• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

If I'm Bolagun I'll sign laca Nektiah already look off and we'll sign striker so he'll likely be straight backup. His agent is wierd if your client want to stay why you making it difficult

Yeah. Ideal scenario, sell Laca & Eddie, sign a Toney or Edouard, leaves you with Auba senior, Toney Mid age 2nd option, Balogun youth project getting cup & sub minutes.
Martinelli concentrates on playing left side for the time being.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah. Ideal scenario, sell Laca & Eddie, sign a Toney or Edouard, leaves you with Auba senior, Toney Mid age 2nd option, Balogun youth project getting cup & sub minutes.
Martinelli concentrates on playing left side for the time being.
I don't think Martinelli will be CF more likely will continue developing as LW as you said. Bolagun will have so many chances next season no matter who we sign.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bit surprised that he might be staying, thought it was more or less clear he was on his way out?

balthazar

If I'm Bolagun I'll sign laca Nektiah already look off and we'll sign striker so he'll likely be straight backup. His agent is wierd if your client want to stay why you making it difficult
Hate agents, they are only interested in their own cut if a transfer can be made, rather than what is best for the player. All agents should be an equal monthly salary.

Malky

Established Member
Can't blame Balogun when Runnerson is on £40k a week.
Exactly. If we're able to pay absolute dross like him £40K a week, a guy that will (hopefully) never play for the club again, then we can afford to pay that to one of our highest rated prospects.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can't blame Balogun when Runnerson is on £40k a week.
I personally would not give him 40k and would let him leave on free. It’s one thing we were held hostage by stars, but to have a kid who has done nothing hold you hostage, then you might as well pack it as a club. And the boy is so overrated it’s not funny

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Runarsson is on 40k, Nketiah is apparently on 45k, Saliba is on 40k, Saka recently signed a 40k contract (should get bumpered by the end of the season).

Holding was on 25k until he signed an extension, Smith-Rowe will probably get an extension from 15-20k to 40k~.

Based on this it would make more sense if he signed a 20-25k contract, similar to Smith-Rowe and Nelson, given that he hasn't broken through to the first team yet. However, the Runarsson signing kind of skewed it all, so I can imagine him getting a 40k contract.

On the one hand, I wouldn't be too bothered with giving him a 40k contract, but on the other hand we have to be careful of giving away those contracts too easily, because 40k as a minimum for talents barely part of the first team will add up to quite a high wage bill again.

ClubLevel

To me its a no brainer. We either lose for free or tie him down on a 40k contract, if he's good enough we use him next season, if not loan him out with part or all of his wages covered. He either then makes it or his value goes up and we move him on. Almost a win-win in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom