offer him an improved contract. I don't know him that well, but from opinions from a lot of Arsenal fans, it seems he's a fantastic talent

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Out of interest what has Mikel said about TJJ?
http://dailycannon.com/2020/01/mikel-arteta-praises-complete-player-tyreece-john-jules/
“I’ve been very impressed with what I’ve seen of him in training. I really like him,” Arteta said. “For the last minutes the other day (against Leeds) he was a perfect fit. We ended up making a different decision, but I considered it.

“I asked him to be on the bench for that day because I really believe that he can have an impact on the pitch.

“He needs to go and prove himself now. He needs to challenge himself, he’s probably in a very comfortable environment here but he needs to get exposed. After that, we will see where he is.”

“He can do everything, he links really well on the ball every time he’s out of the number nine position,” Arteta continued. “He’s got a really good ability to do that. He reads situations earlier than others and he’s a good finisher as well.

“Physically he’s developed in a really good shape, so I think he’s a very complete player.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom