• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Personally I don't want to sell him. At least have a look at him in pre season before making a decision.

But if we are looking to sell it's good that Newcastle are interested. We could get pretty decent money out of them compared to most of the other European sides who appear to be interested.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Why £20m. Why not more. Solanke went for £20m. I'm pretty sure Ings went for similar or more. Morgan Gibbs White went for about 35m.

Why does Eddie only warrant 20m?

I don't disagree with the idea. I'd just like to know why £20m. Why not £25m. Or £30m.

Eddie is on around 100k a week though.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Eddie is on around 100k a week though.
Watkins, Scammaca, Ings, etc are all on between 70-90k a week. 100k on football is nothing for most PL clubs and also we don't know if Eddie's salary is 100k a week or it's 80k a week and the signing on fee was added to sensationalise it.

Either way. Money isn't a problem.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Watkins, Scammaca, Ings, etc are all on between 70-90k a week. 100k on football is nothing for most PL clubs and also we don't know if Eddie's salary is 100k a week or it's 80k a week and the signing on fee was added to sensationalise it.

Either way. Money isn't a problem.

Were Watkins, Scammaca or Ings on £100k a week when they were signed by their current clubs? Doubt it. Probably on less than a quarter of that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Were Watkins, Scammaca or Ings on £100k a week when they were signed by their current clubs? Doubt it. Probably in less than a quarter of that.
So that means that West Ham has to offer Eddie double?

West Ham come in and say Eddie youl be our number 9. Arsenal are giving you 100k a week, we'll match that with first team football and a review in year 2?

You think Eddie's gonna say no to pick splinters out of his ass at Arsenal?

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
So that means that West Ham has to offer Eddie double?

West Ham come in and say Eddie youl be our number 9. Arsenal are giving you 100k a week, we'll match that with first team football and a review in year 2?

You think Eddie's gonna say no to pick splinters out of his ass at Arsenal?

No I’m saying it would be harder to find a club willing to pay both the fee we’d demand and his £100k a week wages. Less risk going for someone like Watkins or Scamacca for the same fee but half the wages.

The wages have been the main problem why we’ve struggled to shift the deadwood over the years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No I’m saying it would be harder to find a club willing to pay both the fee we’d demand and his £100k a week wages. Less risk going for someone like Watkins or Scamacca for the same fee but half the wages.

The wages have been the main problem why we’ve struggled to shift the deadwood over the years.
We could talk about this all night which I'm not gonna do.

Someone could afford £30m for Eddie and 100k a week. Which is basically what West Ham paid for Scammaca, someone untested in the league or outside Italy, apart from a small stint in Holland.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
We could talk about this all night which I'm not gonna do.

Someone could afford £30m for Eddie and 100k a week. Which is basically what West Ham paid for Scammaca, someone untested in the league or outside Italy, apart from a small stint in Holland.

Yeah probably not worth arguing about. Let’s just agree that you agree with me!

But in all seriousness clubs do seem to generally have a problem parting with their money when it comes to us.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah probably not worth arguing about. Let’s just agree that you agree with me!

But in all seriousness clubs do seem to generally have a problem parting with their money when it comes to us.
30m for Ox and 35m for Iwobi would suggest if you find a stupid enough club, youl have no problem getting money.

In other words, we just need Everton to bid and let nature take its course.

Kuroske

Given we will be in ECL next year, I don't see the rush to sell Balogun, especially given that Trossard is only a false 9 option because we have no-one else who can do that role with Jesus out AND Eddie was injured. Trossard can play there, but his primary worth will be in wider areas. We'll have enough minutes for Jesus, Eddie & Balogun, particularly as Jesus can play wide or 10, and both Eddie & Balogun have some inside forward experience. The only way one of them doesn't get decent minutes is if we have no injuries
Imo Trossard is the ideal back up for Jesus. With Trossard, Arsenal is playing the same game pre Jesus injury. Martinelli also seems to functioning better as he can drift between left side and the middle. Eddy was a decent back up, but I feel that he stops the flow of the attack and Martinelli game.

Buhry

Established Member

If we’re seriously considering selling Tierney and Balogun to Newcastle than anything less than taking them to the cleaners would be completely unacceptable.

If they want them that badly, £50M each thank you very much. Let’s roll like a proper big club again.

Literally, the saudis would need to overpay. Don't wanna be on the receiving end of what we're doing to city this season.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction

Well RW or CF is needed. But look like Nelson will extend his contract, so he can be Saka's backup.
G.Jesus and Vieira can play at RW too.

Martinelli/Trossard/ESR - Eddie/Jesus - Saka/Nelson/Vieira

I think we still miss a strong and tall striker. We need a goalscorer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom