• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's very promising? Seems to score loads, wonder if he has a better chance than Eddie.

Cash in on Eddie and give his minutes to Folarin.

Harsh but it’s basically sink or swim at this level.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Lacazette out this summer and Nketiah, Gabigod, and Balogun to battle it out for his minutes.
I'd love this. I do think we'd struggle without a CF with hold up play though. Ideally Nketiah develops this part of his game more this season but we'll see.

Honestly I'd be very surprised if Balogun is still here at the end of season. We have so many CF's and wingers in front of him, if we don't make sales i'm expecting him to go.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I'd love this. I do think we'd struggle without a CF with hold up play though. Ideally Nketiah develops this part of his game more this season but we'll see.

Honestly I'd be very surprised if Balogun is still here at the end of season. We have so many CF's and wingers in front of him, if we don't make sales i'm expecting him to go.
A CF with good hold up play basically turns us into a budget Liverpool.

Laca needs to be upgraded on, not sold just to let three inferior CFs battle it out for the chance to cost us points!:mad:

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
A CF with good hold up play basically turns us into a budget Liverpool.

Laca needs to be upgraded on, not sold just to let three inferior CFs battle it out for the chance to cost us points!:mad:

So like us now whenever whenever we play Laca as CF? :lol:

I think attacking chemistry is something we rarely consider. We might not need a player with Laca's hold up play if our forwards understand each other really well and are able to interchange and get goals.

The combination of Auba Laca Pepe we had for so long last year took a long time to gel. We were just starting to see the results but now Willian has come in the process has restarted . I'd be interested to see what kind of chemistry Gabi and Balogun can contribute. Sometimes things just click like with Martial Rashford and Greenwood after lockdown.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
I'm a fan of Laca btw, But i think next season will be our last chance to cash in if we want to. But then again we could easily sell 1/2 of Gabi, Nketiah or Balogun (if he signs)

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I do think we'd struggle without a CF with hold up play though.

I think Gabi's best position will be as this. I also have hopes that Nketiah and Balogun can improve to at least adequate in this aspect. Anyways, a strikers main job is to score. Ideally the starting CF is Auba anyways as long as his peak lasts.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

So like us now whenever whenever we play Laca as CF? :lol:

I think attacking chemistry is something we rarely consider. We might not need a player with Laca's hold up play if our forwards understand each other really well and are able to interchange and get goals.

The combination of Auba Laca Pepe we had for so long last year took a long time to gel. We were just starting to see the results but now Willian has come in the process has restarted . I'd be interested to see what kind of chemistry Gabi and Balogun can contribute. Sometimes things just click like with Martial Rashford and Greenwood after lockdown.
Cost us even more points* then. :lol:

Laca’s technique is so inconsistent, I think it goes to **** once he gets tired which is like 20 mins in.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If he doesn`t sign and leaves when his contract expires, how big will our compensation be? Substantial or just peanuts?
It'll be a bosman so most likely nothing, like when Dasilva left.

He's very promising? Seems to score loads, wonder if he has a better chance than Eddie.

Depends. Eddie's mentality and competitiveness is a bigger advantage than his detractors will admit because they've already decided that he isn't good enough :lol:. If Balogun can match that then IMO I would say he does have a slightly better chance. I consider Balogun to be marginally more talented - better dribbler and technician, arguably a more dextrous striker of the ball than Nketiah - that said, I think Nketiah is slightly quicker, has better movement and is the smarter overall player IMO.

I do hope this news is true. Will give us much more options in terms of young CFs.

REWB

Well see how good he is, im not sure tbh. Need to see he's foot skills/movement because physically he aint all that. However, he can grow.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Discuss our wonder kid here please. Might have only played two games but I think he’s going to the top.

Once he forces his way out to Bayern on a free.

Top Bottom